11-16-2008, 05:24 PM #1

radio replays

Has anybody noticed the following problem? I own a Stiletto 2 and I use quite often the "Radio Replay" function of the Stiletto 2. Well since the upgrade on Wednesday all of my replays but one were deleted from the receiver. Secondly I am no longer able to save any of the music channels as it had been doing before the upgrade.

Any comments, thoughts ,suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ron

11-16-2008, 06:33 PM #2
    Ron,

Along with the Genre each channel is registered as either music or talk to which it is able to be recorded as a part of the radio replays. Talk radio such as stern does not get recorded with radio replays, Sirius Hits 1 does because it is music. I think they must of mixed up some of this with the re-shuffling and renaming of the channels during this last update. I know the Stiletto channel icons are still messed up as well as the internet channels from Zing. I suspect this will all get sorted out in time.

There was a lot of talk last month on the Digital Radio Central about a bug in the stiletto firmware that was allowing scheduled recordings to randomily be deleted. You might go over there where there is a lot of people with more expience on this radio.

But Sheduled recordings are not radio replays and the two are handled differently.

Well that's what I know. Hope you are enlightened!

11-16-2008, 06:39 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by me_rubin View Post
    Ron,

Along with the Genre each channel is registered as either music or talk to which it is able to be recorded as a part of the radio replays. Talk radio such as stern does not get recorded with radio replays, Sirius Hits 1 does because it is music. I think they must of mixed up some of this with the re-shuffling and renaming of the channels during this last update. I know the Stiletto channel icons are still messed up as well as the internet channels from Zing. I suspect this will all get sorted out in time.

There was a lot of talk last month on the Digital Radio Central about a bug in the stiletto firmware that was allowing scheduled recordings to randomily be deleted. You might go over there where there is a lot of people with more expience on this radio.

But Sheduled recordings are not radio replays and the two are handled differently.

Well that's what I know. Hope you are enlightened!
    Thanks for the help. Will go to that site. Yes the rpoblem is with radio replays. I'm still able to do scheduled recordings and not loose them.

I did notice that they have a gneric icon for the decades channels rather than the fancy icons that were previously used.

Ron

Banned
    11-16-2008, 06:44 PM #4
    Radio replays are recorded based on available memory on your device. If you have enough MP3 and scheduled recordings on your device, I would think that radio replays would be the first to be removed by the device if extra recording memory is needed.

Hope this helps.

11-16-2008, 06:46 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Radio replays are recorded based on available memory on your device. If you have enough MP3 and scheduled recordings on your device, I would think that radio replays would be the first to be removed by the device if extra recording memory is needed.

Hope this helps.
    There should be room in that it deleted some of my radio replays. Since the deletion i haven't been able to add new radio replays.

Ron