Page 14 of 15 ... 412131415
    01-16-2009, 08:41 PM #131
    because we need 10stations specific to a single band

01-19-2009, 11:55 PM #132

Exclamation

It's sad they put this on alt 21 and replaced 'zeros and ones' as the 'return of boombox'. I caught the new 'boombox show on alt21' by *chance* and it was great! Liquid Todd was playing all the classics from boombox I was almost in shock...He even apologized for all the confusion and even mentioned 'boombox 38 and how it 'used to be a channel'

I had been drinking at the time but I seem to recall him making a comment/appeal at either the program director or the president of the company along the lines of 'maybe we'll get it back...we'll see' or something like that at the end of the broadcast. I think this was his hint at us to keep up the messages and phone calls. Please do not let this issue die.

I'm going to call again tomorrow and I'm sending another message via the form on their website.
    Last edited by unt0ld; 01-19-2009 at 11:58 PM.

01-25-2009, 09:50 AM #133

Boom Box, Back Spin, Punk channel

I lost 3 of my 4 presets in a day. I understand that things change , but now I'm paying for the music I can get for free on terrestrial radio. Granted "Back Spin" is back, but is that worth $142.00 a year?

Guru
    01-25-2009, 01:25 PM #134
    Is it worth $1420 over 10 years?

I know people that have spent that much in one year for CD's. I know people that have spent endless hours of personal free time downloading and creating playlists.

I consider my personal time worth somewhere over $200 an hour (meaning, I'll repair my own car if it would take me 1 hour to do it myself before paying someone else $400 to do it at a shop). So, to waste one hour downloading, creating playlists or going to the store is more costly than a one year subscription.

If you buy an XMP3 im sure you'll find that soon you'll have it full of 100 hours of the new program offerings that satisfy your crave. It allows you to set up scheduled recordings like a tivo.

01-25-2009, 03:34 PM #135
    I agree, 1 music channel is not worth a yearly subscription. if there were a few favorites remaining then the personal time vs the satrad fee becomes a valid argument, one that I have made countless time as I feel that was one of the major points of having this thing. but with things the way they are now, you cant go 24 hours without hearing countless duplications, let alone 100... and now that so much content is being replaced with clean versions and the sound quality has been cut on so many channels, I think my time spent does make a better quality listening experience and is worth the effort. at least for those of us who were in to electronic music past the generic sounding stuff you hear 20 hours a day on Area (insert number here) and BPM. I have found myself once again using the CDs Ive spent thousands on, and making new mix sets on the tables converting my electronica vinyl to digital again. theres just nothing included with the subscription that can cover this need in a non cheesy generic sounding way anymore. at this point, it seems the people who were happy with FM, are the ones that are going to love the new Sirius XM.

Guru
    01-25-2009, 10:09 PM #136
    I hope the company recognizes the niche programming again when they get merger related issues behind them.

01-26-2009, 10:56 AM #137
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I hope the company recognizes the niche programming again when they get merger related issues behind them.
    They don't recognize the niche. To them Area(XX) = BPM = Boombox. I am 100% sure that they are sitting in their offices wondering why we are bitching so much and consider our wants unreasonable. Jeeez why won't they just shut up there are like 3 channels with electronic music and they still can't be satisfied.

01-29-2009, 06:40 PM #138

Wtf!!!

Little late on this but I just un-froze my account to find BOOMBOX is gone. Signed the petition, send e-mail to customer service. Anything else to do? I'll give it until March when they start charging to listen online. No Boombox by then, and I'm gone.

01-29-2009, 08:22 PM #139
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFunkyWill View Post
    Little late on this but I just un-froze my account to find BOOMBOX is gone. Signed the petition, send e-mail to customer service. Anything else to do? I'll give it until March when they start charging to listen online. No Boombox by then, and I'm gone.
    wow..yeah.. boombox channel has been dead a while and doesn't look to be coming back as a channel.

There is a Boombox show at some odd hour once a week and DJ Icey also has a small block of time on BPM as well..

There are other great alternatives for break-beat though..

I check back every now and then here at this site which is great for raw Sirius/XM news and to see about Boombox rumors or if it actually does come back.

02-03-2009, 05:44 PM #140
    Here's Todd's latest blog, listen how he alludes to 'hasn't given him a station yet'. Please continue the emails...I called in again to cancel (they had given me a few months free).

They gave me another 3 months... We spent about 20minutes talking about how BPM and AREA don't cut it for the music we had from BOOMBOX. I told her I wanted it back...

Please reply to Todd's blog and show your support!

http://www.liquidtodd.com/Liquid_Tod...box_Radio.html