Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MFFAIS recent activity

Enthusiast
    jmm232, thanks for doing that research. Thanks to Sirius, I'm slowly but surely building my investment research knowledge. Can you put those numbers into perspective so I can relate all of the GS sophisticated dealings with this stock?

Thanks!

Banned
    I am still learning as well. Numbers look suspect to me . Let me attempt to put some pieces together.

Increase in number of shares does not imply a company going under. It could be that they have increased the number of shares as a hedge against their large short position. The fact that they increased their number of puts significantly during the last 3 month period while they continually downgraded it implies manipulation to me.

The 10/11 3.25% bonds have been trading between $62 and $81 during the period GS acquired them. I don't think GS is buying up bonds for a company they expect to BK.

I expect to see a substantial change in their puts in the next filing. Problem is that filing won't be out till mid February.

Enthusiast
    Thanks jmm. Definitely need to read up more on all this and do some more DD, but research like yours points me in new directions. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by SD-08 View Post
    Cos1000 has discovered that the reporting of MFFAIS comes from the quarterly reports given to the SEC from the mutual funds...
    SD -- The filings you refer to are the 13F filings. All 13F filers are required to report holdings of $100 million or more in certain security -- within 45 days of the end of each quarter. Sirius is a 13F Security.

3rd quarter ended on September 30, 2008 -- and so all 13F filers were required to file their 13F reports to the SEC by this past Friday. Over the next few days, you'll have a fresh update on the NASDAQ site (and others) with updated holdings as of 9/30/08.

http://www.sec.gov/divisions/investment/13ffaq.htm

----------

Thanks Homer,

So we should see an updated percentage of institutional ownership soon?

Banned
    Hey Homer,

What do you think of the new bonds that GS picked up?? Not a lot right now, but curious considering what their analyst has said of the company.

$530,000 in the 3.25% 10/11 bonds

-- EgisCodr

7. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12