Page 2 of 15 123412 ...
    11-13-2008, 11:54 AM #11
    Unreal... How is alt nation a alternative to boombox?!?!!?!?! The loss of boombox and backspin is devastating. Sirius has lost two Genres of music here clearly hurting subscribers.

They have the same about of music channels now but the electronic listeners get screwed with the loss of two channels plus the loss of Backspin and the XM guys also lost their old school hiphop channel. The direction of sat. radio seems to be moving like terrestrial radio.. more pop. What a shame.

The XM electronic listeners got screwed too and lost the system.

POP2k?!?!!?!?!?! What a slap in the face. It should be channel 2 not 39.

Please bring back Boombox and Backspin!

I was hoping with the merger I'd be able to PAY MORE and get stations like the System, the rhyme ecttttt. Now we get less choice. What a shame.
    Last edited by amnesia622; 11-13-2008 at 11:56 AM.

11-13-2008, 12:54 PM #12
    Yeah, I'm still fuming over this, its just sad really.

I have never really understood why Sirius/XM has so many odd-ball channels. maybe I'm just close-minded. But entire channels dedicated to just one artist... do people really only want to listen to Elvis/Grateful Dead/Oprah non stop????? They have 130 channels. of those, how many are R&B/Hip-Hop/Pop... to me they all sound the same, seriously, Britnety Spears was on the Heat, she's also on Pop2k, and Hits 1... Out of 130 channels, they cut electronic down to 2 freaking channels.

Where am I going to hear Mstrkrft, Soulwax, Krafty Kuts, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, UNKLE (I can go on and on and on) now??????

terrible, seriously, I was driving to work today and had to deal with BPM, and listen to some remix of a Hilary Duff song.... blah!!!!!

11-13-2008, 01:32 PM #13
    I just joined this forum to express my utter disappointment of the removal of the Boombox channel on Sirius. This is my favorite channel and I want to find out how we tell the folks at Sirius that we're unhappy.

1)Call and complain! 1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

2) Email to complain! http://www.sirius.com/customercare

I will be canceling my subscriptions if they don't bring back the Boombox.
    Last edited by ginzero; 11-13-2008 at 02:22 PM.

11-13-2008, 01:43 PM #14
    What channel number was boombox? I don't know the names of all the stations, I just know the numbers I listen to.

11-13-2008, 01:54 PM #15

boombox

I am not happy that they got ride of the BOOMBOX channel, because they did i looked up and found this forum. Thank you for supporting the cause. i have emailed Sirius too and told them that i have 3 accounts with them and not very happy. Thank you guys, BOOMBOX ROX!

11-13-2008, 02:08 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    What channel number was boombox? I don't know the names of all the stations, I just know the numbers I listen to.

Boombox was most recently channel 39

11-13-2008, 02:18 PM #17
    Found this forum looking for reasons why they got rid of boombox. Needless to say, I'm furious. I sent the following to sirius, doubt it'll do any good but at least I tried:

Just a quick note to let ya'll know that removing Boombox (Channel 39) was a terrible decision. Boombox was one of the few channels that made Sirius worth subscribing to. I thought with the XM merger we would get MORE choices, not less. Now we have lots of atrocious pop channels.... why do we need ten channels to listen to Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson, not to mention all of the hip-hop and rap? How many channels do you have dedicated to individual artists? Christ, how many people out there listen to the f-ing Grateful Dead or overrated Bruce Springsteen 24/7? And no, Area 38 and that stupid BPM don't cut it... and don't get me started on the Alt Nation thing. Not even close to Boombox. Boombox was one of the few original things on Sirius... and now you've gotten rid of it.

I know this email is going to be read by someone who has absolutely no control over the lineup. I know it will promptly be deleted without a second thought or care. I know I will get a canned copy-paste response about how sirius respects their users thoughts, and they are constantly striving to acheive the best in quality satellite radio programming blah blah f-ing blah. Just understand that if Boombox doesn't make it back, there are going to be a lot of upset people cancelling subscriptions.... myself included. Thanks for your time.

Guru
    11-13-2008, 04:05 PM #18
    Well personally I love rap but uncensored rap sucks, someone just posted Hip Hop Nation is now censored, finally hitting home....

11-13-2008, 05:28 PM #19
    here is the response I got from Sirius today:

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for writing to us about Boombox. Unfortunately, this station has
    been removed from our programming. Fans of Boombox can tune in to an
    all new weekly show featuring break beats and electro rock on Alt Nation
    Ch. 21.

Sincerely,

Angela A
    SIRIUS Customer Care

so apparently we get an hour maybe 2 of boombox type music/week? sweet!!!!!! i'll just make sure I'm in my car at 11pm on a sunday night so I can listen to it.... ( i have no idea when the show will be on by the way...)

11-13-2008, 06:21 PM #20
    A 2 hour boombox like show.. ?!?!!? screw that..

Looks like I'll be going back to podcasts of some breakbeat dnb shows.. and grabbing mixes from online...

Boombox kinda reminds me of that DnB, Jungle, House radio station the Swedish Eagle had in L.A. back in the 90s.... was sorry when that went away too.

R.I.P. Boombox.. it was nice when it lasted.. anyone remember any of the names of the Boombox DJs?? I'll definitely be keeping an eye-out for them online...

Page 2 of 15 123412 ...