Page 3 of 3 123
    Mentor
    11-20-2008, 01:42 PM #21
    I have been reevaluating my position in Sirius XM Radio over the past few weeks. After reading this forum last night, it got me thinking that perhaps I should be talking out loud. That is what led me to post the Pros and Cons of Owning Sirius XM Radio Stock.

I know many of you have posted in the comments there, but post here as well. Do you think that I am missing anything either positive or negative in there? At this point, I think the positive (and upside potential) still outweigh the negative (and downside potential, to 0), but let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks.

Addict
    11-20-2008, 02:00 PM #22
    NEWMAN

you were right on in both pos and neg analysis...we appreciate you keep us informed.

NEWS

auto makers will get help from gov't loans...hope this stabilizes SIRI and we start to grow again.

11-20-2008, 03:12 PM #23
    Rick, I don't think there are really dumb questions . I am amazed at the lack of common sense all these investment wizzards seem to lack. Sure their signed up with all the latest an greatest technology, their den looks like a frikken control room for fox news. They have real time this and real time that . True these guys talk enother language

The funny thing they don't know eather. I herd on the raido today that the market is off today because the jobless numbers released today are bad. HELLO, just who thought they would be good . I'am to believe some smuck invester was blind sided by that info, and sold his nest egg, come on 2 kids with two cans and a string would know that.

I know nothing about dealing in stocks and I know the problem with our stock .

1 New and old investors are concerned about bankrupcy. That #1

2 Mel taking the company private

3 Dependency on 3rd parties to sell and provide service

4 Refinancing of debt

5 Lack of trustworthy, and or stedfast leadership

Have you noticed the big talk now is all this concern about this money they need. On my list it's number four. They have the money, maybe not at the terms they want but it's there. The only other thing I would really want to add is I am disapointed that the leadership of this company really has made little or no effort to reasure it's investors that things will be ok. We are living in precarious times that require extraordinary leadership within our financial markets that doesn't seem to be comming from Mel at this time, and that what makes us all wonder. I know he has accomplished alot in his caraer and I would be honered to just shake his hand . I'am just a little disapointed with the way this is all going down. Like my friend Forest Gump would say THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT.

Enthusiast
    11-20-2008, 03:41 PM #24
    If the Sirius XM through merger efficencies can largely break even going forward then the problems with the auto sector may be a positive short term. The Subscriber Aquisition Costs for the OEM channel are very high. Less cars sold means less spent on equipment subsidies. I know this sounds counterintuitive but in an economy like this it is important to hold on to as much of your resources as possible.

I have never understood why so little emphasis is put on the home market. I have a Stiletto 100 that never sees satellite usage. It spends most of it's time in a Soloist at home running off the wi-fi. I keep a Starmate in my car. The Conductor is a good idea that didn't go far enough. Having a long black wire routed to a window is a deal breaker for alot of people. Add to that the sound quality off the satellite is OK for the car but lacking on a home system. Sirius needs to make a conductor like wi-fi device that only runs off the premium stream. The Logitech Squeezebox is too expensive. It should be a Sirius/XM only device and should cost about what a Conductor costs,
    Last edited by James; 11-20-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-20-2008, 04:07 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by APEXSPORTS View Post
    Why would you think we are going bankrupt.. nothing has changed from q3 last week it was very + .. the nasdaq is hitting new lows everyday so all stocks go lower.. and sirius is trading with gm/f and thats wht we took the dump from .25 to .17 this week.. this is not a trade, I post great trades every day here !!

this is a 2 year investment, I wouldnt put more money in and I wouldnt take any out..its a hold.
    Hey Apex,

I was looking for your opinion on my situation. I've got about 22,000 shares at an average of .78 each. I feel like the time is right to buy more and average down....but I'm not sure what R/S or further dilution would do to my investment. Any guidance??? I won't treat it as advice (professional or other).....but I have to admit I'm a little lost and you seem to know what you're talking about.

Thanks in advance,
    Whynot

Addict
    11-20-2008, 05:03 PM #26
    The economy is not getting any better... And it will not for a while. I hope all the positive gurus here are right and the company does not go belly up.

GM though that 21 billion cash was enough to get them thru 2009... It wasn't, it will barely get them thru 2008. How far do you think 360 million in cash will take Sirius ? They have been posting losses forever so they are burning cash.... More now that the stock is priced for BK.

I got nothing against Sirius but if in good times it could not make any money, why would I expect it will make any in bad times (and we have not seen the bad times yet) ? What they sell is the first thing to get thrown out the window if the boat is sinking, at least that is what I would do.

Addict
    11-20-2008, 05:13 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    Hey Apex,

I was looking for your opinion on my situation. I've got about 22,000 shares at an average of .78 each. I feel like the time is right to buy more and average down....but I'm not sure what R/S or further dilution would do to my investment. Any guidance??? I won't treat it as advice (professional or other).....but I have to admit I'm a little lost and you seem to know what you're talking about.

Thanks in advance,
    Whynot
    I am not APEX but I can tell you, DON'T BUY yet. Wait until after next quarter earnings to confirm the company is in the right track. This quarter was in line with expectations but I have serious doubts they can meet next quarter expectations.

Besides, they have the stockholders meeting next month. They will most likely have to issue more shares and a reverse split. This will cause more dilution.

And if you want to get technical: When the stock starts trending up, buy when it dips... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy in a downtrend, unless you hedge... Avg. down is the worst thing you can do.

Mentor
    11-20-2008, 05:36 PM #28
    When Mel announces the financing, you will never be able to buy the stock down at these levels....

Addict
    11-20-2008, 05:38 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    When Mel announces the financing, you will never be able to buy the stock down at these levels....
    What assurances are you offering this poor guy that MEL will announce a refinance ? Do you know something we or the analysts from Wall Street do not know ?

Enthusiast
    11-20-2008, 09:47 PM #30

Thanks Demian......

Demian,

I thank you for your insight and for answering the question I had. I agree with your advice and will more than likely not buy anymore.....but it is hard not to gobble these shares up at .15

I will see how long my willpower lasts and as a half full kinda guy, I think we're going to turn this baby around soon. Just want some news from Mel....

Thanks again,
    Whynot

Page 3 of 3 123