Enthusiast
    12-08-2008, 09:27 PM #1

Shareholder Meeting 12/18/08

Does anyone know if SiriusXM will stream this meeting via their investor relation site? I can't recall them making last year's meeting available via an online feed.

12-09-2008, 02:28 AM #2

Sirius does not want my subscription very bad!!!

True story...................

Bought a new Buick just over 3 months ago and you already know that I got 3 months of XM free. Well, its actually my wifes new car and I already have a sub with Sirius. So, 3 months pass and we are not notified! And, the radio turns off!!! Customer service, if there is one, must be just too busy to need new subs. As a stockholder I was mystified and called customer service to give them my two cents and then sign up. They said that I was probably mailed something and I never got it or threw it out. Well, if I did does someone want to bug the sh-t out me and get me signed up at all costs? I guess not! So, I thought well anyway I will sign up because its only $6.95 for a second sub. NO, its not.......I am sirius and my wifes car is XM. So we both have to pay the $12.95! So, pissed off as ever, I called New York and was transferred to a ladies voice mail. There I left my message and never ever got a call back. This sucks. I am out nearly $100,000 is losses from this venture that I thought was a sure thing. After this experience I almost hate to turn my radio on to Sirius. I think that the company has some serious problems that need to be corrected. I just hope somebody reads this damn posting and gets back to me with something!!!

Guru
    12-09-2008, 03:50 AM #3
    well rick i recently just bought a 2008 chevy and sirius contacted me on the phone and
    the mail, i was quite impressed with there customer service.

Addict
    12-09-2008, 10:52 AM #4
    anyone know how long after the shareholders meeting will we know the results?

Enthusiast
    12-09-2008, 11:33 AM #5

hey guys

so what happens at these shareholder meetings ?

Enthusiast
    12-09-2008, 12:07 PM #6
    woooo huuuu ! come on energy stocks ! al gore is talking to obama today , is that the reason ? or is it congress on energy independence ?

can you see SiriusXM becoming world wide someday. with countries , like our own , becoming melting pots due to business expansion , people would love the fact that they can listen to their very own , asian , italian , french , etc. music while conducting business elsewhere. i have too much time on my hands. i'm going riding , later.

Mentor
    12-09-2008, 01:55 PM #7
    Not any time soon Greenland, but had Sirius been in a better position, I could have seen them pick up some of the spectrum that WorldSpace had.

Of course, with their current constellation of satellites, they could not do much, so they would have to launch more... however, they could do Mexico and South America. They would just need to get the approval from the governments there. I could see that happening relatively painlessly.

Enthusiast
    12-09-2008, 08:01 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Not any time soon Greenland, but had Sirius been in a better position, I could have seen them pick up some of the spectrum that WorldSpace had.

Of course, with their current constellation of satellites, they could not do much, so they would have to launch more... however, they could do Mexico and South America. They would just need to get the approval from the governments there. I could see that happening relatively painlessly.
    thanks for the input , your are very informative with your messages , how long have you been trading.

Mentor
    12-09-2008, 08:35 PM #9
    In Sirius XM or in general? I have been trading Sirius XM (well, Sirius and XM seperately and combined) since 2003, before Stern and Mel were ever mentioned. All in all, I have been trading for around 10 years, so not too long, but I have taught myself how to read annual and quarterly reports. Still a lot I don't know (technical trading, options, debt markets, etc) but I am slowly teaching myself... the people on these boards help out a lot too.