Page 2 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 09:45 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaSue View Post
    Please offer some advice...just lost my hubby to cancer and I've got my hands full....I have told them I am not in a postion to and refuse to pay extra for what I already have paid for....got my boxing gloves on...really pissed about this whole situation.
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope there is something I can do to help. Based on what you wrote, are you having a problem with your equipment or the terms of your Sirius and XM subscriptions? If it's equipment, let me know what you have and maybe there's something we can work out. If it's your subs, then the best I can do is offer some advice. There may be a chance we can put sirius in your factory car which would only add an additional sub to your sirius account and take away the XM. This should knock down the expenses for your subs quite a bit. Another solution would be to go to an additional XM portable device and get rid of the sirius. You can add a "best of sirius" package to your unit and still get a lot of missed content that sirius has but XM does not. Let me know a little bit more about your situation here and maybe there is more I can do to help.

06-05-2009, 02:52 PM #12

Hi Matt..

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

My Sirius radio/boombox is working fine and I hardly use it (unless they have deactivated due to the 4 year rule per Jonelli!).

My issue is regarding subscriptions, of which I have both since before the merger and I am not up to date on the details of packages, etc. I do know that I am angry their merge requires additional costs if I want best of sirius on my XM.

I was excited about the merge until I realized their merge was meaningless to me, since I did not get Howard or any Sirius stations my car XM and vice versa home/portable Sirius unless I paid even more.

Also, not receiving any replies from emails and registered letters really makes me feel they don't give two craps about any of us.

Because I have been pre-occupied since the merger, I'm first checking into what that means as far as my service etc. With limited income and a so called "lifetime"...I feel cheated along with everyone else.

I'd be happy to explain more and appreciate any help...thanks. Gotta run for now...I'll check back...Thanks..

Rona

Enthusiast
    06-05-2009, 04:38 PM #13
    Since your lifetime sub probably doesn't have the Best Of Sirius (I take it that it didn't when you signed up for it) here is what I'd do if I were you, I'd get on the phone, and tell them your situation about your lifetime sub ,and ask them if you can add The Best of Sirius to that, if anything, it's worth a try, and if they cannot, just for having a Lifetime sub, maybe they can give you a discount on The Best Of Sirus, like $2.00 instead of the $4.00............

You need to consider THIS: your lifetime sub is tied to the radio you had when you signed up
    for that sub, if your current XM-radio isn't capable of getting the Best Of Sirus, you'll have to buy a new one, but, then they'll change you $75 transfer-fee, but if your old radio is broken, they may just only charge you the $15 activation fee...this all depends on just who you talk to, and if you get a good CSR on the line, you'll have to negotiate what you want, and that's up to you, how to go about this.............Good luck
    Last edited by denb45; 06-05-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 12