Page 1 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    12-03-2008, 09:48 PM #1

everybody who complains about mel in here..

i'd like to know what you'd do differently. i was upset with his lack of moves in the past, while xm was doing deals with m$ and google last year, sirius did shit... i said he better be buying xm, and he fukcin did. i think hes doing a lot, cutting costs/jobs, consolidating getting extra revenue from advertisers now... i'd really like to hear what else should be done in your opinions. and let's get it right, i'm not a fan of dilution or an rs (altho, both beat bk).

Mentor
    12-03-2008, 09:59 PM #2
    I will point you towards my comment in Tyler's latest article.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    December 3rd, 2008 at 7:34 pm Newman Says:

Max, I beleive you should be offended. I do believe it was you that Mel was referring to when he mentioned “UNSOPHISTICATED INVESTORS.”

In regards to synergies, Mel stated that they would START TO REALIZE synergies from day one, he did not say “As soon as the papers are signed, we will have 7 billion dollars added to our bank account.” We HAVE started to see synergies. Just look at the Q3 CC. There are synergies on every line item.

You write: “Most investors, myself included, have been abused by Karmazin’s role as CEO. From outrageous bonuses to Stern on Day 366 of his Contract, to outrageous statements about Positive Free Cash Flow (always the next quarter) to the aforementioned caustic August financing”

Since you are apparently such a die hard Sirius investor, surely you are aware that those bonuses were written into Howard Stern’s contract, a contract which was MADE AND SIGNED before Mel was ever with Sirius, correct?
    What rediculous statements has Mel made about Free Cash Flow? Was it in 2005, when the company was FCF positive for Q4, as he said they would be? How about for the entire second half of 2006 when they were FCF positive? What statement exactly was it that Mel did not deliver on based on FCF?

As far as Mel’s compensation: I agree, it would be a huge boost of confidence if he were to come out and state that he would only take $1 for 2008 and 2009 as salary. But you know what? Regardless of the PPS, the COMPANY has done nothing but grow since he has been CEO. Subscribers are still growing in the double digit percentages, revenue is still growing, losses are narrowing, and costs are being cut. Other than the PPS, what grounds do you have to say that Mel has failed? Sure, financing was toxic, but the merger took forever to complete, and when it finally did happen, the credit markets were crap. Who is to say that Mel did not have financing lined up in December of 2007 that had to be cancled because the merger had not been completed? You do not know what goes on behind closed doors, and neither do I. But on WHAT GROUNDS do you have to say that Mel has failed, OTHER THAN THE PRICE PER SHARE?

Absolutely none.

Unsophisticated indeed…

12-03-2008, 11:35 PM #3
    1) I'd improve and unify the company's online presence--even if it's one site for both Sirius and XM as separate entities.

2) I'd announce a 3-year plan to completely unify Sirius and XM into one broadcaster with one type of radio.

3) I would simplify the pricing schemes.

4) I would develop new and better means of distributing content (better looking and performing radios, a better online player, develop mobile phone streaming.) As of now the content is good, but it's not particularly convenient to get it.

5) I would move the content toward being--sports, commercial free music, and Howard.

6) Lease-out available bandwidth for income until a use if found for it.

7) Find a way to work with Apple. The iphone w a sat antenna would be able to download high bit content media without wifi and would blow the competitors out of the water. It's just made for iTunes.

Enthusiast
    12-04-2008, 12:33 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    1) I'd improve and unify the company's online presence--even if it's one site for both Sirius and XM as separate entities.

2) I'd announce a 3-year plan to completely unify Sirius and XM into one broadcaster with one type of radio.

3) I would simplify the pricing schemes.

4) I would develop new and better means of distributing content (better looking and performing radios, a better online player, develop mobile phone streaming.) As of now the content is good, but it's not particularly convenient to get it.

5) I would move the content toward being--sports, commercial free music, and Howard.

6) Lease-out available bandwidth for income until a use if found for it.

7) Find a way to work with Apple. The iphone w a sat antenna would be able to download high bit content media without wifi and would blow the competitors out of the water. It's just made for iTunes.
    2) breaks FCC rules, they were only allowed to merge if they didn't disable any receiver for the lifetime use of that reciever (ex: if you bought a XM receiver the day before the merger signing Sirius couldn't shut down XM's beam and kill your new receiver

6) is required to by FCC rules for the merger but,they haven't figured out a rules set to lease out.

1 and 4 - Well when you couldn't start to even do things till August (DOJ Ruling) It takes a lot of time to develop a good looking flash web page for a company, develop code to run receivers and such

Right now they do have a duel site www.SiriusXM.com

7) Working with Apple is hell - Look at writing a program for a iphone -Well You can't duplicate iPhone features and you don't know untill AFTER you make the program.

Enthusiast
    12-04-2008, 01:25 AM #5

wth ?

can't we all just get along ? lol !

spend some money and buy more shares.

Enthusiast
    12-04-2008, 10:37 AM #6
    Rim is the answer???? Rim (I am guessing) is likely looking for an "edge" to combat the iPhone? They already have massive penetration so if Sirius could get into bed with them ... instant increase in opportunity?? Comments?

Enthusiast
    12-04-2008, 11:07 AM #7
    DRINK BEER---

HIT ON CHICKS--

GO HOME AND--

12-04-2008, 12:56 PM #8

Cool

I'm new to this forum and have learned alot from reading it. I appreciate all the knowlege that people seem to know on this. Well, I'm sure I speak for quite a lot of people, but I've lost a bunch of $ and am just looking to stay in for the long haul hoping that in the next 1-3 years we all can recoup what we've lost, if not make more. Just waiting on this major economic black cloud to float away sometime in the near future before things get worse...

Anyway, I like the last statement.

Guru
    12-04-2008, 01:00 PM #9
    I dont have a problem with mel, i trust howard when it comes to radio and howard trusts mel, so that means alot to me, plus i dont think he's done that bad of a job, they have positioned themselves well for future growth and they are one of the few companies that still has growing revenue at this period in time, which is an amazing feat that needs to be properly recognized by the stock price. here we go with the big 3 meetig, hopefully this boosts the price.

Enthusiast
    12-24-2008, 07:18 PM #10
    need more inputtttttttt

Page 1 of 3 123