Page 2 of 3 123
    Addict
    12-24-2008, 07:31 PM #11
    You all hate me already so wtf...

Mel should sell the company. Yes, either take it private or sell it to the highest bidder...

Guru
    12-24-2008, 08:06 PM #12
    i honestly dont know why you are a "siriusowner" and why do u think we all hate you?

Enthusiast
    12-24-2008, 11:26 PM #13
    Mel is going to sell the company, no doubt about it. I feel that's when longs will be rewarded.

Guru
    12-25-2008, 02:07 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by m4svt View Post
    need more inputtttttttt
    I am convinced that Sirius, with its new contracts, channels and all of that is well thought out. You can't offer programming like this and fail.

BUT, there is something that really smells. SIRIUS investors have sold themselves out! SIRIUS investors are killing themselves! I believe this, and there are a few shorters doing the damage on multiple transactions and laughing. The only way to recoup is to quit selling and HOLD! Maybe even buy.

The shorters can't live much longer...there isn't enough profit -vs- the risk. We are playing their game and selling. Quit selling and hold. You will see the shorters going away and we can make a gain. Let's play our game and not theirs.

Those are my thoughts........maybe not worth much, or technical, but common sense can reign.

Enthusiast
    12-25-2008, 03:40 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I am convinced that Sirius, with its new contracts, channels and all of that is well thought out. You can't offer programming like this and fail.

BUT, there is something that really smells. SIRIUS investors have sold themselves out! SIRIUS investors are killing themselves! I believe this, and there are a few shorters doing the damage on multiple transactions and laughing. The only way to recoup is to quit selling and HOLD! Maybe even buy.

The shorters can't live much longer...there isn't enough profit -vs- the risk. We are playing their game and selling. Quit selling and hold. You will see the shorters going away and we can make a gain. Let's play our game and not theirs.

Those are my thoughts........maybe not worth much, or technical, but common sense can reign.
    I can't wait for the short squeeze. If Mel takes care of the debt coming up next year we will fly out of these "bankruptcy" prices. It has happened before, could happen again.

12-25-2008, 07:27 PM #16
    Well said, Bill! The stock price for the poor guys that bought at a much higher rate has got to be gutwrenching, but if they haven't taken a loss by now and sold their stock off they are in for the duration. It's the people that were trying to make a quick buck that helped drive the stock even lower.

Go into your portfolio, click on SIRI and take a look at the bid indicator....people are buying large blocks of Sirius stock. To me, it says that there are a much larger group out there expecting SIRI to go up than just us few.

Bitching isn't going to help, hell, it can't go much lower....let's just shut up and ride it out
    Last edited by gilmore; 12-26-2008 at 02:02 AM.

12-26-2008, 10:21 AM #17
    Yes It CAN go much lower!

A "short squeeze" is NOT a guarantee!!

There are still MANY angles and possibilities yet to be played out. Hopefully, we'll have a better understanding by 3/1/09. That is the date Mel said the NEW debt restructure would be complete.

It's NOT just about 2009 debt!!! That is only the 1st step. The 2014 bonds MUST be refinanced into something better on the March 1st date too.

What ever is announced on or by March 1st will be what makes the stock move, and whatever it is, we'll be the last to know. By the time we get to our computers, the move will already be under way.

So, I've stopped adding to my position and put in a few 60 day limit trades just in case it's a quick move and I miss it. Now I'll sit back and watch.

Disclaimer:: LONG SIRI--25k shares avg @ .77

Enthusiast
    12-26-2008, 03:18 PM #18
    short squeeze isnt guaranteed, but with so many shorts if we have good news you will see the stock fly high.

Mentor
    12-27-2008, 01:30 AM #19
    Agreed, the 2014 debt must be dealt with. This debt is what is allowing the shorts to bend us over. I feel that Mel will get this taken care. As long as it removes the "lent shares" any refinancing will probably help the SP.

Mentor
    12-27-2008, 01:55 AM #20
    dealing with 2014 debt is important, but dealing with the 2009 debt is critical. we have another 5 years to deal with 2014, and will be producing a serious amount of cash bythen as well.

Page 2 of 3 123