Head Honcho
    08-07-2007, 09:31 AM #1

June 2007 NPD Released

In following the NPD data it is interesting to see the spoikes in retail share percentages at the major SDARS holiday periods. Sirius has traditionally spiked in retail share during these periods.

It seems that when the holidays happen that Sirius gains a distinct advantage over XM, and this has been happening for quite some time.

This June Sirius spiked up to a 61% share...up from 55% in May.

Look at the share data at - http://siriusbuzz.com/june-npd-released.php

Any opinions?
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Addict
    08-07-2007, 10:05 PM #2
    Year over year down over 30% is not good news. Points to the fact that they need innovative new radios on the market. Lets hope Stiletto 2 and Sportster 5 fill the bill.

Head Honcho
    08-09-2007, 09:00 AM #3

YOY Comps

YOY comps become much easier going forward. While retail is indeed down, the OEM channel has also ramped up substantially, and this will have an impact on retail sales. If someone gets a car with SDARS, they have no need to buy a radio at retail.

Also, the "hand-me-down" effect needs to be consudered, especially when new products get introduced. A hand-me-down receiver takes away from a retail sale, but is still a good thing for Sirius and XM.

Retail has def. slowed, but overall these companies are still adding subs at a decent clip.
    Tyler Savery

Addict
    08-10-2007, 11:21 PM #4
    Well hopefully Sirius comes out with a kick-ass new Stiletto 2 with headphones that don't make your ears bleed.

I think the next big step in retail will probably be the a la carte radios which should sell like hotcakes in a year or so. I wouldn't mind seeing a Sirius radio/cell phone too.

Head Honcho
    08-11-2007, 10:52 PM #5

New Hardware

Keys to new hardware:

1. Get a smaller form factor.

2. Improve battery life.

3. Find a way to incorporate social networking

4. More memory

5. Mewmory slot for SD cards, etc.

6. Make it capable of playing video.

The last item could be a gold-mine for Sirius, and someone like stern. Imagine if you could dowload Howard TV segments to view at you leisure. It is a win/win for Sirius and Stern. Sirius gets a cut, Stern gets a cut, and the consumer is happy.

Sirius and XM need to keep up with the I-Pod. Like it or not, I-Pod is a force in the audio entertainment sector, and unless you can match their harware, it will always be a challenge to get someone to feel that they can give up their I-Pod.
    Tyler Savery

08-27-2007, 03:54 AM #6
    Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,