Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    11-16-2008, 08:44 PM #11
    I just called in and spoke to a cust serv rep and she knew nothing about any new channels being added back. All she told me was that they added channels, took away others, changed names of channels and doesn't know anything else. She actually told me they added a channel and on Nov 7th and then said, Oh that happenned already. She was clueless and said she could only give her opinion and that you could e-mail your concerns and only hope you get back any channels you now miss.

She knew nothing about anything XM since the cust serv is still seperate when I asked if XM would have an ala-cart radio soon. She did not know when the cust service would be merged. I was just curious from an investor standpoint.

Almost completely useless. It appears they just use the same information posted on the web site when you ask questions.

11-16-2008, 10:31 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Sansrage -

I apologize if I attacked, especially if you were told this by a cust service rep. It could be that they are looking at restoring a select few channels and molding both Sirius and XM's channel lineups more.

For the record, Sirius has about 900M more debt due to be financed in the next 13 months. The 4.8 billion you are referring to is the writedown of goodwill on the merger value, not new debt.

Just ridiculous how many bashers come to these sights and make things up and give false info. Anyhow, would be interested in some channels coming back and maybe they went overboard and will put a few back to soothe some listeners complaints, but they can't do many or it defeats the purpose of one of the big merger synergies.

For the record I'd like to see the Strobe & Backspin back, but if not, I still will never cancel either service I own because there isn't anything better for your $ and love all the sports across both services. Since I have both Sirius and XM subscriptions, I don't have use for Best of, but am interested in the interoperable radio that will come out in 6 months.
    Hey, that's alright! I get my feathers ruffled when someone starts talking shit about my favorite things too. I am completely hopeful they're going to restore some of the channels. Every time I click over to 39 I get pissed off again!

Hell, I wouldn't have known squat about the "rollback" for lack of better word, if I hadn't gotten all pissed off about Sirius XM playing 3 commercials in a row on 116 (which used to be Kids Stuff and NEVER played a commercial one!). THAT pissed me off royally. I'm starting to get aggrivated by commercials in general lately.....I'm paying for commercial free (unless I'm listening to talk radio, which is expected).

Maybe Sirius is trying to make everyone get the BEST OF....I don't want it. I could give two sh*ts about Oprah's channel or the Virus.

11-16-2008, 10:33 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I just called in and spoke to a cust serv rep and she knew nothing about any new channels being added back. All she told me was that they added channels, took away others, changed names of channels and doesn't know anything else. She actually told me they added a channel and on Nov 7th and then said, Oh that happenned already. She was clueless and said she could only give her opinion and that you could e-mail your concerns and only hope you get back any channels you now miss.

She knew nothing about anything XM since the cust serv is still seperate when I asked if XM would have an ala-cart radio soon. She did not know when the cust service would be merged. I was just curious from an investor standpoint.

Almost completely useless. It appears they just use the same information posted on the web site when you ask questions.

doesn't surprise me. The first time I called yesterday I got connected to someone in BILLING! HAHA....and they gave me some bullshit 800-622-6200 number to call. I called back and got some dude that really was talking like he gave a shit about what happened since his favorite channels were gone too. God knows how many chumps they have working in that call center, ya know.

11-17-2008, 06:04 PM #14
    Call centers are generally absolutely huge, so yeah, that makes sense.

Well... my subscription was a 2 year deal instead of monthly, so I'll have it until around April. I'll be keeping an eye on things in December, but somehow I'm fairly sure there isn't going to be any turning back for them just yet.

I find it funny that the week I got my Sat radio was the first week of Punk 29 being on the air, and a few months before my 2 year subscription runs out, they cancel it. It's like it was just for me.

Regardless... I doubt it's all true, but we'll see.

11-20-2008, 07:08 AM #15
    Just Some FYI, Sirius XM customer service center is located in India. The CSRs are nothing more than puppets with made up American names. Well, maybe they are just a small step above talking to an automated system. They have pre made answers for everything you ask. If you ask them something that the company haven't anticipated a question about, they get utterly confused and don't know what to do or say so they will ask you to hold while they panic and seek direction from a supervisor in the call center. Another thing to keep in mind is that if it seems that they can care less about if you like the new channels or not is because they don't. They live in India chances are that 98% of them can not even afford a vehicle and have never heard satellite radio and even if they could afford it for their homes or something (which they can not) they can care less about any of the music or programming that is played, they listen to whatever they listen to over in India. So can anyone there empathize with us if they hardly got a clue about what we are calling to complain about? The Answer is again that they don't. So in conclusion I feel like is a waste of time to call unless you are going to show that you are not happy by canceling your acct. (you will get a prorated refund for the time not used) and go something better like Slacker at BestBuy or go to www.slacker.com for details. Is way better and cheaper in the long run and you can skip songs you don't like and even ban them from playing ever again. You can even make your own radio station. I already canceled my Sirius and switched to Slacker and I just love it. Try it and spread the news all over the net. Its the only way that we will be heard by Sirius XM.

11-26-2008, 11:16 AM #16

Changes in Blues

I called in to complain about the changes in the Blues station, and they suggested that I listen to Outlaw Country(?). I told them that I hadn't had a favorite song come on in a week! The blues that they play are really old, and while I like that, I'd also like to hear people that I can go out and listen to live. I've got Tab Benoit, Shemekia Copeland, Sonny Landreth, Susan Tedeschi, and Irma Thomas programmed as favorites, none of which are out of mainstream blues and haven't heard any in the last week and a half. Cancelled the radio for the house as a result, and just listen to Howard in the car. My husband can only listen to Howard for so long, so we usually don't listen at home. My husband likes Bloomberg radio, which I can't take for too long, so we listen to the local NPR station.

Page 2 of 2 12