Thread: StarPlayr for iPhone

Hybrid View

Banned

StarPlayr for iPhone

http://forums.geekstoolbox.com/showt...t=3323&page=11

The application seems to be in a hold status. I think we should try and contact Sirius in order to push approval of this application forward (if possible). Release of this app will open us up in another market besides auto. It will help reduce churn and possibly increase subs.

Email Sirius and inquire about the app.

Banned
    My letter to Sirius

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To: 'customercare@sirius-radio.com'; 'genfeedback@sirius-radio.com'; 'investorrelations@siriusradio.com'; 'nonmgmtdirectors@sirius-radio.com'; 'sbowman@siriusradio.com'; 'sresendez@siriusradio.com'; 'afitzpatrick@siriusradio.com'; 'nkhairzada@siriusradio.com'; 'pblalock@siriusradio.com'; 'hstevens@siriusradio.com'; 'preilly@siriusradio.com'

I am a subscriber and investor in this company. I am also aware of an application called StarPlayr by GeeksToolbox which was developed for the iPhone in order to stream Sirius XM internet radio. I would really like to emphasize that this official approval of this application should be Sirius’s top priority right now.

This application opens Sirius to a major new market for subscribers. I personally have an iPhone and would greatly desire this or another application for the iPhone. I am currently unable to get service at my work location with either the online service or via wifi. There are no terrestrial repeaters near my location, so my Stiletto is only usable as an MP3 player for part of my day. Having that live content again would be great. Sirius offers a great product, and I would love to be able to get it for more than a car ride.

The application would need to prevent multiple users with the same online name. Perhaps limit to 2 online users at a time under the same name. This would prevent piracy of the signal.
    This application would further help to reduce churn.
    More importantly, it will open up Sirius content to another medium. Apple is riddled with stale content. Pandora has an application for iPhone that is performing very well. Pandora however does not offer Howard Stern, Martha Stewart, Enimem, O&A, NFL, NHL, NBA,…… you get the idea. Limiting your product to the flailing auto market is very short sighted.

As an investor and subscriber, I would like to request that an application for the iPhone is released immediately.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Banned
    Please write a letter to the above people and emphasize that they need to get this application out ASAP.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Please write a letter to the above people and emphasize that they need to get this application out ASAP.

you could realize apple could be the one holding this up, since Apple is the one who has to APPROVE all applications on the iPhone

Banned
    Then I suggest we write Apple too.
    Look, this will only help them sell songs. StarPlayr allows you to purchase the song from iTunes through the player. Seeing that they also have Pandora, I do not think music sales are what they are worried about.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Then I suggest we write Apple too.
    Look, this will only help them sell songs. StarPlayr allows you to purchase the song from iTunes through the player. Seeing that they also have Pandora, I do not think music sales are what they are worried about.
    There's the thing Apple has such obscure rules on making a program on the iphone even if its done and turned in, they could ban it for being too close to a iPhone feature as it is. Look at what happened to an Gmail Program and a Podcast program while they just accepted an email program on the phone today

Mentor
    Wrote an email to the two main people in charge of the StarPlayr app. They basically said "No Comment". No information from them. Perhaps Apple is the next target for questions...

Banned
    Thanks Newman. There is certainly something keeping this train in the station. The players have to be:

1. Developers - No
    2. Apple
    3. AT&T
    4. Sirius

I happened to talk to one developer about an unrelated app at the time and he was upfront and said it's going to get approval, they're just exactly sure when. He did give a time frame. It turned out he was right on the ball and a few weeks later, the app was approved.

My take is that if the developer wont say anything, that's not a good thing. Forget about getting anything from Apple.

Mentor
    I did email apple regarding the application. As expected, no respose yet.

AT&T cant/wont do anything. They have no control over Apple's business. Maybe I will try Sirius, but since they have virtually nothing to do with the App... who knows.

11. Ad Fairy Senior Member