Thread: Confused: What has changed as a result of the merger

Hybrid View

Confused: What has changed as a result of the merger

I was thinking of getting Sirius, mainly because of Stern. I also enjoy trance music but I understand that XM playED better and more trance, but not any more since the channe line-up changed.

So what has changed then? Do current XM and Sirius subscribers have COMPLETE access to all channels, including unique speciality channels that were unique to that subscription eg. Stern can now be heard on XM radio?

Enthusiast
    Right now other then most talk related programs (which is still separate unless its a best of selection (like stern) is all still like before but right now there saving a bunch by doing the audio the same.

I was just reading, there is some censorship going on Sirius/XM, mainly on the hip hop channels and XM "System" is gone, which was for true trance/progressive fans. "Area" is not very good and trance fans are moving elsewhere for their fix.

I also understand Sirius/XM is losing subscribers right now big time as a result of the changes.

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post

I also understand Sirius/XM is losing subscribers right now big time as a result of the changes.
    Where are you getting your information? How did you come to have that understanding? The company has flat out denied that and said it's a nonissue....

Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Where are you getting your information? How did you come to have that understanding? The company has flat out denied that and said it's a nonissue....
    siriuslyscrewed.com

Mentor
    While I disagree strongly with what Sirius has done to the channel lineup, I don't see any information or evidence on that website that shows how many subs have or are planning to cancel.....

The company has stated that it's a very small number and a "non-issue"......

http://www.twice.com/article/CA66175...?desc=topstory

7. Ad Fairy Senior Member