Page 5 of 8 ... 34567 ...
    Mentor
    12-02-2008, 11:01 PM #41
    Damien, was this not published LAST week? I went back and looked at the article, it sure doesnt say anything about being a republish, but... I could have sworn I read this last week, potentially the week before...

Mentor
    12-03-2008, 02:20 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Damien, was this not published LAST week? I went back and looked at the article, it sure doesnt say anything about being a republish, but... I could have sworn I read this last week, potentially the week before...
    Newman,

It was posted today and the comments under the article are all from today, although the author may have repeated some info from an earlier article - she does reference the interview with Jim Meyer from a few days ago....

Addict
    12-03-2008, 10:39 AM #43
    [QUOTE=Demian;7286]Siriusowner,

I've got some questions for you....

Hey, take it easy man, you seem to take this too damn personal.

You seem to be stressed out, I make a comment and you always seem to take it personal or think that I am attacking you (ok yeah, I've attacked you some times but I am a Jedi, if you know what I mean...)

This last time I only asked three questions and told I did not agree with your remarks on a single line and I posted my point of view (take a big breath and read the posting again... and again, what do you read ?) and you replied with a huge posting and I do not know how many questions saying that I am harsh and abrasive ? Wow... You could have just replied that I was wrong because... whatever, you know.

You want to know what I think each time... I think, poor guy...he's really got to be in deep trouble... Lost a lot of money ?

How many shares do you own, @ what cost ? Is that what's killing you ? Do not let that kill you, stress is bad, take a vacation...

Anyway, I will leave you alone, I do not want to be responsible for your death or a heart attack...SIRI is tanking at this moment by the way...
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 12-03-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Enthusiast
    12-03-2008, 11:02 AM #44
    LESS THIS MORE THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO DO THIS

DONT WORRY MON EVERYTING GONNA BE ALLRIGHT MON

Enthusiast
    12-03-2008, 11:06 AM #45

i hear ya apex !

cheers to ya mate

Addict
    12-03-2008, 11:11 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by APEXSPORTS View Post
    LESS THIS MORE THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO DO THIS

DONT WORRY MON EVERYTING GONNA BE ALLRIGHT MON
    Hey, Apex, lower case please, Demian may get upset...just kidding, just kidding...

SIRI still on its way down today...

Mentor
    12-03-2008, 11:34 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post

Hey, take it easy man, you seem to take this too damn personal.

You seem to be stressed out, I make a comment and you always seem to take it personal or think that I am attacking you (ok yeah, I've attacked you some times but I am a Jedi, if you know what I mean...)

This last time I only asked three questions and told I did not agree with your remarks on a single line and I posted my point of view (take a big breath and read the posting again... and again, what do you read ?) and you replied with a huge posting and I do not know how many questions saying that I am harsh and abrasive ? Wow... You could have just replied that I was wrong because... whatever, you know.

You want to know what I think each time... I think, poor guy...he's really got to be in deep trouble... Lost a lot of money ?

How many shares do you own, @ what cost ? Is that what's killing you ? Do not let that kill you, stress is bad, take a vacation...

Anyway, I will leave you alone, I do not want to be responsible for your death or a heart attack...SIRI is tanking at this moment by the way...
    #1 - That post was from 2 days ago....

#2 - You avoided every single one of my questions...

#3 - I have explained to you several times that I have no ill will towards you and I have tried to make peace with you - in that post from a couple days ago as well...

#4 - It is obvious to anyone that reads your posts that you are trying to mess with me...

#5 - Take what you say personal? That's like me taking all the BS that is said over on the Yahoo board personal - which I don't!

You are annoying me though. This board used to be a friendly, civil place until you showed up with your antagonism. I think I will take your advice and take a vacation from this board.

This will be my last post for awhile...

Good luck to all....

Demian

12-03-2008, 01:08 PM #48

Mel Speaks

http://www.reuters.com/article/Media...4B25HQ20081203

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) Chief Executive Mel Karmazin said on Wednesday he sees fourth-quarter revenues growing in the double digits in percentage terms and is confident the company can refinance debt due in 2009.

The satellite radio provider will also be able to boost revenues in 2009 and has no immediate plans to cut its subscription prices, even in the midst of the economic recession, he told the Reuters Media Summit in New York.

"We did exactly what we wanted to do for Black Friday, which is not great news because we didn't have high expectations," Karmazin said, referring to the Friday after Thanksgiving, which kicks off the holiday shopping season.

Sirius XM, created by the merger of Sirius and XM Satellite Radio, is the biggest U.S. satellite radio provider and one of the nation's biggest subscription services with about 18.9 million subscribers.

Its radios are sold in stores and installed in cars. Its growth is tied to the automobile industry, which is ailing and seeking a federal government bailout as the world financial crisis lingers.

The company also faces $1 billion in debt that matures in 2009. Karmazin said he is confident the company can refinance that debt.

He also ruled out any interest in selling Sirius XM in the near term.

"We don't feel that we need to be acquired," he said. "You should assume the company is not for sale."

(For summit blog: summitnotebook.reuters.com/)

(Visit blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/ for more coverage at the Reuters MediaFile blog)

(Reporting by Robert MacMillan and Franklin Paul; editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

Addict
    12-03-2008, 01:36 PM #49

Sirius XM's Worst Nightmare: CBS? (SIRI)

http://monitor.socialpicks.com/artic...tmare-CBS-SIRI

Sirius XM's Worst Nightmare: CBS? (SIRI)
    Dan Frommer | December 3, 2008 10:04 AM
    Satellite radio's biggest problem: Slowing subscriber growth, compounded by the freefalling auto industry, where most of Sirius XM's (SIRI) new customers come from, and fast-burning cash reserves. Another problem: Increasing, improving competition, such as Internet radio streams available via mobile phones.

One of Sirius's Internet radio foes is bulking up: CBS, where Sirius XM CEO Mel Karmazin used to work. CBS (CBS) is taking over Yahoo's (YHOO) Launchcast music service, the company announced today, and will re-launch it early next year.

MediaMemo: For CBS, this represents yet another bet the company has placed on digital music. The company already boasts 4.5 million monthly users for its Web radio offering, many of whom come from the AOL music service it powers. The Yahoo deal will add another 3 million users. That’s in addition to the audience that uses Last.fm, the Web music service it purchased for $280 million in 2007.

Via the Web, CBS's partnership with AOL (TWX) for its excellent Apple (AAPL) iPhone radio app, Last.fm, and other potential technologies, CBS is building an impressive Internet radio offering. It's not a huge, immediate threat to Sirius XM, which still has better, more developed technology and some exclusive programming, like Howard Stern. But it's something to keep an eye on.

Addict
    12-03-2008, 01:39 PM #50

Big Company Stocks Under $1 And Those Heading There (TMA)(FNM)(FRE)(SIRI)(LVLT)(ETFC)

http://monitor.socialpicks.com/artic...-F-C-S-NYT-MNI

Big Company Stocks Under $1 And Those Heading There (TMA)(FNM)(FRE)(SIRI)(LVLT)(ETFC)(F)(C)(S)(NYT)(MN I)
    Thornburg Mortgage (TMA) was just suspended from trading on the NYSE. Its price has been below $1 for too long. It trades at $.30. Extraordinary, because it 52-week high is $140.50.

Losses and fear of more losses have taken Fannie Mae (FNM) down to $.82. It traded as high as $40.45 a year ago. The situation is not much better at Freddie Mac (FRE). It sits at $.77 off its 52-week high of $37.18. Remember, these companies were the twin pillars of the US mortgage industry.

The number of important companies which have become penny stocks and the play things of day traders is remarkable, and probably says more about the market than the fact that the DJIA has dropped 40% in a year. Many of the firms trading under $1 were mainstays of their industries. And, some stocks which threaten to drop below the line are shares companies which are critical parts of the national economy.

Sirius XM (SIRI) was considered one of the premier new media and technology companies in the world. Its plan to get scores of channels into every car in America and allow people to listen uninterrupted coast-to-coast was as brilliant as it was simple. And, the technology worked well. But, as the credit markets were destroyed, so was the firm's ability to refinance its debt. The fall-off in car sales dealt it another blow. The shares change hands at $.18. The stock was at $3.89 a year ago.

Level 3 (LVLT) was an equally promising company. It has 50,000 miles of broadband backbone, perfect for sending data, video, and VoIP, all growing businesses. While the operation's prospects were promising, the firm's debt was not. Leverage cost the stock a lot of fans. It now trades at $.80 down from a 52-week high of $4.48.

Charter Communications (CHTR) is one of the country's largest cable companies. With the popularity of cable-based broadband, VoIP, and VOD its business should be doing well. The credit crisis killed Charter's chances to compete with phone companies and satellite TV. It trades at $.17 down from a 52-week high of $1.68.

------

The lesson that Wall St. can take from this is that a prolonged lack of access to credit and an ongoing banking and housing crisis could take shares in a number of other very well-known companies into the pennies which will make them candidates for delisting and wild price swings from day traders moving in and out of the shares.

Ford (F) has to be near the top of that list, if Congress does not act on behalf of the car companies. It traded at $1.01 about a month ago. It sits at $2.70 now A lack of financial support from the federal government would strengthen concern that Ford cannot borrow money or refinance its current debt load

Citigroup (C) has traded as low as $3.05. If the bank posts huge losses in the fourth quarter of this year and early into next, the government may have to force feed the firm more capital to keep it alive. Common shareholders could be left holding the bag as they were with AIG (AIG) which got as low as $1.25 after its deal with Washington. AIG could certainly drop below $1 as well, particularly if it has to go back to the well for more cash.

E*Trade's (ETFC) problems with its mortgage portfolio continue to raise questions about whether the company is a viable standalone candidate, despite the value of its discount brokerage arm. The stock has already been as low as $.79 and trades at $1.22. now. Another bad quarter is all it will take.

Sprint (S) has traded as low at $1.35. Investors are concerned that if the cellular service provider keep losing customers to Verizon Wireless (VZ)(VOD) and AT&T (T) that it could stay in the red for a very long time. The company's $22 billion in long-term debt is not doing it any good.

As odd as it may seem, The New York Times Company (NYT) could move below $1. It has been as low as $4.95. Stocks of other public newspaper companies, JRC and Gatehouse, are already below a dollar because of falling advertising revenue and high debt service costs. Shares of newspaper chain McClatchy (MNI) have been as low as $1.45 down from a 52-week high of $15.25. If NYT does not find a way to handle its own debt and cut costs at its regional papers, traders will sell the shares down the way that they have other newspaper stocks.

A deep recession coupled with a lack of availability of credit has pulled some large and well-known companies down. That process is not over.

Douglas A. McIntyre

Page 5 of 8 ... 34567 ...