Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    12-11-2008, 09:14 PM #1

Bad news at the shareholders meeting!!!

Is it wrong to assume Mel will be bearing bad news at the meeting on the 18th???

Don't you think if he had good news he would have already said it? Why would he hold off good news just for the shareholders meeting when the stock is doing so poorly???

Would he be trying to hold off to give all the small investors time to load up on shares so they can get rich??? "That question is more a joke than anything".

Thanks for your comments!!!

Long Sirius~~~

Addict
    12-11-2008, 09:30 PM #2
    The only bad news that I can see coming out of the meeting is that he lowers next year projections...again.

The R/S and the share dilution are already priced in.

No refinance ? It may be interpreted as bad news... or it may not.

In response to your question: YES load up, just not with SIRIUS...

Mentor
    12-12-2008, 07:04 AM #3
    I could see some lowering of expectations for 2009, especially with the car manufacturers doing much worse than expected: and coming amazingly close to Mel's "worst case scenario" example that he used when he was estimating 10 million cars to be produced in 2008.

Enthusiast
    12-12-2008, 10:16 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I could see some lowering of expectations for 2009, especially with the car manufacturers doing much worse than expected: and coming amazingly close to Mel's "worst case scenario" example that he used when he was estimating 10 million cars to be produced in 2008.
    I do not want to take the time to look it up. However, my recollection is that Mel's "worst case scenario" was 12 million cars, not 10 million.