10-06-2008, 09:52 PM #1

Sirius radio and nothing more

Can you find a Sirius radio out there that doesnt come with a car kit and or more? We have one already and a boombox for it. Just wanting to know if they sell any by themselves with no extras? Didnt want a two pack of radios. Want to be able to tell my wifes from mine.

10-12-2008, 11:02 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by YoMoma View Post
    Can you find a Sirius radio out there that doesnt come with a car kit and or more? We have one already and a boombox for it. Just wanting to know if they sell any by themselves with no extras? Didnt want a two pack of radios. Want to be able to tell my wifes from mine.
    Depending what your looking for Ebay has alsmost everything

11-22-2008, 05:23 AM #3
    These are the only 2 places I have found so far. Ebay and TSS- Radio.

11-23-2008, 07:46 PM #4
    I have had several sirius players from the Orbitor to the Stiletto 2 and I have bought and sold them on Ebay each time I upgrade. I have never had an issue with any that I have purchased. I have also bought items from TSS-Radio and am very happy with all of the purchased items. Take your time, do your research and I am sure you will be happy.

11-29-2008, 04:29 PM #5
    How does one know if the unit is not from Canada or reported previously stolen? Will the ebay seller let you know the serial number to call Sirius to confirm? I was looking for the Stiletto 2 but now I am not so sure since I was reading that the channel line-ups have been butchered and there are reports even of censored content. Rubbish.

Mentor
    11-29-2008, 08:17 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    How does one know if the unit is not from Canada or reported previously stolen? Will the ebay seller let you know the serial number to call Sirius to confirm? I was looking for the Stiletto 2 but now I am not so sure since I was reading that the channel line-ups have been butchered and there are reports even of censored content. Rubbish.
    There are a couple of "family friendly" channels with censored content, but there still is uncensored content on other channels. The channel lineup has changed. There are positives and negatives from the changes. Everyone needs to weigh the positives to the negatives themselves, according to their own tastes.

They got rid of my favorite channel, Beyond Jazz, and they fired my favorite talk show host, Scott Walterman. The new Sirius programmed decades channels are a disaster zone of shallow playlists and repetition - they play the same songs and promos over and over every single day. They also got rid of several genre channels that I really liked - the disco channel (Chrome), the eclectic channel (Fine Tuning), the modern jazz channel (Beyond Jazz), and the old-school breakbeat channels (The Ryme and Boombox). There are several other XM channels that are now programmed by their Sirius equivalent, which really sucks because the XM programming philosophy was so much better - Fred, X-Country, Chill, and AudioVisions come to mind as examples of great XM programmed stations that are now replaced with lower quality programming.....

For me, there have been many more negatives than positives....