Page 1 of 2 12
    11-17-2008, 06:32 PM #1

MY Angry Letter is Meaner than YOUR Angry Letter

Sirius needs to know about diversity, they need to see the truly widespread face of the community they've been pissin' off ever since this merger.

And so, I figured I should send them something a little bit more inclined to my own views and methods of communication, to contrast all of your sissy civilized stuff, just to let at least one email answering roboprogram know that they pissed off ALL of us, and not just the calm ones.

And if nothing else, hopefully I'm helping annoy them.

"Yeah, so, I used to be a subscriber to Sirius, until you guys cancelled a bunch of stations. What was the drive behind doing that? I'd sort of like to know, because, I mean, you made me cancel, and I'm sure other people have cancelled too... what happened to Punk? Backspin? Boombox? How about Beyond Jazz on XM? How about, I dunno... NEXT TO EVERYTHING I LISTENED TO AT ALL?

You guys ****ED up, seriously, and I hope everyone cancels like me.

Oh, and if I see Punk and Boombox back on the air, I'll DEFINITELY resubscribe... so hopefully the carrot bait of a bit of regained profit being dangled in front of your debt-ridden eyes may cause you to do something the customers would be happy about for once."

Mentor
    11-17-2008, 07:52 PM #2
    My letter was even meaner than yours.......

**** you for canceling my favorite channel Beyond Jazz. You mother ****ing bastards got rid of Fine Tuning, The Fungus, old school break beat, and fired Scott Walterman too! You ****ing cock suckers are censoring rap now? Some one needs their ass kicked for taking away all of my favorite channels and programming! You think you can **** with the modern jazz/fusion crowd, the hip hop community, and the punks? Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk?

11-17-2008, 08:21 PM #3
    Make sure you send em in boys. Hate mail is only hate mail if it reaches its intended target! They wont be reading this forum thats for sure so we need to raise a big enough stink so that they may consider bringin one or two of our stations back.

They promissed the FCC that this merger would bring more diversity and better programming and now they are censoring and axeing diverse programming in favor of mainstream pop and overlap stations!

Enthusiast
    11-17-2008, 08:59 PM #4

Wow...

Decaf maybe folks?

11-17-2008, 09:33 PM #5
    My favorite part of all of this is that people were complaining on this board before they ever gave the newly merged channel a try. There is no way they could have known if the new channel was better then the old, they are all just so adverse to change that they still aren't giving the new lineup a chance.

You all can keep complaining all you want but for every person that is pissed off there are 1k people who are happy. Who do you think Sirius will cater to?

11-17-2008, 10:54 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    My favorite part of all of this is that people were complaining on this board before they ever gave the newly merged channel a try. There is no way they could have known if the new channel was better then the old, they are all just so adverse to change that they still aren't giving the new lineup a chance.

You all can keep complaining all you want but for every person that is pissed off there are 1k people who are happy. Who do you think Sirius will cater to?

You go ahead and be the sirius fanboy! I was one of the first subscribers and when they take away something that I paid for with out even advanced notice that is not fair business practice!

I am guessing you must work for Sirius to be so blind to the current level of disatisfaction. I called again today and the cust service rep said that they had to double their staff for all the complaints they were getting. Its not that we arent giving it a try it's that the programming that we like has been cancelled all together.

So take your favorite channel and cut it out of the lineup and replace it with pop crap that exsists on 15 other channels already and see how happy you are.

If you like it the keep your mouth shut OK. I don't think that multi-million dollar companies need people like you defending them all the way to the bank!

Piss off!

11-18-2008, 01:25 AM #7
    First of all, you don't need to quote someone when you are about to post right below them.

You piss off.

I have been a subscriber since 04.

I do not work for Sirius.

I am happy with the Service.

Is that all that hard to believe? The reality is man, the MAJORITY of their subscribers are happy. One of my favorite stations is no longer but, its about to be replaced with a new station which is going to play the same stuff. So, who cares if it has a new name?

Whether you agree with my attitude or not it is easy to see that the people who are put off by the changes are in the minority. You can't argue that point. If the majority were as foaming at the mouth mad as you, we would see 51% of their subscriber base gone next month... its not going to happen.

Mentor
    11-18-2008, 01:56 AM #8
    Clueless:
    There were actually many people complaining BEFORE than changover!

I agree, some people are pissed off, but the majority of people will be happy with the changes or could care less. I lost one of my favorite channels, but there are alternates that will suffice. I have been a long time subscriber as well, subscribed also since 2004, and do not work for Sirius or XM either, but I am an investor.

11-18-2008, 03:29 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    First of all, you don't need to quote someone when you are about to post right below them.

You piss off.

I have been a subscriber since 04.

I do not work for Sirius.

I am happy with the Service.

Is that all that hard to believe? The reality is man, the MAJORITY of their subscribers are happy. One of my favorite stations is no longer but, its about to be replaced with a new station which is going to play the same stuff. So, who cares if it has a new name?

Whether you agree with my attitude or not it is easy to see that the people who are put off by the changes are in the minority. You can't argue that point. If the majority were as foaming at the mouth mad as you, we would see 51% of their subscriber base gone next month... its not going to happen.
    All I can say is that your name says it all. Majority of people satisfied? You must be blind and clueless. Hey if you like Pop then I am happy for you. But your attitude clearly shows that you don't get it.

The reason that a large percentage of the client base signed up was for the diversity of music not watered down broad attempts at pleasing the masses.
    Many people may not notice the difference thats true but cmon whole genres of music were wiped out! You didnt even know what channel Boombox was so I don't expect you to get it! But if you don't get it then maybe you shouldn't tell us what we should like.

Guys tell me this...if I am supposed to be happy with changes to the lineup that completely removed the music type that I listen to where do I get the music that used to be played on that station. By the way you guys seem to forget that this isnt a free service. They have a responsibility to their paying customers!
    Last edited by shiftymagoo; 11-18-2008 at 03:43 AM.

11-18-2008, 05:15 PM #10
    I'm with Shifty...

I barely listened to Hits one... I understand why there is a market for it.. some people love that crap (I have zero idea why the hell the majority of the population loves the Jonas Bros, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, I think it is the worst fabricated shit on earth... but people buy it thats why its there) What I don't understand is why Sirius needs ANOTHER channel for that crap...

So to me, The Heat, Hits 1, and Pop2k are identical channels... Sometimes Radio 1 (which is 50/50 good and bad) I love when it plays Pete Tong and Annie Mac, but sometimes its just another top 40 channel...That's the problem Shifty is saying.

Sirius Claims to have like 130 DIFFERENT CHANNELS, then why is it I'm able to listen to Britney Spears - Womanizer on 4 of them? That's not diversity, thats turning into the local radio stations we already get for free.

Page 1 of 2 12