Page 14 of 14 ... 4121314
    Addict
    01-17-2009, 09:04 PM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    DEBT. I knew nothing of it prior to the stock tanking. I suppose when they planned to merge, they didn't foresee the collapse of the financial sector, so financing wasn't on the front burner. Not a lot of people did. Peter Schiff did, but I caught on to him too late too.

Google was how I found this place as well as seeking alpha. Between the various articles, l learned that the stock was being shorted because the street had no faith in Sirius refinancing their debt. Interestingly enough, I saw one citation noting that short selling is statistically significant in predicting the fate of the company - in other words, it's getting shorted for a real reason.

I like this message board. There are some "lively" exchanges.
    Well, since I joined and had my "lively exchanges" with several people on this forum I noticed the amount of members has gone up. Some had joined after 2 or more years of reading just to try to slap me and praise others... Some had "tested" the system, some did not even know how to create a post, etc... I am glad we are creating such a "buzz" lol...

01-17-2009, 09:38 PM #132
    Am now up to 9450. In spite of the naysayers I believe this company will survive and eventually prosper. Mel has been taking quite a bashing from quite a few people. I think he is trying to fix this with what tools he has at his disposal. He wasn't responsable for the footdragging in getting the merger approved, he wasn't responsable for the stock market crash and the massive stock selloff that resulted. What is killing this stock is all the G/D short sellers.

I agree that once we get past FEB, the stock will rebound some and maybe the shorts will start investing instead of killing us.

Guru
    01-17-2009, 10:52 PM #133
    Quote Originally Posted by gilmore View Post
    Am now up to 9450. In spite of the naysayers I believe this company will survive and eventually prosper. Mel has been taking quite a bashing from quite a few people. I think he is trying to fix this with what tools he has at his disposal. He wasn't responsable for the footdragging in getting the merger approved, he wasn't responsable for the stock market crash and the massive stock selloff that resulted. What is killing this stock is all the G/D short sellers.

I agree that once we get past FEB, the stock will rebound some and maybe the shorts will start investing instead of killing us.
    At this point, there is nothing left to short. So if SIRI can manage their debt without going belly up, then things should work out - if and only if subscription growth stays positive which is questionable in this environment.

As the name implies - long or bust for me. I'm all in.

01-17-2009, 11:40 PM #134
    20000 averaged at .1395.

Im also new to this forum. Sup all.

Page 14 of 14 ... 4121314