Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: SIRI is not going bankrupt any time soon...

  1. #21
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by demonotaku View Post
    Newman 1
    Siriusowner 0
    See, this is not a competition, if the damn company declares BK we all loose and as of yesterday nobody had proved that it was not going to happen.

    All those wishes they mentioned in the original post do not mean anything, they are just that, wishes.

    Now, I missed the conference call but someone told me that the company was burning 40 mil a month (which now I know I probably heard 40 but it was 14). THAT was a major concern because a soon as they run out of cash and they can't refinance or raise any more cash (which by the way, with the price of the damn stock, they will have to issue billions more of shares, not just 4.5 bil), is BK time,

    Understood ? Hopefully you did because it looks to me that you are playing a game which you don't understand....

  2. #22
    Hughes is offline
    Enthusiast
    Hughes's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 168
    Dare to dream kid, Dare to dream. That shareholder meeting will sure be interesting...

  3. #23
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    That's not even including the FCF from Q4 or the possible Loral and MLB escrow $$$ - and what about the fact that they will be able get at least some kind of financing for at least some of it if they needed to?
    Can't you all guys see that the credit environment is very difficult ?

    Lehman declared Bankrupcy !!! Circuit City declared BK also !!! Mervyns went the chapter 7 way because the lack of credit !!! Linens&Things also went chapter 7 for the same reason!!! Not chapter 11, CHAPTER 7 !!! GM, Ford, Chrysler are in the brink of collapse !!! WAMU, Merril Lynch, ETC, ETC .... Do you want me to keep going ?

    They needed some leverage and now Newman explained that they do have the cash to cover the debt due in FEB with the cash they have on hand.

    Forget about potential credit (again those are "ifs"), they will have to weather the storm with with what they have available: 360 Million in cash and the 4.5 Billion shares they plan to get approved.

  4. #24
    imromo24 is offline
    Guru
    imromo24's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Steeler Town, MI Posts: 2,524
    Great, lots of denied credit means more for us...

  5. #25
    Siriusowner is offline
    Addict
    Siriusowner's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: The Oil Patch, Texas Posts: 922
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Great, lots of denied credit means more for us...
    True. And honestly, I think they will just have to weather the debt coming up in FEB.

    By the time the rest is due, the economy will be in better shape and credits will be more readily available. With all that liquidity the governments have injected into the system, I definetly don't doubt we will be in better shape.

  6. #26
    Greenland is offline
    Enthusiast
    Greenland's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Location: nation's capitol Posts: 119

    hey guys

    You think Mel will go for a Super Bowl commercial? Of course out of his own pocket. 60 seconds of the most watched event in the U.S. could go a long way in 2009 no ?

    But then again he would have to hire an outside advertising agency , no way would the Sirius marketing department could do it , they've done nothing ever since I've known satellite radio.

    your thoughts

  7. #27
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    See, this is not a competition, if the damn company declares BK we all loose and as of yesterday nobody had proved that it was not going to happen.

    All those wishes they mentioned in the original post do not mean anything, they are just that, wishes.

    Now, I missed the conference call but someone told me that the company was burning 40 mil a month (which now I know I probably heard 40 but it was 14). THAT was a major concern because a soon as they run out of cash and they can't refinance or raise any more cash (which by the way, with the price of the damn stock, they will have to issue billions more of shares, not just 4.5 bil), is BK time,

    Understood ? Hopefully you did because it looks to me that you are playing a game which you don't understand....
    Siriusowner,

    It sounds to me like other people "understand" the game more than you...

    At least others have studied the conference call - you say that you "missed" it. You throw numbers out there of which you are unsure - there is a big difference between 14 and 40 million. Don't be talking about BK without doing a little homework first. At least go over the conference call first.....

    There IS a big difference between wishes and facts.......and clueless ramblings too.

  8. #28
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Can't you all guys see that the credit environment is very difficult ?

    Lehman declared Bankrupcy !!! Circuit City declared BK also !!! Mervyns went the chapter 7 way because the lack of credit !!! Linens&Things also went chapter 7 for the same reason!!! Not chapter 11, CHAPTER 7 !!! GM, Ford, Chrysler are in the brink of collapse !!! WAMU, Merril Lynch, ETC, ETC .... Do you want me to keep going ?
    Siriusowner,

    There is a big difference between Sirius/XM and those companies. SIRI just reported double digit growth. Last time I checked Sirius didn't have any mortgage backed securities or credit default swaps on it's balance sheet either. You know that Sirius wasn't in the sub prime lending market, right?

    CC and Mervyns are horrible retailers and deserve to fail......

    When is the last time you bought anything at Linens&Things? Scrap booking isn't as big as it used to be I guess. Have you ever even been in a Linens&Things? That store sucks....

    You talk about the big 3 going bankrupt. First, the government would never let that happen. Second, Sirius/XM has contracts with EVERY car company! If people don't buy GM cars - they will buy from someone else.....

  9. #29
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    Children Children... now now. SiriusOwner was mistaken about something, I straightened it out, and he understands now.

    Everything is beautiful again.

    SiriusOwner, if you are interested in the conference call, you can still listen to it at the Sirius Investor website (investor.sirius.com) or click on the link in my post above for the press release which has a large majority of the numbers in there. I would definately give it a listen, because it is actually one of the more upbeat CCs that I have heard in a long time.

    Demian: About the Big 3 going bankrupt: I would not be so sure the government is going to step in, at least not in time or in the way that most people are thinking. It may end up being another case where the government steps in, but takes ownership and posetion and the shareholders get screwed. You know what happens when government takes hold of things? Not that good of a scenario...

  10. #30
    Demian is offline
    Mentor
    Demian's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Children Children... now now.

    But mommy, he started it!

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •