Page 2 of 3 123
    11-19-2008, 08:34 PM #11

Handwriting on the wall?

There appear to be some professional traders frequenting this board; however, most of us are small timers. I certainly am. It's important to get information about SIRI and Sirius XM from multiple sources, not just from this board or other blogs. I do. I follow the threads but also try to keep up with news organizations' coverage of the stock.

Yesteday I posted about a CNN Money article that covered securities in or going into the penny stock bin. The article's author, a CNN Money editor-at-large, said that he would focus on Sirius XM today, and he did ... and his piece is not encouraging to say the least--but still is important to understand. Here's the link:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/19/mark...buzz/index.htm

Certainly some on SiriusBuzz may take exception to elements of the article, and that's fine, but the picture it paints is the one we are standing in front of. I'm down 84% now and still holding (having plowed only discretionary funds into this speculative play). I wonder what the actuals will be in Q4 and what outcomes there will be from the upcoming shareholders' meeting. I keep holding because February and the near-term debt payment matter have not come and gone. Mel may have an Ace to play that he will not reveal until a most critical point, which now is pennies away.

On a lighter note, imagine the closing share price today without the NASDAQ listing extension....
    Last edited by PMO; 11-19-2008 at 08:38 PM.

11-19-2008, 08:50 PM #12

"Satellite Radio Is Dead" says Datamation writer

Datamation writer Mike Elgan today laid out why SatRad's demise is on the horizon. Read his article at the link below and, before replying to this post, reply directly to Elgan. The webpage containing his article has a reply feature.

Long SIRI and not loving it.

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/fea...io+Is+Dead.htm

Mentor
    11-19-2008, 09:08 PM #13
    The guy doesn't have his facts straight. He says that 300 million is due in Feb '09 - it is 210 million....

Would you trust someone's analysis that can't get basic facts straight? Also, his theory about cell phones being a competitor to satrad is flawed. It is an asset because you can stream Sirus/XM on them...
    Last edited by Demian; 11-19-2008 at 09:11 PM.

11-19-2008, 09:36 PM #14

Reply for the cause

Demian, if you open the article you can click on CNN Money author Paul R. La Monica's name to send him an email and straighten him out. You can send feedback to Michael Elgan if you are referring to his Datamation article. To send feedback to Elgan use the following link:

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/fee...io+Is+Dead.htm

What's important is to do so--let the media know when the doom and gloom information they publish is less so.

FWIW. --PMO
    Last edited by PMO; 11-19-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Addict
    11-19-2008, 11:05 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PMO View Post
    Datamation writer Mike Elgan today laid out why SatRad's demise is on the horizon. Read his article at the link below and, before replying to this post, reply directly to Elgan. The webpage containing his article has a reply feature.

Long SIRI and not loving it.

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/fea...io+Is+Dead.htm

I have serious doubts Sirius can survive the downturn but this guy is listing the wrong reasons. Yeah, he mentions the 300 million debt wich is part of the picture but all the others are not reasons why the company will not survive.

To begin with, terrestrial radio sucks and if you commute and/or travel, Satellite radio is king. Last time I took a trip I had two ipods, cd's a roof DVD player (with 17" a display which is not common, most are 10" to 12") and a game console in my SUV (Escalade) and we spent most of the time listening to Satellite Radio (the trip was 12 hours one way and we came back the following week for another 12 hour trip).

I do not commute but I am an engineer in the oil patch and I do go to the field from time to time and I make 2, 3 and 4 hour trips in which I listen to CNN or some of the other news stations. Plus, once I get out of town, FM and AM stations start getting interference, more when you are in the middle of nowhere, SAT Radio ? Crystal clear. I obviously take my favorite stations with me.

Once I get back to the office I take the radio with me and I plug it into the boombox by the window and bam ! Sat Radio in the office. Same goes for home.

I also get bored of the Ipods and my PSP. I have thousands of songs and I got bored !!!

Connect the Blackberry to the car ? A nightmare (I tried that on my 2007 F150) and I am tech savvy + My cellphone is that, a cellphone not a mini TV or an MP3 player. That is why I bought the Ipods and the PSP.

Podcasting ?, come on, where's the content ??? Plus I do not want to download 15 minute clips and then have to delete them, it is a pain.

By all means, I am sure Sirius will go belly up if it can not find a way to weather this crisis but not for the reasons this guy listed.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 11-19-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Addict
    11-20-2008, 12:26 AM #16
    GUYS…I am in F@%#&*G shock tonite. i was gone all day and did not find out we are at .16 til i got home tonite. I can’t add anymore than what has been posted today by others. What can we do but hope we rise from this F%$#@^&G mess of shit. My $11k investement is worth a paltry $1798.20 tonight. How pathetic is that?

11-20-2008, 10:41 AM #17

your 11k investment and reverse split

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    GUYS…I am in F@%#&*G shock tonite. i was gone all day and did not find out we are at .16 til i got home tonite. I can’t add anymore than what has been posted today by others. What can we do but hope we rise from this F%$#@^&G mess of shit. My $11k investement is worth a paltry $1798.20 tonight. How pathetic is that?
    Think about it...if the reverse split happens, it is going to be a lot less. I am by most standards a small investor but it is my life savings and my investment (at a minimum of 1-10 reverse split) will go from 45K to $1,100. I have already sent in my proxy voiting against everything. Looks like we need a change. I am wondering if the extension to delisting by the SEC up to the middle of January is going to help us, if the stock is not over $1.00 then the reverse split will probably take place. I called investor relations recently and that was a wasted phone call. We can only hope and pray that things get b etter.

Enthusiast
    11-20-2008, 11:07 AM #18
    Your equity in the company willl not change in a reverse split. If your shares are worth $1100 now they should be worth about the same after the reverse split. You will still own the same percentage of the company after the reverse split. It is the perception of the company as a whole that will affect the value of your shares.

It is for this reason I voted for the reverse split. I realise that is not a popular choice. On the other hand I voted no to authorising the board to issue 8 billion shares. I think it gives to much power to the board to dilute shares. I would have voted yes to 6 billion as I know they need some wiggle room.

Guru
    11-20-2008, 11:10 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    To begin with, terrestrial radio sucks and if you commute and/or travel, Satellite radio is king. Last time I took a trip I had two ipods, cd's a roof DVD player (with 17" a display which is not common, most are 10" to 12") and a game console in my SUV (Escalade) and we spent most of the time listening to Satellite Radio (the trip was 12 hours one way and we came back the following week for another 12 hour trip).

I do not commute but I am an engineer in the oil patch and I do go to the field from time to time and I make 2, 3 and 4 hour trips in which I listen to CNN or some of the other news stations. Plus, once I get out of town, FM and AM stations start getting interference, more when you are in the middle of nowhere, SAT Radio ? Crystal clear. I obviously take my favorite stations with me.

Once I get back to the office I take the radio with me and I plug it into the boombox by the window and bam ! Sat Radio in the office. Same goes for home.

I also get bored of the Ipods and my PSP. I have thousands of songs and I got bored !!!

Connect the Blackberry to the car ? A nightmare (I tried that on my 2007 F150) and I am tech savvy + My cellphone is that, a cellphone not a mini TV or an MP3 player. That is why I bought the Ipods and the PSP.

Podcasting ?, come on, where's the content ??? Plus I do not want to download 15 minute clips and then have to delete them, it is a pain.

Thanks, you are dead on, Add this to the fact that they have 20 million subscribers and it makes no sense why anyone bashes sirius, its just lack of advertising if you ask me, product recognition is key, and right now all we got is negative publicity going.

Sorry to Bose owners here, but Bose sucks (please don't start this OT discussion start one in the off topic forum) the point is all of their money goes into advertising, but the product is junk, Yet everyone thinks they are the best available speakers because they tell you and you believe it, and there are so many better brands that spend money on R&D instead of advertising.
    Last edited by imromo24; 11-20-2008 at 11:13 AM.

11-20-2008, 11:24 AM #20

My First Post

Well, I have been watching and reading from the sidelines and about 11pm last night I became frustrated enough to become a member. Perhaps now I will feel some relief venting to those who feel my pain. I am long approx 13,000 shares @ $1.26...Do the math..it sucks, but I know there are others in worst shape. Here is my current thoughts as to what will take place..

1) Although I voted No on both the split and the dilution, I believe they will go through because more insiders own the stock than us on the sidelines. When this happens, I believe like many of you do that the stock will continue to be pounded into the ground. I don't understand what good a reverse split is if accompanied by further dilution. Seems like a shell game to me.

2) The autocompanies are sucking..They will NOT get bailed out, will have to reorganize..This is not good on two fronts I believe..The obvious being less auto sales and the second the potential to default on any monies owed to Sirius for subscriptions in the OEMs.

3) Any marginal increase in the stock at this point is going to trigger tons of jumpers (potentially me) keeping the price point low. It's funny to hear people get excited about a 25 cent share price and that was just a week ago.

I want to be positive and I am holding on to see what tomorrow will bring.
    (OK, I have vented and now will try to get involved with the fight to save sirius!!)

Page 2 of 3 123