Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    12-13-2008, 03:54 PM #11
    I can't stand the random first time posters that jump on and blast a topic, I think its called "flaming". I'm not afraid of negative news or opinions and I have seen plenty around here that are informative so i don't believe the administrators delete anything that is informative in nature.

I however prefer a tidy house also. This is a good, well mantained site. Thanks for your efforts.

12-13-2008, 05:20 PM #12
    Tyler - I wasn't specifically directing this post at you. If you weren't the one deleting posts then don't take it personally. I think you do a great job with this site. Your articles are usually well thought out and thought provoking.

I personally come to this site to exchange opinions and thoughts with the other posters, most of which I consider my "online friends". It disturbs me however, when posts are deleted or removed. If I just wanted to find out about recent events related to Sirius there are plenty of other sites I could go to that provide this information. It's the interaction that is appealing to me.

I understand the desire to keep everything as clean and orderly as possible but again, and I know that I sound like a broken record here, deleting posts makes me not want to be part of the community here.

Friggin and others might not mind having their posts removed but I do. I find value in everyone's ideas/opinions, positive or negative, and related or not to the articles. They are all valuable.

Mentor
    12-13-2008, 06:30 PM #13
    As long as they are relating to the topic at hand, then there is no problem. If the post is something completely off topic and has nothing to do at all with the post, then it will be removed - or moved to somewhere more appropriate.

I can understand your frustration, but you also have to understand ours. When we have a great conversation going on about something like toilet bowl cleaners, and you come in talking about laundry detergant, it can become very distracting from the conversation - the conversation that OTHERS are having with THEIR "online friends".

Head Honcho
    12-13-2008, 07:21 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItStraight View Post
    It disturbs me however, when posts are deleted or removed.
    AGAIN, I went out of my way to personally email him to make sure his thoughts/work were not lost. I also encouraged him to repost his comments.

I understand the desire to keep everything as clean and orderly as possible but again, and I know that I sound like a broken record here, deleting posts makes me not want to be part of the community here.
    BYE!

Friggin and others might not mind having their posts removed but I do. I find value in everyone's ideas/opinions, positive or negative, and related or not to the articles. They are all valuable.
    So do we, that is why we do not censor anyone. His post nor anyone's have ever been removed because they were anti Sirius or personally anti me. Proof positive? This whole thread was not only allowed to live, but I have also gone out of my way to respond it.

As if that was not enough, I spent my entire day off rewriting the comment section of the articles so that we could have more on topic threaded commenting capabilities.

Like it or not, I get 10 emails complaining about off topic crap for every 1 email I get from people complaining about me removing off topic crap.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-13-2008, 07:47 PM #15
    Charles,

Thanks for your responses and good luck with your site.

BYE back.

GetItStraight

Head Honcho
    12-13-2008, 08:49 PM #16
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    12-13-2008, 09:34 PM #17
    what happened ?

fight ! fight !

lol !! ha ha hah ahhahha ha ! this is what happened on wheel of fortune yesterday- _ oun_ing
    _ _ _ _ _

the category was - what are you doing
    and this lady thought she knew it here. so she said " i like to solve pat , BOUNCING CHECK " ! ehhhhh, wrong. turned out to be " Counting Sheep "
    but after the other person solved it , Pat , while looking at the lady who answered wrong , " So quickly we learn about our contestants "

lol !

none of the above is relevant to this site , so i have to say something like , they're starting to give examples of who would be hurt if there is no auto-loan , BUT , i have yet to hear how this could effect SiriusXM as well. is that good or bad ? calling on Newman, SiriusHope, Apex, Pooldad , Slvery , etc , you know who are , info please. thanks

end of transmission

Head Honcho
    12-13-2008, 09:57 PM #18
    1. There is no fight here... what to fight about it?

2. The fist part of your post was totally relevant... the second part was not. You should go post the second part in its own thread.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-14-2008, 12:00 AM #19
    WAHHH. It looks to me like Charles went out of his way to do the right thing, what the hell could you possibly be upset about.

12-14-2008, 07:53 AM #20
    I hear where you're coming from Charles...but keep in mind, just because something is off topic, doesn't make it "CRAP"....and all posts - like conversations are organic and OFTEN go off topic the longer they last. So although I see your point, and agree that my one lone post in that instance was appropriate to move since it was not part of a "conversation"...you shouldn't delete all off topic posts for the reason I mention above. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to control an organic conversation.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 3 123