Page 1 of 2 12
    11-12-2008, 01:10 PM #1

Siriusly disguested... WHERE IS MY MUSIC?!

OMG...

I **just** bought a new car -- a car **specifically** from a manufacturer that offers Sirius or XM as a choice.

Why?

Because I loved Sirius' music for the last four years.

Today, the **MORNING AFTER I TAKE DELIVERY AND PROGRAM ALL MY FAVORITE STATIONS BACK IN** I see "Invalid channel"...

SIX OF EIGHT OF MY STATIONS ARE NOW GONE!

I am beside myself with anger!!! This is just unbelievable!!!

I thought "Well, I'll switch to XM... the dealer can do a tuner swap for me..." So I check the XM channel lineup... SAME MISERABLE SITUATION!

There is NO REASON for me to have this service anymore after almost five years. I am on a yearly subscription and it ends in December. No way I am renewing.

WASN'T THE MERGER SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME CHOICE?!
    Last edited by deaconboogie; 11-12-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Head Honcho
    11-12-2008, 03:08 PM #2

what channels

what channels did you lose that have you concerned. Which two remained?
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 04:07 PM #3
    I'm curious too....

For me it is a complete disaster - they got rid of all of my favorite channels!!!!!!!!!!

1 - Beyond Jazz - modern jazz/fusion

2 - POTUS - It is remaining in name only. It will suck now that they have fired the program director and host, Scott Walterman - along with the rest of the hosts and staff. It's just going to be a bunch of automated news and C-SPAN feeds with some podcasts thrown in. Scott Walterman created POTUS and was the best thing about it.....

3 - Fine Tuning - eclectic

4 - Chrome - disco

5 - XMX - no more Artist Confidential?

6 - The Rhyme - old school break beat

7- BBC - the Full feed (they have replaced it with the Sirius NEWS UPDATE Only feed)

8 - XM Comedy

9 - Fungus - punk/ska/electric surf

10 - AudioVisions (Spa sucks, but at least they will carry the Hearts of Space program)

12 - Cinemagic

All gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some other programming changes I don't like either......

Sirius/XM management sucks for taking away all of my favorite channels.......
    Last edited by Demian; 11-12-2008 at 04:14 PM.

11-12-2008, 04:35 PM #4

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I'm curious too....

For me it is a complete disaster - they got rid of all of my favorite channels!!!!!!!!!!

All gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some other programming changes I don't like either......

Sirius/XM management sucks for taking away all of my favorite channels.......
    To name a few...

36 The Beat
    37 Strobe
    39 Boombox
    43 Backspin

Those are my "drive time" stations... I listen to them the most. To hell with XM's "BMP" station... I love the channel lineups for their entire electronic/dance section now: "Club hits" and "Mainstream dance"... GREAT! Now that's what I call choice!

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 05:25 PM #5
    I lost my xm comedy (channel 150) but when I got in my car
    This morning, raw dog (I think) had the same djs and
    Advertising thesame specials as my old comedy channel.

I encourage everyone to listen to a few channels to see if
    there is something you are missing that was moved elsewhere
    and placed under a new name.

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 05:34 PM #6
    YOU GOT OT LOOK AROUND YOUR CHANNELS ARE ON A DIFFERANT CHANNEL SAME STUFF.. AND THE BREAK BEATS/JAZZ/DISCO... DAMN DUDE

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 06:19 PM #7

Come on now....

Let's not slam the new channels (and our own investment) for the world to see!!! Like the gents above mentioned, look around and you will find something similar or better than before.

As also mentioned above, write Sirius with the negatives or wish lists, let's not batter the stock and service on our own forum. Goldman/Wienke and Cramer have done a good enough job of that!!!!!!!!

The bright side is always somewhere,
    Whynot

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 10:40 PM #8
    Whynot: I honestly believe that in order to make an informed decision on which stock to invest in, you need to know the good AND the bad. As a smarter man than I once said: "Invest in what you know, and invest in what you love." Many of the subscribers got into Sirius or XM because they were investors, and many others (like myself) got into the investment because they were subscribers. If Sirius XM starts pissing off subscribers, they may also be pissing off investors... and by loosing subscribers, you piss off even more investors. It is a fine line to walk. Time will tell if they have fallen or not.

That being said, I am happy with my alternative that I have found, as it is basically the same channel with a new name. I havent listened much to other channels to see how they are doing. I will probably be doing that this weekend.

Addict
    11-12-2008, 11:21 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconboogie View Post
    To name a few...

36 The Beat
    37 Strobe
    39 Boombox
    43 Backspin

Those are my "drive time" stations... I listen to them the most. To hell with XM's "BMP" station... I love the channel lineups for their entire electronic/dance section now: "Club hits" and "Mainstream dance"... GREAT! Now that's what I call choice!
    I'm with you on this, shocked they goy rid of Strobe, Backspin. I was never that into Boombox, the Beat was good at times, but very repetitive.

But not the Strobe & Backspin !

I bet we'll find other stations that are a big positive, but this is disappointing to me, but maybe I'll expand my horizen a bit now ?

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 11:41 PM #10

Understood..

Newman/SXMInvestor- I fully understand where you are coming from and thank you for your advice. I am a subscriber and investor as well.

With no hesistance, I can say that my investment dollars mean a HELL of a lot more to me than the service at this junction. My statement above was meant to relax folks who have a sort of sticker shock about the new channels and selections.

As I mentioned in earlier blogs.....I do know a bit about SIRI/XM in a way that a lot of folks on this forum do not and be certain that they took great consideration in the channel changes they made, are ready for the customer concerns which will arise and are willing to work as hard as they can to make things right for both the investor and the subscriber. They are also fully cognizant of the fact that the investor and subscriber are usually one in the same.

It's just inititial shock folks.....everyone will find what they want in time.

Cheers,
    Whynot

Page 1 of 2 12