Page 1 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    11-27-2008, 12:59 AM #1

The market bear or bull?

I hear everyday since last friday..the bottom is in , its a rally, we are going up time to be bullish... we are up 1100 pt on dow on light trading volume

Im sorry but everyone a week ago was saying the world will end.. major depression, 2-3 year resesion, deflation spiral?? now 4 trading days later we are to be bullish? WTF..

we have a simple bear rally/dead cat bounce and trading 101 (thats me) says we need to retest the lows 1300-1350 in naz or 7500 in dow and then trade above were we are at today.. fibronichi retracment we are right were we should be..

my feelings after listening to all the propaganda is that we are sitting infront of black friday were everyone says it will be bad every economic # that comes out is negative,jobs,margins,forcasts etc. and now we have russia and opec trying to jack up oil again

so my 2 cents for anyone that invests is step back think before you jump in. im not sold and I can see us trading down the next 3 trading days back to 1350 rabge and people are going to get hurt..

for the record.. I sold half of sirius xm shares(15000) today at .17 I needed to lock in some loses for taxes and I will by them back at 13-14 range in a week or two.. I also shorted 2000 shares of the qld at 26.75 today as I say the market is going to go down and retest lows before we are in a trur recovery

WAR//STEELERS OVER PATS,SIRUS XM MAKING US SOME MONEY AND EATING TURKEY AND PASSING OUT ABOUT 3:00.. HAPPY TURKEY DAY PEACE

Banned
    11-27-2008, 02:15 AM #2
    IMO, we continue to trade up/sideways any day Obama speaks. His appointments are inspiring confidence in the markets. I expect Black Friday numbers to be weaker than last year, but stronger than expected. People have saved money the past few months to spend it on the holidays. I expect weaker holiday sales are seen post-Christmas. This drives the market 10-15% lower. Once Obama takes office, the recovery will begin. He is not "the savior", but hope is a powerful thing. Keep people looking forward, rather than metrics that show how weak the economy was.

IMO, if you are looking to get into the market, you should be buying in 1/3s. Buy 1/3 now. 1/3 in January. 1/3 in February/March. IMO, this will be in the rearview mirror by April-May.

11-27-2008, 03:17 AM #3
    Apex,
    You have to wait 30 days before you buy back shares in order to claim a tax loss on your original position.

Addict
    11-27-2008, 10:54 AM #4
    We are on a bear market. No doubt about it.

Mentor
    11-27-2008, 11:04 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    We are on a bear market. No doubt about it.
    The market has been up for 4 straight days in a row so I do doubt your statement...

Enthusiast
    11-27-2008, 12:05 PM #6
    Yes we are in a bear market!! we are down 50% from highs in july..

we trade up 4 days on light volume thats a bear rally wich gets people crushed who dont understand the market ..thats why I posted my original post as a caution sign..

and thnks about the 30 days for taxes your right.. peace

Enthusiast
    11-27-2008, 12:20 PM #7
    We are in a media driven global decline led by CNBC and the manipulators they put on TV. Think about this....5% of mortgages were not being paid. 95% of mortgages are being paid. CNBC has scared the hell out of investors. They started in June of 2007 using the terminology daily about the "R" word. This was a domino affect caused by CNBC. Call me crazy but prove me wrong. CNBC is pure evil. Just like the media's election of Obama. The media controls the country.

Addict
    11-27-2008, 12:51 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    The market has been up for 4 straight days in a row so I do doubt your statement...
    Do you even know what a bear market is ? By your statement above everyone doubts it.

The definition of a bear market is that the market drops at least 20% of its highs. Like APEX says, we are 50% down.

We just had a rally within a bear market and it does not mean we are off the bear market. Besides this rally is what is called a "sucker rally"... Investigate what a "sucker rally" is before you reply to this post...

If you like to attend conferences and read like you said before, you should attend a "how to trade stocks" conference or read a book about trading. Just because you invested in Sirius does not make you savvy about trading...
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 11-27-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-27-2008, 06:59 PM #9
    ITS THANKSGIVING AND THE FOOTBALL GAMES SUCK..

asia is up erope is up.. our futures are down but we will see.. black friday will be interesting..

Mentor
    11-27-2008, 09:08 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Just because you invested in Sirius does not make you savvy about trading...
    Are you sure about that? I thought if I was invested in Siri that it automatically made me a savvy trader. Are you absolutely sure about that? Wow, to think all of this time I thought I was a savvy trader JUST BECAUSE I WAS INVESTED IN SIRI.....
    Last edited by Demian; 11-27-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123