11-13-2008, 03:09 PM #1

Censored

Does anyone have any information why channel 40 (Hip-Hop Nation) only plays the edited versions of songs now?

Guru
    11-13-2008, 03:53 PM #2
    Please tell me thats not true! Censorship makes Hip Hop totally worthless! might as well make it all instrumental.

Guru
    11-13-2008, 04:01 PM #3
    I didn't even wait for confirmation I emailed customer care to increase the uncensored rap stations and that I won't subscribe if there is reduced uncensored rap station options.

11-13-2008, 09:17 PM #4

Censored? Maybe not!

I was ok with the channel lineup changes until I read this post today concerning censoring Hip Hop Nation. After I read this I was pissed.

On my way home from work, I thought I'd listen in and see if this was true. Well, the first song I heard had the "N" word blipped out & I thought this can't be happening.

However, the next song by Jay-Z made me feel much better. It was unedited and contained all of the dirty words that would get a kids mouth washed out with soap.

Didn't XM have a censored rap channel???? Could this be the merging of the XM & Sirius playlists? Hopefully, everything can be worked out and we can hear every song the way the artist intended.

Daniel

Enthusiast
    11-14-2008, 10:56 AM #5
    Not sure what to make of this. I just posted in the general Sirius forum that I heard Biggy's juicy censored. Now, they played some new track from Eminem and it wasn't censored at all. Also, Did anyone notice that Hip Hop Nation sounds more like Hot Jamz (Originally channel 50)?

Guru
    11-19-2008, 08:18 AM #6
    Im going to cross my fingers and hope your right, Im listening to Hip Hop Nation right now and haven't heard any censoring because the songs don't have anything to censor, which coincides with the email I received from them...

Here is the response for my complaint about Hip Hop Nation being censored:

Thank you for your email regarding Hip Hop Nation being censored. We
    are here to assist!

We appreciate your comments regarding a few songs that we air, which
    have been edited by record companies and artists. We apologize for any
    inconvenience.
    At SIRIUS, our goal is to make the listening experience enjoyable to all
    of our many and diverse subscribers. We strive to deliver an
    entertaining mix of both family-friendly and adult programming. To that
    end, we occasionally air versions of certain songs edited for family
    listening.

This practice only affects select music channels and a relatively small
    number of songs in our vast library. The majority of our music channels
    remain completely unedited. We are committed to delivering the best
    music possible to every subscriber. We hope that it will not impact
    your SIRIUS listening experience in any way.

Thanks again for your feedback. Your suggestion is being forwarded to
    our programming department for further consideration. If you have any
    more suggestions or comments, please feel free to contact SIRIUS
    Customer Care. For your convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

As well as by email at:

www.sirius.com/customercare

----------------------------------------------------
    All I can say is let your voice be heard...and check the dial and program times. Each station has a website and email, email the DJ, Call the DJ...tell them what you expect.

02-09-2009, 11:37 AM #7
    Interesting. I'm not on this forum very often, but listeners of Little Steven's Underground Garage (Sirius 25) just noticed songs being censored on that channel, as well. So I came over here to see if anyone had heard anything about this new occurrence.

The listeners on UG25 are voting 100% in favor of No Censorship at the moment.

So is this an across-the-board thing applying to all channels? Did the FCC force it maybe? B/c UG25 was never censored any more than HHN was.

Does anyone know if they are also bleeping Howard at this point? I refuse to listen to his show to find out.

02-10-2009, 02:04 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Guernica View Post
    Interesting. I'm not on this forum very often, but listeners of Little Steven's Underground Garage (Sirius 25) just noticed songs being censored on that channel, as well. So I came over here to see if anyone had heard anything about this new occurrence. The listeners on UG25 are voting 100% in favor of No Censorship at the moment. So is this an across-the-board thing applying to all channels? Did the FCC force it maybe? B/c UG25 was never censored any more than HHN was. Does anyone know if they are also bleeping Howard at this point? I refuse to listen to his show to find out.
    HHN is not censored anymore and hasn't been for awhile. From what Sirius said it was an accident from merging playlist. I would suggest e-mailing customer service or any on air Djs to find out why your favorite stations are edited. Howard is uncensored 100%, Bubba replays his FM shows monday-thursday and is only live on Friday. Sirius does a pretty good job of taking out the bleeps from the recorded shows. This is only done because sattelite fans were demanding Bubba and they couldn't come to a contract agreement, and this was the only solution they could come up with.