Page 1 of 2 12
    11-29-2008, 04:39 PM #1

Confused: What has changed as a result of the merger

I was thinking of getting Sirius, mainly because of Stern. I also enjoy trance music but I understand that XM playED better and more trance, but not any more since the channe line-up changed.

So what has changed then? Do current XM and Sirius subscribers have COMPLETE access to all channels, including unique speciality channels that were unique to that subscription eg. Stern can now be heard on XM radio?

Enthusiast
    11-29-2008, 05:24 PM #2
    Right now other then most talk related programs (which is still separate unless its a best of selection (like stern) is all still like before but right now there saving a bunch by doing the audio the same.

11-29-2008, 05:43 PM #3
    I was just reading, there is some censorship going on Sirius/XM, mainly on the hip hop channels and XM "System" is gone, which was for true trance/progressive fans. "Area" is not very good and trance fans are moving elsewhere for their fix.

I also understand Sirius/XM is losing subscribers right now big time as a result of the changes.

Mentor
    11-29-2008, 07:44 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post

I also understand Sirius/XM is losing subscribers right now big time as a result of the changes.
    Where are you getting your information? How did you come to have that understanding? The company has flat out denied that and said it's a nonissue....

11-29-2008, 08:01 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Where are you getting your information? How did you come to have that understanding? The company has flat out denied that and said it's a nonissue....
    siriuslyscrewed.com

Mentor
    11-29-2008, 08:29 PM #6
    While I disagree strongly with what Sirius has done to the channel lineup, I don't see any information or evidence on that website that shows how many subs have or are planning to cancel.....

The company has stated that it's a very small number and a "non-issue"......

http://www.twice.com/article/CA66175...?desc=topstory

11-30-2008, 03:42 AM #7
    Haha. I guess we're reading two different blogs then. While there may not be sufficient evidence from the blog to stand up in court to support they're losing subscribers, no specific names were given other than the information is from SiriusXM Corporate. There is information in the blog to suggest that subscribers are leaving.

And just because Sirius publicly says to the media one thing, doesn't mean it's entirely true
    Last edited by Noob; 11-30-2008 at 03:48 AM.

01-06-2009, 05:15 PM #8
    I have been a subscriber since mid 2005 and since the merger I have noticed dramatic improvements in Customer Support (and they are sending out surveys that folks really should fill out afterwords!), the music libraries of each company are now combined into a massive entertainment powerhouse, they offer solid receivers like the Stiletto 2 and now they are selling the first Ala Carte Radio, the Sportster 5. The Premium Internet radio boasts the best sound quality when connected to good ear phones or a home a/v receiver with CD Quality bit rates and digital connections to the receivers. Not too mention some of the receivers allow you to save or Love a song your listening to and build it into your mp3 library.

Need a laugh during your lunch break at work? Stream Sirius from your PC. Flying cross-country? Listen to your Sirius Stiletto 100 or 2 and listen via Satellite Signal! Driving across the country? Never lose broadcast coverage of your favorite music and talk stations but most importantly, your news channels like CNN and Fox News! Using the treadmill at your local gym? Use the Internet Radio feature via WiFi on the portables to enjoy your favorite shows live.

The company also has one of the most passionate communities of subscribers out of most companies. Subscribers love discussing things about the music, talk and sports channels and Sirius XM executives actually read this feedback and listen to us! A great point would be the return of the Backspin and Strobe channels on the Sirius side of things.

The sky is the limit. The companies just merged and the economy is very shaky right now. The auto market issues are effecting Satellite Radio sales. But Sat. Rad. is here to stay and will continue to become a more common and practical form of subscription based entertainment.
    Last edited by SSF; 01-06-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Addict
    01-06-2009, 05:29 PM #9

Confused: What has changed as a result of the merger

SSF...I Think you said it all......Very nicely written...And I couldnt agree more!

01-07-2009, 01:40 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SSF View Post
    I have been a subscriber since mid 2005 and since the merger I have noticed dramatic improvements in Customer Support
    Perhaps you can elaborate on the dramatic improvements in Customer Support? Long waits and hold times, and disgruntled employees are some of the "recent" complaints made against Sirius/XM Customer Service. Besides, who wouldnt be disgruntled once you realize that you may be fired at any moment due to the merger?
    Last edited by Noob; 01-08-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12