Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 11/24/08

  1. #21
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Are you still saying that "this stock is a loser"? That would be incorrect. Well, you are correct in that "the numbers speak for themselves." SIRI is up over 14% today. SIRI is not a loser today.

    Just because a stock has been a loser in the past, doesn't mean it will be a loser now or in the future.

    Past performance is not indicative of future performance and you "needing" it to go to 10 cents didn't make it go there today....
    One day up... how many days down ? Sorry, I lost the count...

  2. #22
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    One day up... how many days down ? Sorry, I lost the count...
    Now and the future is what matters. You can talk about the past all you want, but past performance is not indicative of future performance. Just because a stock went down in the past doesn't mean that it will always be that way.....

  3. #23
    Gnarkillz is offline
    Member
    Gnarkillz's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Syracuse, NY Posts: 34

    iPhone Starplayr

    Read the comments section... Hopefully this leads to some new subs.

    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/11/21/launc...r-coming-soon/

  4. #24
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Now and the future is what matters. You can talk about the past all you want, but past performance is not indicative of future performance. Just because a stock went down in the past doesn't mean that it will always be that way.....
    "Past performance is not indicative of future performance"
    Is this something you just recently discovered ? Of course I know that.
    However, past performance is used by most financial advisors to predict future returns, this is why that line is used as a FINE PRINT.

  5. #25
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    "Past performance is not indicative of future performance"
    Is this something you just recently discovered ?
    No, I did not just recently discover that phrase.

    I say that because you have been giving reasons why SIRI should go down that are based on it's past performance. You talk about how many days it HAS been down and how it hit .09 in AH so it "needs" to got to 10 cents etc..

    Well, you "needing" it to go to 10 cents and it's past performance of going down didn't stop it from closing up over 14%........

    Investors should not focus on past performance, but rather what the future performance will be...
    Last edited by Demian; 11-24-2008 at 06:30 PM.

  6. #26
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    No, I did not just recently discover that phrase.

    I say that because you have been giving reasons why SIRI should go down that are based on it's past performance. You talk about how many days it HAS been down and how it hit .09 in AH so it "needs" to got to 10 cents etc..

    Well, you "needing" it to go to 10 cents and it's past performance of going down didn't stop it from closing up over 14%........

    Investors should not focus on past performance, but rather what the future performance will be...
    On a good market day even bad stocks get a lift.

  7. #27
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    On a good market day even bad stocks get a lift.
    Did the market close up over 14% today like SIRI did?

  8. #28
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Did the market close up over 14% today like SIRI did?
    I do not follow the market as a whole.
    I know the NASDAQ Composite did not close up 14% but if you are going to compare today (the past already), why not compare last week, month, quarter, year... whatever...

  9. #29
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I do not follow the market as a whole.
    I know the NASDAQ Composite did not close up 14% but if you are going to compare today (the past already), why not compare last week, month, quarter, year... whatever...
    So SIRI outperformed the market today.

    You can compare how SIRI performed in relation to the broader market in the past if you want, but I am focused on today and the future, because that's all that matters now.

    It was you that brought up the market as the reason for SIRI being up today, but you say that you don't follow the market. Maybe you should follow the market as you just said that the market as a whole affects individual stocks....

    Originally Posted by Siriusowner
    On a good market day even bad stocks get a lift.
    Individual stocks make up the market too......
    Last edited by Demian; 11-24-2008 at 07:45 PM.

  10. #30
    APEXSPORTS is offline
    Enthusiast
    APEXSPORTS's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Location: cambridge,ohio Posts: 214









    WAR STEELERS BEATING PATS,SHORTING QLD IN A.M. TO 22 AND SIRIUS TO .20

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •