Page 1 of 3 123
    11-14-2008, 01:45 AM #1

Censored music!?!

I don't think I can accurately describe my level of disappointment with the censoring of Hip Hop Nation. I'm sure this is no big deal to most, but if I wanted to hear edited rap I would buy it from Wal-Mart and listen to terrestrial radio. Next to Stern that was my favorite channel, not anymore. Hearing songs with blanked out words completely ruins the listening experience. They have made a horrible programming choice that is probably going to cause many canceled subscriptions. What's next, are they going to add commercials?

Enthusiast
    11-14-2008, 10:46 AM #2
    Been lurking around the forums for a while, but really never posted. I figured its about time to start making some contributions to the forum. Anyway, I was driving home from work last night and had Octane on. American Badass by Kid Rock was on and it wasn't censored. I didn't notice any songs censored on Hip Hop Nation until right now. They are playing Juicy by Biggie and it IS censored. This is extremely disappointing. I'm already angry about Backspin being eliminated and now we have to deal with censorship, the reason some of us left terrestrial radio in the first place.

11-14-2008, 12:35 PM #3

See Other Post on Same Subject

I wrote about this on a seperate thread. Last night I heard some songs that were edited and some that were not.

I would be extremely pissed on the entire music library on Hip Hop Nation was censored.

My only thought was that maybe XM and Sirius combined their playlist and XM had some edited songs. Didn't XM use to have a censored rap channel? I remember listening to a rap channel on an airplane once that was edited. It was horrible and made me dislike that XM experience.

Daniel

11-14-2008, 01:13 PM #4
    Please call and complain, and don't stop until this gets resolved.

I was told they are trying to get the kinks worked out on hip-hop nation and that it would soon be uncensored. However, I'm calling 2 or 3 times a day until this is fixed.

At a minimum I want the best parts of back spin incorporated into hip-hop nation.

11-14-2008, 05:57 PM #5
    While I have not experienced the censorship on hip hop nation, I do agree that cutting out the artist words is completely wrong especially when you are paying for a radio service. If Sirius XM continues to make decisions like this, they will lose me and some other subs. I personally am paying for an experience that is different than AM/FM radio. I am extremely dissapointed with this recent news.

11-14-2008, 07:55 PM #6
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new to the forum, but I just got off the phone with SiriusXM. I was calling to complain about the censored music on, not only Hip-Hop Nation, but The Heat (formerly Hot Jamz) as well. The representative I spoke to immediately said I was not the only person calling in to complain. He made it seem like they were being innundated with subscribers calling in and complaining about the new channel lineup, including the fact they've switched to censored music. He made it clear that as of now the channel lineup/ programming is here to stay, but he also made it seem like if they continue to get such negative feedback they'll have no choice but to make some changes. ALSO, he did say they did some "research" and they found that nearly 90% of their subscribers have children and didn't want their children hearing the uncensored music. ALSO, he made clear the censored music came from XM and before the merger Sirius had no plans to offer censored music across their music platform, except for a few channels such as Hits 1. I suggest we just keep calling and writing and yes, even cancelling our subscriptions until they get themselves together.

11-14-2008, 10:36 PM #7
    Please call and complain to management.... I can't believe they are doing this to us..... call and complain.... this is so terrible .... cancel your subscriptions now .... I can't believe that my kids can't here impromptu descriptions of full frontal head on sex and wrap singers telling them to kill the Ho cuz she's so stupid, and maybe we should rise up and just kill the man cuz he don't understand, and shoot the bitch whose just to ****ing rich, and isn't listening to what I'm saying... I don't know why they're censoring my music, I think it sucks... man

11-14-2008, 10:38 PM #8
    Are you guys kidding me......................

Enthusiast
    11-15-2008, 12:00 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Are you guys kidding me......................

If you don't want your kids to hear it, block the channel.

Mentor
    11-15-2008, 05:57 PM #10
    Cos, as much as I have always agreed with you on many issues and respect your opinion, I have to agree with Hughes on this one.

They do have an option to block Extreme Language channels and get a rebate for those channels that you are no longer listening to.

My favorite channel on the Dial is Uncensored comedy. Do you realize what comedy would be like with every profane word cut out? It would be like watching the Jerry Springer show on daytime TV. Makes it completely unlistenable. The same probably holds true for hiphop and rap.

If you dont like it, change the channel or get it blocked and get money back for the channel. Or would you prefer the FCC to start regulating SatRad too?

Page 1 of 3 123