11-21-2008, 09:14 PM #1

Best Buy...what a joke

Went to my local Best Buy today to check out the XMP3. After spending a little time finding the pathetic display, I couldn't locate one of the units. None on display so I asked the sales person about it. He'd never heard of it. I asked him some questions about the merger, play lists, etc. and he knew nothing except that they had merged! I asked about "best of" and once again....nothing. The flyers were old as well. Where are the new channel line ups? NOTHING.

After he left, I poked around for awhile and what do you know....I found three XMP3s in boxes down on the shelf. None on display!! The fricken guy who is supposed to be selling them didnt even know what it was! What the hell.....I made sure to track him down and let him know that he did in fact have the unit and told him a little about it. Not real interested. I said I would like to see one on display and he responded that they would probably get one out in the next couple weeks. What the.......

I walked away even more concerned about my 70,000 shares at a cost basis of $2 or so. All in my 401k. I guess I'll be working till 70.

Head Honcho
    11-22-2008, 12:41 AM #2
    To be fair... those guys at Best Buy are hit or miss about everything, not just satellite radio. One kid was trying to give me advice about a flat screen TV so I asked him the difference between 1080i and 1080p and he couldn't answer.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    11-22-2008, 01:16 AM #3
    Charles...
    does siriusxm offer help to retailers to educate salesforce?

11-22-2008, 01:37 AM #4
    I dont know if they offer education or not......but crap, the XMP3 should be out there with the ipods not back in the corner with the car radios! Seriously, the XMP3 "cool factor" is up there with the ipod. (okay, close) The only way people will see it is if they go in looking for it specifically or shopping for a new deck for their car. Also, why no information on the new channels or best of?? I just dont get it. Its like no effort is being made to market at all. SiriusXM should no longer be marketed just for the car. It Worries me. I have a heck of a lot to lose. I sent a note to investor relations reiterating my disgust with this. Doubt it will go anywhere. Thanks for letting me vent.

Head Honcho
    11-22-2008, 04:14 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    Charles...
    does siriusxm offer help to retailers to educate salesforce?
    I have no idea if any company educates those salesforces. I would assume it would be on the employee to get educated so, they can more effectively do their job. That being said, no one takes pride in what they do anymore. If I bagged groceries for a living, I would be the best friggin bagger you have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    the XMP3 should be out there with the ipods not back in the corner with the car radios!.
    I am willing to bet that Apple pays big money for that real estate and those shrine-like in store displays. That being said, I totally agree with you. If Sirius XM had a marketing department like Apple, we would not be sitting at .15 per share.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    11-22-2008, 05:19 PM #6
    The new XMP3 needs to be at the forefront of any holiday retail push! It is amazing technology! I hope they can figure out a way to get the word out about how cool it is. It should be displayed alongside the other MP3 players....

12-06-2008, 01:26 AM #7
    The sales clerk at my local Best Buy advised me that buying XM was better deal than Sirius because XM has most of the sports while Sirius only has David Letterman