Page 3 of 15 1234513 ...
    11-13-2008, 06:41 PM #21
    Interesting entry in wikipedia..

----
    Boombox was a Breakbeat and rock remix radio station on Sirius Satellite Radio channel 39 and DISH Network channel 6034.

Started by DJ Liquid Todd, Boombox had a format consisting of breakbeat music genres including old school breaks, nu skool breaks, drum and bass, rock remixes, bootlegs and mashups (sometimes referred to as Bastard Pop). DJs on the channel included Liquid Todd and DJ Icey. Guest DJs appeared on the channel each Friday night at 10pm EST for the "Boombox Mix Session" feature.

As of November 12th, 2008, Sirius repurposed this channel for "Pop2K," which plays mainstream/top-40 pop from the 2000's. No electro-rock alternative has been provided.
    ----

Other than Liquid Todd and Dj Icey anyone know of any other DJs that were on there?

11-14-2008, 12:38 AM #22

letter to mel

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...20179&gk=money

send in this letter, call, email....
    i want my channel back!

11-14-2008, 12:41 AM #23

depressing (google cache)

11-14-2008, 02:25 AM #24
    I'm so upset over this, although I enjoy howard, my main station both on internet streaming and in the car was boombox. Never had I heard such a bad ass station. I'm probably going to cancel my radios/internet subscription if they dont fix this.

11-14-2008, 12:50 PM #25

Angry

I just signed up with the sole purpose of venting my frustration about losing Boombox on Sirius.

My receiver was permanently locked on Boombox: without it I'm canceling my subscription. Alt Nation isn't even in the same _universe_ as Boombox and the other electronica stations are just boring progressive trance as usual. I like the Chill channel but it's just not car driving music. Boombox replaced with pop2k??? Kill me now.

I guess I'll be investing in a new mp3 player with enough space to hold all my music and using Pandora to find new music. (until THAT gets shut down too) The only problem is that is that pandora eventually starts to just play the same music over and over if you don't give it new stuff every now and then. I used to use boombox for that, but now I suppose I'll have to start listening to internet radio again.

SIGH. It would be so much eaiser if i was just a sheeple, listening to pop on regular radio and downloading crap from itunes.

11-14-2008, 02:46 PM #26

Angry

I signed the petition and sent it to Mel at HQ.

I just got off the phone with account services and told them the reason for canceling 2 radios and premium internet radio was the retirement of Boombox and Backspin. They confirmed the shows are retired and will not be coming back... I told the nice acct lady that when they return to Sirius I would happily rejoin.

They aren't listening to complaints. The only way Boombox and/or Backspin come back is through a loss in subscribers/profit. Only then will they pay attention to what the consumer wants...

11-14-2008, 04:39 PM #27
    I had recently purchased a Stiletto 2 for my GF because she really liked boombox. Now she is extremely pissed. I'm ready to go ahead and cancel, but I would also like my money back for the radio, considering it's now a 350$ paperweight.

I had a conversation with a CSR yesterday that went no where. I got no responses to my emails to the Sirius website. Seems that they are just ignoring customers. I'm considering trying to put together a site to see if there is any support for a class action lawsuit against them. I feel that I've been given the bait and switch. Get us to purchase expensive hardware, dangling the carrot of original programming in front of our faces... then pull the old bait and switch and turn the original programming into more generic pop stations.

11-14-2008, 06:28 PM #28
    So does anyone have a new venue (online radio/website/billboardchart even to catch some of the new music we'd normally find on Boombox??

I have been looking at the itunes radio stations, still trying to find one that meets what I'm looking for.

So, what are you listening too/reading to get your new music fix for the breakbeats/mashups/electro from boombox?

would be nice to know! share your findings!

11-14-2008, 09:28 PM #29

So angry!

First of all, thank all of you that are trying to fight for this...

Here's the email I sent:
    >>> note: Thanks to THRUST who I borrowed some sentences from which gave me a good starting off point to write this... Please feel free to copy this if you'd like to send it to Sirius.<<<

Just a quick note to let you know that removing Boombox (Channel 39) was a terrible decision. Boombox was one of the few channels that made Sirius worth subscribing to. I thought with the XM merger we would get MORE choices, not less. Now we have a ton of horrible pop channels.... why do we need ten channels to listen to Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson? And how many people out there listen to the Grateful Dead or Bruce Springsteen ALL THE TIME!? Area 38 and BPM just don't cut it, and Alt Nation isn't anywhere close to what Boombox was. Boombox was one of the few original things on Sirius... and now you've gotten rid of it. SHAME ON YOU. I was mad about Planet Jazz getting canceled, but I let it slide because at least I still had my Boombox. You have completely gotten rid of two entire genres that aren't represented ANYWHERE ELSE. This is a disservice to people that supported the sattelite music cause. People that were tired of the same old crap on terrestrial radio. But guess what?... now you're just like them. Nothing interesting, nothing different, nothing to be proud of but no commercials. BIG DEAL. I plan on listening to CDs again. As a musician, I am sick over this. I promise I will NOT be renewing my subscriptions. Another lost customer... good job Sirius.

11-15-2008, 12:48 AM #30

bring back BOOMBOX

Its great to see that I am not the only one who loved boombox! I am sure they cancelled because they did not feel there enough people who listened to that station. I wrote Sirius but only got back a generic email. I found the email addresses of Mel Karmazin and Scott Greenstein. I don t know if they are legit addresses but Ill give them to you. Please write them and voice your concerns. Maybe we dont have to cancel in order to be heard and have boombox brought back. They have to see that this station is missed and wanted. Write them please!!

mkarmazin@siriusradio.com
    sgreenstein@siriusradio.com

Page 3 of 15 1234513 ...