Page 1 of 17 12311 ...
    Mentor
    12-15-2008, 05:22 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 12/15/08

New agreement with MLB? Anythoughts?

Here is to hoping that Damien comes back to bring more chat back to the intraday forum!

Enthusiast
    12-15-2008, 10:26 AM #2
    good morning all ! my x-mas shopping is done. any news or whereabouts on Mel ?

Mentor
    12-15-2008, 01:38 PM #3
    Hello people.....

I'm down in McKinney, Texas visiting family for the holidays. I've been busy watching my sisters baby and doing a little Christmas shopping.

I just picked up another big chunk of of SIRI @ .143, but still have some dry powder left...

I expect the auto money to be announced soon....

Not much Sirius news to report. I am hoping that Mel will announce something positive before the shareholder meeting. I think that's a real possibility...

Hope everyone is hanging in there...

Peace...

Demian

Mentor
    12-15-2008, 01:42 PM #4
    Pivot Table for Today
    R2 - R1 - Pivot - S1 - S2
    0.16 0.15 0.14 0.13 0.12

Guru
    12-15-2008, 01:45 PM #5
    man i want to buy more too but i think it might hit the 10 cent level, no facts just a gut feeling , hope im wrong.

Mentor
    12-15-2008, 02:01 PM #6
    I've noticed how someone is trying to knockout stop triggers at .14. It always bounces off of it though. Volume looks strong today. My gut tells me that .14 is the line in the sand, but my gut has been wrong many times.....

I waited a very long time before my last buy today. I feel that the stock is about to move soon. It's been stuck in this range for awhile now.

I still have some dry powder, which adds to my comfort level....

Mentor
    12-15-2008, 02:31 PM #7
    Market red....SIRI green.

Mentor
    12-15-2008, 02:48 PM #8
    Oil continues it's slide.......good for SIRI.

DJ OIL FUTURES: Nymex Crude Falls As Demand Woes Outweigh OPEC

. Ê By Hyun Young Lee Ê Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
    Ê OTTAWA (Dow Jones)--Crude oil futures fell $5 from the session's high to slide below $45 a barrel Monday as attention reverted from a potential OPEC cut to still-dismal oil demand. Ê Light, sweet crude for January delivery fell $1.34, or 2.9%, to $44.94 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, after trading as high as $50.05 a barrel earlier. Brent crude on the ICE futures exchange was down $1.14 to $45.27 a barrel. Ê "You see a lot of selling whenever you get to the $50 a barrel mark, and buying when you get to $40 a barrel," said Jim Ritterbusch, president of energy trading advisory firm Ritterbusch & Associates. "There's a lot of volatility related to the various cross currents, and it'll carry over until the market settles on a direction after the New Year." Ê The run up to $50 a barrel earlier Monday was an overreaction, traders said, to growing signs of a sizable OPEC supply cut, the dollar's slide against other major currencies and a rebound in global equity markets. Ê But ongoing worries about demand weighed on prices as equity markets reversed direction and doubts started to build about how effective an OPEC cut would be when the group meets in Algeria on Wednesday. Ê A 2 million barrel-a-day supply cut from OPEC is already priced into the market, so the cartel will need to cut back further if it wants to have a more lasting impact on oil prices, traders said. Ê "They'd need to cut 3 million barrels a day, minimum," said Phil Flynn, a broker at Alaron Trading Corp. in Chicago. Ê He noted that OPEC has asked Russia to cut its production by up to 300,000 barrels a day. Ê "If OPEC were serious, you'd think they'd ask for more," Flynn said. "I take it as a sign that OPEC's not going to do what it needs to do to support the market." Ê However, the weakness of the dollar may be stemming the slide. The greenback is down against all its major rivals and will likely remain under pressure ahead of an expected interest rate cut announcement from the Federal Reserve Tuesday. Ê "I think we would be much closer to $40 a barrel right now had it not been for a significant weakening in the US dollar," Ritterbusch said. Ê Front-month January reformulated gasoline blendstock, or RBOB, was down 2.02 cents, or 1.9%, to $1.0575 a gallon. January heating oil fell 1.13 cents to $1.4821 a gallon. Ê -By Hyun Young Lee, Dow Jones Newswires; 613-237-0669; hyunyoung.lee@dowjones.com
    Ê (END) Dow Jones NewswiresÊ December 15, 2008 13:40 ET (18:40 GMT)Ê Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 01 40 PM EST 12-15-08

Mentor
    12-15-2008, 02:53 PM #9
    The automakers WILL get the cash.......good for SIRI.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081215/autos_levin.html

AP
    Levin thinks Bush auto aid to look like prior plan
    Monday December 15, 1:42 pm ET
    Levin says he expects Bush's automaker aid to follow prior deal between Congress, White House

DETROIT (AP) -- President George W. Bush's plan to aid impoverished U.S. automakers likely will follow the structure of a previous deal with congressional leaders, according to a Michigan senator.
    Democratic Sen. Carl Levin said Monday he expects Bush to abide by the earlier deal, which would provide loans for General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC to help them survive until March 31.

The House last week passed a $14 billion loan bill for the automakers that had Bush's blessing, but it was thwarted in the Senate after Republican leaders and the United Auto Workers couldn't agree on the timing of wage cuts.

"The president made a deal with the House of Representatives," Levin said at a news conference in Detroit. "Once the president makes a deal, he is not likely to walk away from it."

He said he expected the White House to announce terms of the plan by midweek, perhaps as early as Tuesday. He also said he expected GM would get $8 billion and Chrysler $7 billion -- the final $15 billion in the first installment of the $700 billion Wall Street bailout.

The House-passed bill includes a "car czar" to oversee restructuring of the companies to make sure they're viable. Levin said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would in effect become the czar, and his review of the automakers' finances may be holding up Bush's plan.

"I think he's probably satisfying himself about the books," Levin said, adding that Treasury looked at the companies' finances during the weekend and is continuing to do so. He said he's "confident they'll satisfy themselves those plans are based on solid numbers."

Levin said he's heard that the Bush package might be as large as $40 billion, possibly for the automakers' credit arms to free up loans for purchasers.

"It could be because the treasury could be looking at is not just the funds that were going to go to the operations side of the Big Three. ... On top of that they may be looking at what has always been known to be the need on the financial or the credit side for the Big Three," he said.

Treasury Department spokeswoman Brookly McLaughlin said no decisions have been made on what type of support to give the industry. Treasury officials are providing regular briefings to the White House, but she said there was no estimate on when a decision might be made.

"We continue to assess and review the information that we have received from the automakers," McLaughlin told reporters in Washington.

Guru
    12-15-2008, 03:18 PM #10
    siri is gonna give me an ulser

Page 1 of 17 12311 ...