Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    02-02-2009, 11:01 AM #1

GMC, Buick, Cadillac still offering XM.

I was at the GMC/Cadillac dealer over the weekend, I am buying a 2009 Diesel 3500HD 4x4 quad cab pick up for a business, and at the showroom I discovered that they have an XM radio stand and Sirius is not mentioned anywhere. The salespeople did not even know that Sirius had acquired XM.

Will XM Radio continue offering satellite radio or will it be shut down ? Not that I care really... 'cause that Radio will be disconnected at the end of the 3 months trial unless the driver wants to pay for it.

I am just curious.

Enthusiast
    02-02-2009, 11:05 AM #2
    Report the dealership to SiriusXM. Let them know that the street knows nothing about sat radio. This is one of SiriusXM's biggest problem. It almost appears that SiriusXM does not give a shit.

Enthusiast
    02-02-2009, 11:13 AM #3
    Further, there are only about 12-14 million individual sat subscribers. Don't be fooled by the 20 million sub numbers. There 6-8 million multiple subs. SiriusXM does an extremely poor job of selling itself. There is a reason why, they want to BK and reorganize.

Mentor
    02-02-2009, 11:17 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Further, there are only about 12-14 million individual sat subscribers. Don't be fooled by the 20 million sub numbers. There 6-8 million multiple subs. SiriusXM does an extremely poor job of selling itself. There is a reason why, they want to BK and reorganize.
    Do you have any proof to back up any of this? Any links?

Addict
    02-02-2009, 11:41 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Report the dealership to SiriusXM. Let them know that the street knows nothing about sat radio. This is one of SiriusXM's biggest problem. It almost appears that SiriusXM does not give a shit.
    I agree, it seems to me that Sirius don't give a shit. The radio stands at the retailers are abandoned, outdated stands at the car dealers, car dealer salespeople don't give a shit about sat radio, marketing... what marketing ???etc ...

Mentor
    02-02-2009, 11:42 AM #6
    XM will not cease to exist in the near future. The XM and Sirius platforms will coexist together for many years to come.....
    Last edited by Newman; 02-02-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Guru
    02-02-2009, 11:49 AM #7
    RIGHT ANSWER DEMIAN,why do you think xm is going anywhere? if it does im screwed and they might lose a sub for awhile while i wait to buy a new siri radio. Wouldnt make sense till they have current subs with interoperable radio's

Mentor
    02-02-2009, 11:55 AM #8
    It's ridiculous to think that the company would discontinue service to all of those legacy radios.....

Enthusiast
    02-02-2009, 01:40 PM #9

in huge dealership on Friday

I had my car in the service shop of a very large, well huge,
    multidealer facility on Friday. I was there from
    10 till 4, and spent much of the day going from
    showroom to service shop to showroom (of all
    the different brands - honda acura cadillac mercedes
    hyundai jeep chrysler, toyota). The service shop had a
    large ceiling hung "XM" banner up. Some dealers
    had Sirius up only. Others had XM only, and a
    few others had SiriusXM. Many cars had, hung on
    the rear view mirror, a satellite radio explanation card
    or other satrad marketing flyer.

Here's my point: I don't think the average consumer gives
    a crap. To them, satellite radio is satellite radio; all that matters
    I believe to the ave. consumer is that it is out there and it is available! to them, it's just one of those thingamajiggers, sirius, xm, xmsirius,
    siriusxm - I really don't they think they care to know which! and I really
    don't think the dealerships care either (and I think they're
    confused, too, as to which dealership is supposed to offer what).

02-02-2009, 03:53 PM #10
    I would also agree that there is a lot of market confusion. I have to believe that right now SiriusXM is conserving as much cash as possible until the debt maturities are taken care of and once they are, we will see a huge influx of activity from the company. (ie. national advertising campaigns, point-of-purchase marketing materials, etc.)

What I am personally waiting for is advertising to the college demo. As a student, all I see are those white earbuds and I dont get it. Why would you pay $1/song through Apple when you can save an unlimited amount of songs for free with your S50 or XPM3 plus get the benefit of music discovery ??

Page 1 of 2 12