Page 3 of 3 123
    11-24-2008, 10:43 PM #21

Edited Music

Sent 2 E-Mails to both companies, nothing worked.
    i tried

11-28-2008, 01:48 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyScrewed.com
    Hopefully everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday and here are some things that make us a lot happier.

On Wednesday I finally received a call from SiriusXM Corporate offices in response to our efforts. Let me make this clear this was not the call center, this was SiriusXM Corporate. Below is what I was told in regards to the changes.

1.) They are working on ways of bringing programming back. This includes some of the more demanded stations like Backspin. They are currently reviewing several options to bring these back. The woman could not be more specific except to say they are very interested in keeping their loyal subscribers happy and enjoying the service. There are available slots on the service but these are generally reserved for Sports PBP. The current stations will also be tweaked to remove and add content. They were trying to blend channels and they admit this may have not been the best strategy. In an attempt to make everybody happy, they only managed to make the majority of people unhappy. She wanted to reiterate to me that they are listening, they are working on it.

2.) They continue to say the radio-edited content was and is an accident. When I pressed her she did acknowledge that the record label provides BOTH versions. Due to the recent layoffs and holidays it has been difficult to correct this as they are checking programming playlists one station at a time. They are also browsing through a massive music library. They hope to have all these resolved before December 14th. When I pressed her regarding family friendly packages and why all the edits were on these channels she had no definitive answer.

The second piece of good news comes from a Supervisor at the call center. I had a good 30 minute conversation with him/her. The supervisor asked I not identify him/her but this is what the supervisor was willing to share.

The rate of complaints and cancellations are at their highest volume EVER in the last two weeks. They have given out more free months of service than ANY previous time in their history. The Customer Service centers have experienced longer wait times than at any other time. This includes the previous record holder of December 26th, 2005.

Corporate has given them updated directives to deal with these calls on an almost daily basis.

There you have it. Our efforts are working but we can't let up. We have to make sure we hold their feet to the flame until they have provided what they just promised. The first being elimination of censored content, the second being restoration of previous content.

This is a positive step but we need to make sure they follow through.
    Looks like SiriusXM is starting to come around. But like Mark says we need to keep pushing them to insure they follow through.

I am still going to take the wait and see approach.

http://www.SiriuslyScrewed.com

Enthusiast
    11-29-2008, 11:44 AM #23
    I haven't heard censored music on Hip Hop Nation in a while. Either I'm always tuning in it at the right time or they are actually fixing the issue. One good thing is that I've actually heard a decent amount of 90's Hip Hop on the 90's channel.

11-29-2008, 04:18 PM #24
    This thread couldn't be more timely. I was thinking of getting myself a Black Friday present and buying the Stiletto 2 and a subscription to Sirius as there's a special deal now ending on Dec 1, 2008.

Now, in my research, I am reading that there is some censored music/content on Sirius. That's ridiculous. Is Howard Stern going to be censored too.

I'm in Canada and I wanted to get a US radio and US subscription so I dont have to listen to crappy Canadian content.

Thanks guys, you made up my mind, don't get satellite radio.
    Last edited by Noob; 11-29-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Mentor
    11-30-2008, 02:58 AM #25
    Noob:

The thing to remember is that Sirius/XM may play 20 songs an hour, and out of those 20, MAYBE 1 will be "censored". It is actually not censored by Sirius XM, they are just playing a song as edited by THE MUSIC LABEL as a "for air" version for terrestrial radio. Some of these songs have made it into the playlists at Sirius/XM. There are MANY MANY more songs that are completely uncensored and you will hear all of the cursing and profanity that your heart contends... I have the same thing on one of the Comedy channels I listen to. One "song" has a comedian saying F this and F that and that is Sh**. The next one has the F word one time, and it is bleeped out.

It is just the occasional cut that you hear it on, not COMPLETELY censored.

12-01-2008, 03:40 PM #26
    Ok then, as long as Sirius/XM don't censor. If they do, I can see them dropping like flies, especially once iPhone and other smartphones become more popular and data plans to listen to streaming audio becomes cheaper.

12-02-2008, 06:36 PM #27

Censorship

Hip Hop Nation started to put the uncensored music back in, i guess threatening to cancel the subscription helped out a lot, now they need to put the uncensored music in "The Heat"

12-03-2008, 06:53 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Ok then, as long as Sirius/XM don't censor. If they do, I can see them dropping like flies, especially once iPhone and other smartphones become more popular and data plans to listen to streaming audio becomes cheaper.
    No they don't censor. They choose to play songs censored by record labels. Using this technicality SiriusXM does not censor music.

They claim this was all a glitch but 3 weeks later and Lithium, Octane and Hip Hop Nation continue to play radio-edited tracks in their rotation.

Meanwhile the four "mature" music options were not effected by this "glitch" only the music options listed as "family friendly"

Playing a censored label provided track in favor of an uncensored track is still tantamount to censorship.

I suggest you look at the negative reactions of many loyal longtime subscribers before making your decision.

http://www.siriuslyscrewed.com

12-03-2008, 07:04 PM #29
    Hmm. Another attempt to attract and keep listeners. http://www.satelliteguys.us/satellit...ml#post1611712

Page 3 of 3 123