Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: The market bear or bull?

  1. #11
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Do you even know what a bear market is ? By your statement above everyone doubts it.

    The definition of a bear market is that the market drops at least 20% of its highs. Like APEX says, we are 50% down.

    We just had a rally within a bear market and it does not mean we are off the bear market. Besides this rally is what is called a "sucker rally"... Investigate what a "sucker rally" is before you reply to this post...

    If you like to attend conferences and read like you said before, you should attend a "how to trade stocks" conference or read a book about trading. Just because you invested in Sirius does not make you savvy about trading...
    Your rudeness and hostility is uncalled for. There is no reason for your repeated abrasive outbursts on this board. It is Thanksgiving for gosh sakes! This board had been a friendly and civil place to discuss SIRI and the market until you showed up with your childish bully behavior. We have been trying to help one another on this board. It is Ok to have different views and opinions without your abrasive personal attacks...

    Of course I know what a "bear market" and a "sucker rally" is. Just because I think the bear market might be over and that a reversal might be underway and you are so CERTAIN that this is just another sucker rally, doesn't mean that you need to be so rude and abrasive. Are you aware that many "suckers" get caught short at the end of bear markets when they think that the reversal into a bull market is just another "sucker rally"? You were saying that SIRI "needed" to go to .10 when it was at .14 and telling people not to buy and that it was "pointing down" even after it had reversed. SIRI is up like 25% since then. You gave me a really hard time for having a different view than you. It's ok to have different views and your rudeness is unwelcome here.....
    Last edited by Demian; 11-27-2008 at 09:52 PM.

  2. #12
    APEXSPORTS is offline
    Enthusiast
    APEXSPORTS's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Location: cambridge,ohio Posts: 214
    HANG LOOSE MAN..YOU GOTA GIVE RESPECT TO GET RESPECT.. PEACE TO ALL..

  3. #13
    nisvan is offline

    why 20% increase on Black Friday in stock price?

    Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of Siri rising around 20% on Black Friday (at least, by 12 EST)?
    That's an uprecedented change for most any stock;
    there must be some specific reason I figure.
    Thanks for any thoughts.

  4. #14
    Celyros is offline
    Junior Member
    Celyros's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: South Dakota Posts: 4

    hmm... uncertainty?

    Must be a culmination of a positive week and Black Friday.

  5. #15
    APEXSPORTS is offline
    Enthusiast
    APEXSPORTS's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Location: cambridge,ohio Posts: 214
    I thnk we are trading with the gm/f bailout and we are shaking out some shorts, probably will keep run thru next teu,wed... i just hope we hold after all news is out and done.. peace

  6. #16
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Your rudeness and hostility is uncalled for. There is no reason for your repeated abrasive outbursts on this board. It is Thanksgiving for gosh sakes! This board had been a friendly and civil place to discuss SIRI and the market until you showed up with your childish bully behavior. We have been trying to help one another on this board. It is Ok to have different views and opinions without your abrasive personal attacks...

    Of course I know what a "bear market" and a "sucker rally" is. Just because I think the bear market might be over and that a reversal might be underway and you are so CERTAIN that this is just another sucker rally, doesn't mean that you need to be so rude and abrasive. Are you aware that many "suckers" get caught short at the end of bear markets when they think that the reversal into a bull market is just another "sucker rally"? You were saying that SIRI "needed" to go to .10 when it was at .14 and telling people not to buy and that it was "pointing down" even after it had reversed. SIRI is up like 25% since then. You gave me a really hard time for having a different view than you. It's ok to have different views and your rudeness is unwelcome here.....

    Don't come crying, are you sure I am the only one being rude ? There's hundreths of postings here and the only ones you attack are mine. Besides, I never START attacking your postings by saying "I doubt what you say", I just post the opposite point of view. It is not my fault that SIRIUS is in such a bad situation...

    Why don't you have doubts about APEX when he says exactly what I said, before and after my posting, how about NEWMAN's or even SIRIUSBUZZ's, uh ?

    And do not say I am being rude, you just felt it more harsh this time because I posted the thruth more clearly than before...

    By the way, when I was saying not to buy, I was right. I still say not to buy, if you buy right now you are a gambler, not an investor and probably not even a trader... And that goes for every stock out there, not just SIRI... I have 11 years of experience trading, since 1997 and I lived thru the dot.com crash and survived, why do you think is that ?
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 11-29-2008 at 10:35 AM.

  7. #17
    Jworld is offline
    Member
    Jworld's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 78
    All i can say is that i appreciate everyone's work and posts here but when or if it gets to $.32 cents a share, im outta here and i'll make sure the door doesn't hit me in the ass............

  8. #18
    jmm232 is offline
    Banned
    jmm232's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 206
    Siriusowner,

    You sound like an cautious investor. Now is a good time for investors to start looking at stocks and maybe start buying some stocks again. With the volatility, it is a trader's dream, so I very much disagree with the notion that traders aren't in this market.

    It all depends on your risk tolerance and investment timelines. If you are an older investor, you would sit on the sidelines until the market has clearly turned. My timelines are a bit longer, so I am buying now with a long term outlook. Many many stocks are severely underalued.

    Either way, good luck with your investments.

  9. #19
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Don't come crying, are you sure I am the only one being rude ? There's hundreths of postings here and the only ones you attack are mine. Besides, I never START attacking your postings by saying "I doubt what you say", I just post the opposite point of view.
    I assure you that I am not crying...

    I don't have a problem with you posting your points of view in relation to the market and SIRI, but I do have a problem with your rudeness, abrasive tone, and personal attacks. It's ok to have different points of view - and those points of view can be discussed in a friendly, respectful, and civil way. I have tried to extend peace to you, but you continue being rude and abrasive. By the way, you misquoted me - I said that the market had been up for 4 straight days and I didn't say, "I doubt what you say." I specifically stated that it was your statement that we were still in a bear market that I wasn't so sure about. It wasn't a personal attack and I didn't say that I doubted everything you say. Like I have said, it is not your point of view in regards to SIRI and the market that I have a problem with - it is your rudeness and personal attacks that I have a problem with. I haven't had any problem with anyone else on this board. This has been a really friendly place to discuss SIRI and the market, and I have preferred it by far to the insanity of the Yahoo board....

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    It is not my fault that SIRIUS is in such a bad situation...
    Huh? I never stated or insinuated that you had any affect on the current state of Sirius - whether it be positive or negative. It is up 50% from it's recent lows - where you were saying that it was a terrible investment and that it needed to go to 10 cents. It has been a good trade and investment thus far for anyone who bought down at the recent lows - so it hasn't been a bad situation for them...

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Why don't you have doubts about APEX when he says exactly what I said, before and after my posting, how about NEWMAN's or even SIRIUSBUZZ's, uh ?
    I don't have a problem with any of those people that you mentioned, because they have always been respectful and civil. I have disagreed with things that Tyler, Charles, and others have said, but things have always been discussed in a civil and friendly way. Different points of view are important and valued...

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    And do not say I am being rude, you just felt it more harsh this time because I posted the thruth more clearly than before...
    None of this has anything to do with my feelings - so no, I have not "felt it more harsh this time."


    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    By the way, when I was saying not to buy, I was right. I still say not to buy, if you buy right now you are a gambler, not an investor and probably not even a trader... And that goes for every stock out there, not just SIRI... I have 11 years of experience trading, since 1997 and I lived thru the dot.com crash and survived, why do you think is that ?
    Congratulations for surviving the dot.com crash, but history doesn't always repeat itself in the same way. You say that you have "posted the truth more clearly than before" - well the truth is that SIRI is up about 50% from where you were saying that it was a bad trade/investment and not to buy - and you still say that you were right? You were saying that it "needed" to go to 10 cents and using the fact that a single trade went through in AH as part of your reasoning. You were saying not to buy the whole way up 50% off the lows and you still say that you were right? You were also arguing for bankruptcy without even having studied the CC yet. I disagreed with you and then you attacked me. You said that I was using a "new definition" of a good investment, but the last time I checked a 50% return makes it a good trade and a good investment thus far. It isn't about where SIRI and the market have been - it's about where they are going....

    At what point will you say that SIRI is a good investment or a good trade and it's time to buy? When it's up 100%, 200%, or 300%.....??? There is always risk in the market, but there certainly is less risk buying at .14 than at $4.00, isn't there? SIRI is down over 95% for the year! Your screen name is "Siriusowner" - do you even own SIRI? If you do own SIRI, why do you still hold it if you think it is such a bad trade/investment and that it needs to go to 10 cents? You said that it's not a good time to buy or trade "every stock out there" and that if you did, you are a gambler - does this mean you have no trades or positions in the market?

    I make no absolute predictions. I don't know what SIRI is going to trade like in the next few days or months etc. - I can only make educated guesses. My educated guess told me that SIRI and the market as a whole have been way oversold and the catalyst of a Sirius financing announcement, that could happen suddenly at anytime, makes it way too risky to short down at this level (I bought more). I don't want to miss the rocket fuel from that announcement....

    I repeat what I have told you before - that I have no ill will towards you. Your opinions are valued - but not the abrasive personal attacks. I apologize for anything I may have said that offended you - that is not my intention. I would like there to be peace. Can't we all just get along? I don't want this board turning into the insanity of the Yahoo board.....

    Peace out....

    Demian
    Last edited by Demian; 11-29-2008 at 09:27 PM.

  10. #20
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    [QUOTE=Demian;7222]

    I will not reply to all your posting. Its too long. However I will reply to this:

    At what point will you say that SIRI is a good investment or a good trade and it's time to buy? When it's up 100%, 200%, or 300%.....??? There is always risk in the market, but there certainly is less risk buying at .14 than at $4.00, isn't there? SIRI is down over 95% for the year! Your screen name is "Siriusowner" - do you even own SIRI? If you do own SIRI, why do you still hold it if you think it is such a bad trade/investment and that it needs to go to 10 cents? You said that it's not a good time to buy or trade "every stock out there" and that if you did, you are a gambler - does this mean you have no trades or positions in the market?

    1.- SIRI will become a good investment the day it makes money to its shareholders (And I am not saying the ones that bought a .14 because most of the people here are not swing trading).

    2.- If Sirius is/was .14 is for a reason. SIRIUS has underperformed the DOW, NASDAQ composite, S&P500 and every single index out there. It has lost 95% of its value for crying out loud... Going from .14 to .20 is not a big deal, getting to $4.00 will be.

    3.- I've addressed the question of ownership several times. I am not going to here again.

    4.- .10 is/was a psycological support, like .14 became for APEX, remember ? He prayed for it not to go below the .14. This is the stock market, everything is psycological, everything is about greed and fear...

    5.- This is a bad trade. I am holding to it because I have unrealized gains in the options market that I do not want to realize this year for tax purposes.

    6.- As an investor I buy only when there's an uptrend and I buy during dips and retracements... Therefore, yes I have open positions in the market (SIRI is one of them) as of today BUT I have not been adding since July and yes they have lost value BUT I am not averaging down...YET. I never buy on a downtrend.

    As a trader (day or swing), I buy or sell based on several technical indicators like MACD, RSI, MA's, etc... And no I do not have open positions as of today. It would be dumb to leave trading positions open for the weekend.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •