Addict
    11-29-2008, 10:49 AM #1

Who went to Best Buy and CC on Black Friday ?

I went to the Best Buy and CC close to home and I could not locate the SIRIUS stand. I saw XM Radio but not SIRIUS. Then I went to the Best Buy in the town 20 miles away and they had a SIRIUS stand together with a larger XM Radio stand. I also visited their circuit city store and they had a SIRIUS stand behind a pile of boxes. In both stores there was no one close to those stands, it looks to me they were relegated to a corner and no one was paying attention to those stands... I went at 10:00 & 11:00 am, after the doorbusters 'cause I figured, with the doorbusters gone, at least some people will start paying attention to other stuff... but that was not the case.

Perhaps today and tomorrow... plus they still have all the christmas shopping season ahead.

Who went to Best Buy and CC on black Friday ?

11-29-2008, 11:25 AM #2
    My local CC has the Sirius / XM floor displays front and center in the Audio corner of the store.

Enthusiast
    11-29-2008, 03:35 PM #3
    I went to best buy in columbus ohio and i couldnt find either sirius or xm.. Fuicking mel and the marketing team sucks!!!

Addict
    11-29-2008, 11:14 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I went to the Best Buy and CC close to home and I could not locate the SIRIUS stand. I saw XM Radio but not SIRIUS. Then I went to the Best Buy in the town 20 miles away and they had a SIRIUS stand together with a larger XM Radio stand. I also visited their circuit city store and they had a SIRIUS stand behind a pile of boxes. In both stores there was no one close to those stands, it looks to me they were relegated to a corner and no one was paying attention to those stands... I went at 10:00 & 11:00 am, after the doorbusters 'cause I figured, with the doorbusters gone, at least some people will start paying attention to other stuff... but that was not the case.

Perhaps today and tomorrow... plus they still have all the christmas shopping season ahead.

Who went to Best Buy and CC on black Friday ?
    My Best Buy had a similar issue.

The GPS were front and center, but it took me about 5 minutes to find satellite radio. It turned out they had a nice setup, but it was buried behind what looked like a makeshift work area cordoned off with crates of merchandise and other inventory.

When I asked the person in the area, he said they would open it up at 2:00. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it almost seemed they were intentially keeping it hidden for the initial rush on black friday. Did the NAB lay out $ to best buy to try to keep it out of sight cut down on sales on the first day. I wouldn't put it past them.

There seems like something really f'd up going on right now. I'll go back tomorrow and advise what I see.

Anybody else ?

Mentor
    11-30-2008, 12:09 AM #5
    My friend went to the Best Buy in San Jose, CA and reported that they had a display with both XM and Sirius displayed together in front of the car audio section with brochures that had the new "best of" programming listed. The new XMP3 was in stock and displayed back in the car audio department. I think it should also be displayed next to the iPods...

Addict
    11-30-2008, 04:31 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    My friend went to the Best Buy in San Jose, CA and reported that they had a display with both XM and Sirius displayed together in front of the car audio section with brochures that had the new "best of" programming listed. The new XMP3 was in stock and displayed back in the car audio department. I think it should also be displayed next to the iPods...

I guess it will take a few more days to get all stores setup properly - hope the Best Buy in West LA unbury their displays.

11-30-2008, 09:42 PM #7
    Ditto, was on vacation north of Clearwater, Florida -- stopped by of a Best Buy at about 8pm on Friday -- they had a combined XM/Sirius standalone display in the isleway by the GPS section -- leading to the mall entrance. Plenty of product available and handouts pushing the "Best of" programming.

I snapped a couple photos on my phone and attached them to this post. Looked okay in this store.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    11-30-2008, 10:54 PM #8
    Thanks Homer!!

I am going to check out my local Best Buy tomorrow. I was hoping for somthing bigger, but it beats what we have been seeing.

Mentor
    12-02-2008, 02:24 AM #9
    Here are some photos of the new Best Buy XM brochure.....