Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    11-22-2008, 11:34 PM #1

What has this company done right since the merger?

Question…

What has this company done right since it announced intentions to merge?

Your answer is?

Head Honcho
    11-23-2008, 12:25 AM #2
    Let me think... they secured the siriusxm.com domain name... that's it, I'm out.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    11-23-2008, 01:27 AM #3

yep

what he said

end of transmission

Mentor
    11-23-2008, 06:49 AM #4
    Charles, you only say that because you are a website designer.

They have significantly cut costs and started realizing merger synergies.
    They have merged music channels (yes, it pissed off some, but majority wont even notice.)
    And... and... and... Q3 was not bad at all. We will have to see what goes down from here, but remember: IT HAS ONLY BEEN 3 AND A HALF MONTHS. Hard to do a ton of stuff in a short time frame...

Head Honcho
    11-23-2008, 11:04 PM #5
    I am actually an information architect and user interface designer. That being said, I said what I said because that is all I feel they have done right so far. I'm not allowed to have an opinion? The point of my post was to point out how little they have no done, not get geeky about IT bullshit.

BTW, I don't feel like I agree with any of your point above as successes.

We don't know if they have effectively cut costs, we just know they have cut costs. To say that has been a success at this point is hard to know.

I don't think the channel merge was handled nearly as well as it could have.

I don't consider Q3 results a success.... if they were, we would not be at .15 per share.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    11-23-2008, 11:32 PM #6

yup !

what he said again......how can we possibly be encouraged with this stock at .15. anybody seen Mel ?

Addict
    11-24-2008, 06:32 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am actually an information architect and user interface designer. That being said, I said what I said because that is all I feel they have done right so far. I'm not allowed to have an opinion? The point of my post was to point out how little they have no done, not get geeky about IT bullshit.

BTW, I don't feel like I agree with any of your point above as successes.

We don't know if they have effectively cut costs, we just know they have cut costs. To say that has been a success at this point is hard to know.

I don't think the channel merge was handled nearly as well as it could have.

I don't consider Q3 results a success.... if they were, we would not be at .15 per share.

I agree. There is nothing in the Q3 results to let anyone be sure it was a success.

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 07:42 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I agree. There is nothing in the Q3 results to let anyone be sure it was a success.

Have you read or listened to the Q3 conference call yet? The last time you were talking about how Sirius was going to go bankrupt, you hadn't read it yet - and it had been out for several days already...

Originally Posted by Siriusowner
    I was out shooting clay when they had the conference call. There are certain things in life you just can not delay, and shooting clay was one of them.
    Originally Posted by Siriusowner
    I do not follow the market as a whole.
    I guess you don't follow the market either. I think it might help your knowledge as an investor to follow the market and the quarterly conference calls of the companies you are invested in or shorting.....
    Last edited by Demian; 11-24-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Addict
    11-24-2008, 09:55 PM #9
    I agreed with Siriusbuzz... wait a minute, isn't he the founder of this website ?

Mentor
    11-25-2008, 02:58 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I agreed with Siriusbuzz... wait a minute, isn't he the founder of this website ?
    I didn't say that I disagreed with Siriusbuzz - I asked you if you had read or listened to the Q3 CC yet......
    Last edited by Demian; 11-25-2008 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12