Page 1 of 2 12
    11-21-2008, 09:24 PM #1

"Thanks" Washington Post

I've posted a few links to articles in the mass media that have been negative towards Sirius XM. To be clear I am long SIRI. I think it is important, however, to make others here aware of what MILLIONS of readers get from such "stalwart" publications at the Washington Post. Far be it for me to suggest to the Post editors that they do some true investigative journalism and get to the bottom on--and report on--how SIRI has been driven to its current level.

Washington Post Blogs, DC, 11/20/08: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fas...ts_to_avo.html

Mentor
    11-22-2008, 04:13 PM #2
    Well, Im sure glad he was not just name dropping and was able to come up with some cold hard facts about.... oh wait, he said absolutely nothing but "dont buy these things because I said so!!!" What a great peice of reporting that is. Bravo! [/sarcasm]

11-22-2008, 06:43 PM #3
    Newman, I'm with you. But an important point--very important--is that such articles and major publications get reat by MILLIONS of readers, read that PROSPECTIVE SUBSCRIBERS and perhaps IMPRESSIONABLE SUBSCRIBERS that may be disuaded from subscribing or renewing subscriptions. Every negative article that gets published in the main stream press, or broadcast on major radio stations, or aired on broadcast, cable, and satellite TV hurts Sirius XM's prospects. I encouage Mel to require a media blitz to counter the negativity in the media. He NEEDS to get his CFO to work with his PR machine to develop targeted messages and press releases that go beyond hyping products and services. The MESSAGE being received by MILLIONS of people is that Sirius XM is a loser--not just the stock alone but the company itself. I'm not saying this, the mass media is printing and broadcasting it, probably with some help from our friends at the NAB and their HUGE, HUGE network of terrestrial radio stations.

Mentor
    11-23-2008, 06:56 AM #4
    PMO: I agree with you. I am a die-hard long, and even I have been starting to get nervous about the stock because you hear nothing but negativity from every potential angle, and the only ones writing positive things about the company is.... Siriusbuzz? WTF?

Addict
    11-23-2008, 12:22 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    PMO: I agree with you. I am a die-hard long, and even I have been starting to get nervous about the stock because you hear nothing but negativity from every potential angle, and the only ones writing positive things about the company is.... Siriusbuzz? WTF?
    The guy from the Washington Post is right about one thing: "Dumb business decisions made by Sirius management". I still I would not base my recommendations on "what gadgets not buy this holiday season" based ONLY on that. He IS a dumb human being for basing his recommendations only on "because I said so". I hope the Washington Post fires him for being so dumb (in the oil patch we do not think twice when someone needs to be fired).
    Any intelligent being would base his decision on what to buy based on the gadget itself (what it has to offer, the benefits, the price, the quality, etc...) and not necessarly the company that makes or sells the gadget, although I would not buy anything at CC this season if I can avoid it.

... But then again, not everyone is intelligent, right ?

i.e: My brother operates a robot for an oil company by remote control. People have quit the job because they are afraid of the robot and people have quit because they are afraid of the remote control. Heck, people have not applied for the job because they get afraid when they hear they will be operating a robot by remote control (and I am talking about engineers and scientists !!!).

What would you expect of the masses ? The masses are easly influenced, so, if all they hear is negativity about Sirius, what do you think will happen ?

This is why I have been so negative in this forum. The future for the company looks ... not good. I would not be so upbeat like Mel and you guys.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 11-23-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 01:26 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    He IS a dumb human being for basing his recommendations only on "because I said so".

... But then again, not everyone is intelligent, right ?

The future for the company looks ... not good. I would not be so upbeat like Mel and you guys.
    I would like to remind people to be intelligent and to take Siriusowners advice to watch out for those "dumb human beings" that offer recommendations and advice based on "because I said so"......

Addict
    11-24-2008, 03:18 PM #7
    And remember, "the only diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits".......

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 03:58 PM #8
    And remember, "the only diference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits".......
    And remember that, "just because someone thinks that they are a genius doesn't mean that they actually are..."

Addict
    11-24-2008, 05:06 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    And remember that, "just because someone thinks that they are a genius doesn't mean that they actually are..."
    ...Be careful with a loaded gun, you may end up shooting yourself in the foot.

Mentor
    11-24-2008, 05:38 PM #10
    ...Be careful with a loaded gun, you may end up shooting yourself in the foot.
    No worries, because I don't have any guns nor do I play with them.....I think they are dangerous.

I study conference calls instead of shooting clay. I think it's a safer and better use of my time.....

Page 1 of 2 12