Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    12-13-2008, 05:20 PM #1

more bad news, or is it?

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...nies-that.html

whats interesting is this guys comment

"To invest in these stocks is a good Idea because just as wamu when it went into chapter , its stock symbol did change to wamuq at that very second the shareholders had something real good. The share holders knew before the general public did that the symbol changed. At that very moment wamuq was sold at tenths a penny per share and quickly rose to 18 cents per share...turning a investment of just a couple hundred bucks into 20 to 50 k within hours of chapter ........ This will happen with all this prefered stock in these list of this report....... Would you like to take a grand and turn it into 100k overnight? it so, then to buy stock in these companys now so you will have access to future changes in the company before the general public such as there symbols changing, you have to be a share holder before the chapter 11 begains and within that second of the change of the symbol in your alerts you can log on and turn buck into 300 within hours..... This will happen as it has always happened % of the time in all of history. thisa penny stock can make you millions from nothing if you use your minds. Good luck with the good news of the prefered stock going into chapter and rember chapter is a god sent blessing to the share holders and not a curse "

any truth in this? i thought chapter 11 meant loss of my shares?

Mentor
    12-13-2008, 06:36 PM #2
    It does mean the loss of your shares.

What he is saying is that if you own the stock, somehow you get an automatic alert that the ticker symbol is changing. (I guess if you have it set up through your broker). At that instant, no one else knows about the ticker change, so you have the opportunity to get in at the ground floor.

His statement is rediculous, as is the article itself. The guy obviously does not even spell check his work or he would have found multiple mistakes in the Sirius part alone. He also does not care to do his own research, misstating several items. There is not 1.1 billion in debt anymore, there is less than 1 billion. Feb. debt is no longer 300 million, it is 210 million. The guy doesnt research, but he can make the claim that the company will be out of business "perhaps before mid-year." Amazing.... Amazingly STUPID that is.

Guru
    12-13-2008, 08:11 PM #3
    so what if siri gets bought out by so and so company, what happens to my shares then?

Addict
    12-13-2008, 09:23 PM #4
    trippingthespeculatingpos..
    so what if siri gets bought out by so and so company, what happens to my shares then?

IMO...your shares are then worth what the new company offered to buyout the shareholders at a specific price per share... no more no less.

Enthusiast
    12-13-2008, 09:37 PM #5
    5 more days right guys ? for the shareholder's meeting. what happens at these meetings ? thanks

end of transmission

Mentor
    12-13-2008, 11:02 PM #6
    tripping: There are a couple of scenarios:

1) Sirius gets bought out in a cash transaction. This means your shares would get bought out at what ever price the buying company and the Sirius BOD agreed on.

2) Sirius gets boughtout in a stock transaction. That means that your shares would get transfered into the new company, at an agreed upon rate between the buying company and the Sirius BOD. Lets say the buying company was Apple, and they agree on an all stock transaction with a buyout equal to $1 per share. That would mean that at todays closing price, you would be getting a 700% premium to the closing price for Sirius, but you would have to trade 98.27 shares of Sirius for one share of Apple. If you own 1000 shares of Sirius, you would get basically 10 shares of Apple.

3) They can do a combination cash/stock deal. Then, it all depends on the structure of the deal as to how much cash and how many shares you get.

So there you have it... Even more confused now?

Enthusiast
    12-13-2008, 11:54 PM #7
    Newman !! ( seinfeld )

they're starting to say what businesses etc. will be affected on the trickle down process if the auto-loan doesn't happen. but they have yet to mention SiriusXm products , is this good or bad ? thanks

end of transmission

Guru
    12-14-2008, 01:07 AM #8
    heh, thx for the help, so many freakin possibilities, my god whats gonna happen!!! so exciting lol

Mentor
    12-14-2008, 03:55 AM #9
    Hey Greenland: Tyler just wrote an article on that the other day. I think that explains it pretty well.

Big Three Runnin On Empty

Enthusiast
    12-14-2008, 11:31 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Hey Greenland: Tyler just wrote an article on that the other day. I think that explains it pretty well.

Big Three Runnin On Empty
    thanks newman. and forgive me for being lazy , but you know more than i do , what other imports provide SiriusXm as an option other than BMW ?

end of transmission

Page 1 of 2 12