11-13-2008, 08:06 PM #1

"decade" and mainstream Sirius channels question...

Hey, all.

I'm an XM subscriber. I noticed since yesterday that there is a bunch of talking by "DJs" on channels such as 70's, 80's, and the top 40 stations. Was there always talking in between songs by "DJs" before the channel reassignment this week? I am pretty sure that most of my favorite channels did not have "live" talking between songs.

That's what I hate about FM - too much talking.

Please share your thoughts on this since I never had Sirius. Thanks,

Sam in 'bama

11-13-2008, 08:32 PM #2
    Yup, talking DJs has been a staple to many Sirius channels. For the most part I rather enjoyed the DJ banter as they were from DJs who in some cases were pioneers in their musical area (Little Steven, Liquid Todd, DJ Icey, Kurtis Blow). I think in the 80s channel you even get a lot of old LA KROQ DJs, Richard Blade, etc etc...

I agree with you regarding too much talk.. and sometimes the Sirius/XM DJs do tend to ramble.. (maybe like my post..

11-13-2008, 08:59 PM #3

DJ's

I'll give them a chance. Come to think of it, I love when Armando tells us stuff about the songs he's playing (BPM XM 81).

I don't envy the people at XM Sirius who had to "merge" channels, but I wish they hadn't gotten rid of entire categories (disco, break-beats, early freestyle).

11-13-2008, 09:01 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by saminbama View Post
    I'll give them a chance. Come to think of it, I love when Armando tells us stuff about the songs he's playing (BPM XM 81).

I don't envy the people at XM Sirius who had to "merge" channels, but I wish they hadn't gotten rid of entire categories (disco, break-beats, early freestyle).
    I think you would've enjoyed the break-beats...

11-14-2008, 12:57 AM #5
    Some of these DJ's just need to shut the f*** up. Shade 45 comes to mind, that horse-voiced pain in the ass DJ needs to be kicked out of there.

Addict
    11-14-2008, 02:19 AM #6
    I never see such bitching and complaining for such an incredible unmatched digital service with incredible content.

It;s amazing even if some people lost their favorite channel. Boohoohoo - expand your horizens, explore and enjoy.

Having said that, I still would like to see the Strobe come back, but without it, I have enjoyed many more channels that I would not have went to because I was stuck on a select few.

I definately see an improvement of the selections, content on both services since I subscribe to both Sirius & XM.

11-14-2008, 03:03 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I never see such bitching and complaining for such an incredible unmatched digital service with incredible content.

It;s amazing even if some people lost their favorite channel. Boohoohoo - expand your horizens, explore and enjoy.

Having said that, I still would like to see the Strobe come back, but without it, I have enjoyed many more channels that I would not have went to because I was stuck on a select few.

I definately see an improvement of the selections, content on both services since I subscribe to both Sirius & XM.
    I'm sure you've noticed a lot of new people on this forum (including me), who've joined with the purpose of BITCHING. Yes I realize its in vain and I'm attempting to tone down my bitching and switch to more constructive criticism.

The point is though the Sirius/XM channel line up has taken steps BACKWARDS by eliminating the discussed channels. I do understand this has been done as a cost reducing measure in order to keep the service viable. However listeners (profits) will be lost due to not only the channel line-up changes but especially by the inadequate communication/feedback between the service provider and us the listeners.

It must be frustrating for investors watching the stock go down and to see all the complaining and bitching. Ultimately I feel the implementation of the recent channel line up has put the Sirius/XM service on a bad path forward with listener relations. With other music distribution/technologies competing for dollars I know S/X has to be concerned.