Page 2 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    11-26-2008, 10:52 AM #11
    I think Stern goes into psuedo retirement. They'll keep his channels, continue replays of old content, perhaps keep some of the team around for live shows... and then there will be an occasional special with Howard live.

Even if he leaves, I don't see 25% of the subscriber base cancelling.

Enthusiast
    11-26-2008, 10:56 AM #12

two more days !

the outcome of Friday will determine which way this stock will go. if just a little , tiny little bit, were to sell , it might shed new light for lenders , no ? therefore showing this product is in demand and then maybe open some doors with the banks to refinance. i don't know what i'm talking about , please help. come on Mel ! at least get out there and talk about your company , that's all i ask , show some effort for your company . then if it goes , we can at least say you tried.

end of transmission

Addict
    11-26-2008, 11:35 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Sat radio is most profitable as a sports network and commercial free music sevice--let everyone else go and focus on that. A lot of young people dont even know who Howard stern is now....
    I agree.

I have never heard a single show by that guy. I do not even know why all the buzz about him. I do know that everyone is replaceable and no one is indispensable. If he decides to retire after his contract is up, then good for him, I am not cancelling satradio because he quits.

I subscribed to satellite radio for the business news, commercial free music and because of some of the long trips I take. And I discovered some other stuff in there that I find useful, like the stock ticker... and if they later provide GPS and some other stuff (from what I have read here and in other websites there are other things they are working on that seem quite attractive) then it will be better.

Again, this company is badly managed and in financial distress BUT it has great potential. IF, AND ONLY IF, they come around bad management then it will be a homerun.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 11-26-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Guru
    11-26-2008, 11:38 AM #14
    The man is not going anywhere he is addicted to fame like a crack head is addicted to crack. As for him going to terrestrial forget it, he said he would never go back and far be it for him to be wrong, for the same reason he is addicted to fame, he has got a fat head. By the way, I believe it is more like 2.8 million that SIRI and he agree on that he is responsible for subscribing to SIRI before the best of both.

Siriusowner, 2.8 million is still 336 million a year well worth the price paid. Not to mention the advertising revenue Stern gets that most others dont. Also you not caring about Stern just means you are part of the 6 million SIRI subscribers that dont. You are not part of the 2.8 million that do and once again those are considerd hard core fans that mainly are there because of Stern. There would be a big loss if he left, how big is the question.
    Last edited by john; 11-26-2008 at 11:47 AM.

11-26-2008, 02:28 PM #15
    I wish Stern went to XM in the beginning. None of us would be stuck in this POS stock

Enthusiast
    11-26-2008, 06:08 PM #16
    His contract isn't up for two years and people are worried about what if.
    There are too many other things to worry about instead of Stern.
    Give me a break.

Head Honcho
    11-26-2008, 06:15 PM #17
    It is certainly something to think about if you are looking at SIRI as a long term investment. You would be an ass not to.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    11-26-2008, 06:37 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dnay1969 View Post
    I wish Stern went to XM in the beginning. None of us would be stuck in this POS stock
    I agree that SIRI would have been toast a long time ago without Stern and the programming of the other channels would be much better now with the XM philosophy. I don't think the NFL would have kept them afloat....

IMHO the biggest mistake that SIRI has made recently is the firing of the XM programmers and on air talent. There was a reason that XM always had more subscribers than Sirius - even without Stern and the NFL. They should have fired more people on the Sirius side and kept the XM talent and programming philosophy which clearly appealed to more people. They should have gotten rid of the expensive New York operations and moved everything to the less expensive XM location in the Washington DC ghetto. There was no way that Sirius could have competed with XM without Stern and the NFL...

Enthusiast
    11-26-2008, 06:57 PM #19
    Though not a listener of Howard Stern, I feel that he contributed a lot to the growth of Sirius. Had XM hired Howard Stern instead of Sirius, it would have been game over in XMs favor a long time ago.

XM's having more subscribers than Sirius has more to do with starting the service sooner and better automobile brands than better music. XM had Toyota (oem), Honda, Hyundai and GM. Sirius had Chrysler, Ford and VW, I think. When the merger was announced the thing I was most positive about was XMs automobile contracts.

Howard added two million (maybe 2.8 million, but I think there is some ego stroking in that number) subscibers at a critical time. Even at 2 Million Howard Stern pays for himself and I would like to see him continue as long as he is a net positive.
    Last edited by James; 11-26-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-28-2008, 11:22 AM #20

lol i called it !

Quote Originally Posted by Greenland View Post
    the outcome of Friday will determine which way this stock will go. if just a little , tiny little bit, were to sell , it might shed new light for lenders , no ? therefore showing this product is in demand and then maybe open some doors with the banks to refinance. i don't know what i'm talking about , please help. come on Mel ! at least get out there and talk about your company , that's all i ask , show some effort for your company . then if it goes , we can at least say you tried.

end of transmission
    ha hah ah ah ah ah hahhha ! not much , but positive life is always good

Page 2 of 3 123