Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    11-18-2008, 05:02 PM #1

SIRI closed at 20 cents today......your thoughts?

I'm disgusted...

Enthusiast
    11-18-2008, 05:08 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post

I'm disgusted...
    At this point, this stock is not going to go anywhere (or at least not up) until there is a refinancing deal in place. What scares me is that with the stock price continuing to plummet, you'd think a deal would have been done if it were possible. I am now getting worried that SIRI can't get a loan. I hope I'm wrong.

Mentor
    11-18-2008, 05:24 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    At this point, this stock is not going to go anywhere (or at least not up) until there is a refinancing deal in place. What scares me is that with the stock price continuing to plummet, you'd think a deal would have been done if it were possible. I am now getting worried that SIRI can't get a loan. I hope I'm wrong.
    If one or more institutions want to make a quick boatload of money, it's a no brainer - load up on the stock and then finance SIRI's debt.....

I'm still holding hope that those 3 recent debt for stock exchanges were part of a bigger deal, but I could be wrong about that. Why would Mel be trading stock for debt down at these levels and several months early - unless it was part of a bigger deal? It seems pretty obvious to me that they will have enough cash on hand to pay off the remaining 210 million when it comes due in Feb. '09. Mel has said that he wanted to finance it sooner rather than later to take that question mark out of the equation and I still think that is his plan......

Enthusiast
    11-18-2008, 05:31 PM #4
    I too am getting a bit more than worried - it seems to me that if Mel had ANY good news he would be putting it out. This low stock price can't be good for anything to do with sirius.

Enthusiast
    11-18-2008, 05:40 PM #5
    On top of the obvious roadblocks to Sirius XM of debt refincing, we now have in our face the potential bankruptcy of the auto industry. There is doubt that the government is going to do anything to stop this downward spiral in the auto industry. So, as Sirius' fate is so tied to the fate of the auto industry, that would seem to be yet another factor making Sirius' future seem so up in the air - both as to auto installs, but the possible great increase in the U.S. unemployment rate. We all keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, only to find out that there are still so many other shoes dropping from the back of the closet, shoes we never suspected we had!!!!

Enthusiast
    11-18-2008, 05:44 PM #6

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    there are still so many other shoes dropping from the back of the closet, shoes we never suspected we had!!!!
    Ain't it the truth !!!!!

Addict
    11-18-2008, 07:04 PM #7
    whats the odds that....when the stock hits 10 cents, SIRIUS can buy back all outstanding shares. That is when the short squeeze will begin in earnest.

Addict
    11-18-2008, 07:12 PM #8
    How about the (SEC) Sleeping Exchange Commission. Those bastards are also helping the stock spiral into a nose dive.

11-18-2008, 07:21 PM #9

wallstreet whores

all this mess cause the wallstreet whores(JPM,GS,LEH etc.) dreampt up credit default swaps. LOL and our fine government let them do it. OMG crooks all around us.

Addict
    11-18-2008, 07:40 PM #10
    Another motley fool butthole bashing…

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/...is-at-023.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123