Page 2 of 3 123
    11-15-2008, 06:23 PM #11
    XM subscribers such as myself are having the same problem... we used to have a decent uncensored rap channel, XM raw that has now been replaced with Shady or whatever it is (It is just horrible, and is just talk, talk, talk, talk, and then an Eminem song). I agree, I was all about the satellite radio because it was uncensored. Now there isnt even a decent hip-hop station left!

11-15-2008, 06:27 PM #12
    I am shocked to hear that they are cutting uncensored music because 90% of subscribers have children. THAT'S why music is already ridiculously censored on FM radio; hence, I dont mind paying extra for some uncut music. If parent are not responsible enough to skip over the stations they do not want their children to hear, that is THEIR problem, NOT MINE. I have every right to listen to as much graphic music as I want, just as they every right not to. However, my rights are obviously not respected. Bunch of fascists..........

11-16-2008, 02:44 AM #13

Edit Rap music?

Obviously a corporate decision made as a generality by someone who doesn't understand how it alters entirely the artist's message.

I'm still subscribed to both XM and Sirius. Listening exclusively to Rap and the occasional sports event, it used to make sense, particularily when becoming bored with either firms repetative formats. Of course now I have to decide to cancel one or both subscriptions. Shade 45 is OK, but if my choice of unadulterated Rap is to be reduced to that channel exclusively, I may have to seek another alternative, such as recording internet programming.

While many Hip Hop Nation listeners no doubt feel the same way, I hope that before they simply cancel their subscription, they take the time to let Sirius know why they have come to the conclusion.

11-17-2008, 02:14 PM #14

C'mon people - raise up!!

OK. I am a 40-year-old white female, wife to a cop, mother to 15-year-old...believe in God...yatta, yatta, yatta. AND - I GREW UP AT THE SKATING RINK AND I HAVE LOVED R&B/RAP/HIP-HOP SINCE MY MOM BOUGHT MY FIRST 33 RECORD FOR ME AT 5 YEARS OLD - CHUCK BERRY!! I am sooo angry. IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY AS A PARENT TO CENSOR WHAT MY CHILD LISTENS TO...NOT SIRIUS/XM!! WHY CAN'T ADULTS ENJOY ADULT MATERIAL AT THEIR DISCRETION? That was the BIG DEAL about satellite - the reason we subscribers are PAYING!! I was about 12 when Marvin Gaye started singing about Sexual Healing. Classic. But, did I and all of my friends head out immediately for some "healing" because of the words to a SONG???? Give me a break!!!!!!! I have LOVED Hip-Hop Nation from the very beginning, and it is the MAIN reason I have continued to subscribe to Sirius. If things don't return to the way they were...paying $$ for satellite radio to provide me with an ENHANCED music-listening experience...I will just listen to the freakin' radio and CANCEL!!!! WE ARE BEING CHOPPED AND SCREWED!!!!

11-17-2008, 09:27 PM #15

Lightbulb Wtf??!!

I just noticed this a few days ago, his dosent make any sense. I pay to listen to this and they block out the profanity, this isnt public am/fm radio.
    If nothing changes, then im going to cancel my subscription.

I dont understand why dumb ass parents cant just lock the channels for the little kids. Its bad enough Sirius gave in to the dumbasses.

What also kills me is that, shade 45 is like it always, nothing changed.

im gunna keep complaining, hopefully that will change some......

Banned
    11-17-2008, 10:11 PM #16
    There is nothing to complain about. If you are being censored, it is because you are subscribed to the family plan, whether intentional or not. I discovered this when I could not get Howard Stern. Apparently, when I declined the playboy channel, it put me into the family freindly version. One call, and all was corrected....

Guru
    11-18-2008, 10:20 AM #17
    Kutler, exactly.

Its the artists song as they intended it, it would be like if all movies were PG, can't really make a PG horror movie, can't really make a PG movie even if it were based on a true story (like American Gangster)

Censorship is taking away freedom of speech.

And I agree to, Shade 45 is not a replacement for XM Raw. Talk talk, Eminem or Dr Dre song....not quite the same as displaying the whole industry for subscribers.

I do hope that they listen to the subscribers and I hope the subscribers speak up, email and call the DJ's and Sirius XM.

11-18-2008, 10:50 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    There is nothing to complain about. If you are being censored, it is because you are subscribed to the family plan, whether intentional or not. I discovered this when I could not get Howard Stern. Apparently, when I declined the playboy channel, it put me into the family freindly version. One call, and all was corrected....
    You couldn't be more wrong. Sirius subscribers never had a family option...

The reason is because there are now only 4 uncensored music channels.

http://www.sirius.com/mature

The reason some songs are censored and some are not, is just due to the fact they are merging the playlists. Give them time and if your channel is not on that list it will be censored.

Guru
    11-19-2008, 08:10 AM #19
    Here is the response for my complaint about Hip Hop Nation being censored:

Thank you for your email regarding Hip Hop Nation being censored. We
    are here to assist!

We appreciate your comments regarding a few songs that we air, which
    have been edited by record companies and artists. We apologize for any
    inconvenience.
    At SIRIUS, our goal is to make the listening experience enjoyable to all
    of our many and diverse subscribers. We strive to deliver an
    entertaining mix of both family-friendly and adult programming. To that
    end, we occasionally air versions of certain songs edited for family
    listening.

This practice only affects select music channels and a relatively small
    number of songs in our vast library. The majority of our music channels
    remain completely unedited. We are committed to delivering the best
    music possible to every subscriber. We hope that it will not impact
    your SIRIUS listening experience in any way.

Thanks again for your feedback. Your suggestion is being forwarded to
    our programming department for further consideration. If you have any
    more suggestions or comments, please feel free to contact SIRIUS
    Customer Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

As well as by email at:

www.sirius.com/customercare

----------------------------------------------------
    All I can say is let your voice be heard...and check the dial and program times. Each station has a website and email, email the DJ, Call the DJ...tell them what you expect.

11-20-2008, 05:04 PM #20
    I would recommend checking out...

http://www.siriuslyscrewed.com

We have to work together to let Sirius know we will not stand for these changes.

Page 2 of 3 123