Page 9 of 15 ... 7891011 ...
    12-05-2008, 01:20 PM #81
    My radio feels empty without Boombox. XM Chill has improved I must say.. but when you want to crank it up where do you go now?

I hope sirius can pull through and bring it back.

12-08-2008, 04:16 PM #82

Thought of the Day

I think I'll send this to them as my impression of their dropping of Boombox and some of the other "niche" channels. I think the Reel Big Fish song "Sell Out" said it nicely:

you're gonna go to the record store
    you're gonna give 'em all your money
    radio plays what they want you to hear
    they tell me it's cool but I just don't believe it...

sell out, with me oh yea, sell out, with me tonight
    record company's gonna give me lots of money
    and everything's gonna be (all right).

12-09-2008, 05:41 PM #83

Smile Boombox might come BACK!

The word Im hearing from a friend of a friend at SiriusXM is that several channels, including BoomBox, are int he running to be returned to the line up. Others are BackSpin and The Strobe. All the calls and emails have made a big differencse.

Dont stop now everybody. We can do this!

12-09-2008, 10:45 PM #84
    It's just hard for me to believe that there isn't someone who at least has a clue about music working for Sirius. For example, I like to think I know a lot about music and though I hate country, I would still include some country channels because people listen to it. I also understand that there are different types, therefore, there should be more than two channels. I also know that Electronic music is so diverse, there are many more genres than any other type of music, by far.

Two stations just doesn't cut it. Anyone that knows anything about electronic music knows that girly girly dance and "trance" will not please even 25% of us. There should be at least 5 stations. Trance, electro, breaks, girly house and a progressive house slash techno station. That would rule. Get rid of Chill (should be called the Bjork Channel), get rid of Pop10k or whatever the hell it is and add one more station and we're set. Hell, I would be happy if it were just a playlist on there most of the time, no dj, just a long track list. Would be better than crossing my fingers and praying there's something on Area or BPM that I can stomach.

While I'm bitching again, one more thing. Am I the only one that can't stand the 60s channel? I love 60s music but they only play the sissy crap that makes me want to drive my car off a cliff. I want to hear some Vietnam style rock, like some Credance or something... damn!

That's it for now.

12-09-2008, 11:41 PM #85
    The 60's channel tries to hit the variety that was on the radio during that decade. If you want some CCR hang around Classic Vinyl a bit.

12-12-2008, 01:32 PM #86
    I want to thank Sirius, if it wasn't for them removing boombox and their crappy tin can sound I would have never found Slacker.com. I have the g2 in my car and it blows away sirius, their electronic channels are great.
    My subscription ends in 8 days, I can't wait to cancel.

Head Honcho
    12-12-2008, 02:55 PM #87
    You dont have to wait to cancel, you can call right now. Why would you wait until it runs out?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-14-2008, 07:43 PM #88
    Ok ok, It's done.

Mentor
    12-17-2008, 12:37 AM #89
    Sirius XM Brings Back Strobe and Backspin

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio
    “We are fortunate to have an enthusiastic audience that embraces satellite radio with unprecedented fervor. We will continue to listen to them as we strive to create the best audio entertainment experience available.”
    Keep up the good work people. Backspin is back. Keep emailing. They are listening. You may get your Boombox back yet. Keep the faith.

12-17-2008, 09:12 AM #90
    Oh hallelujah! At least they're listening. Hopefully they don't censor Backspin like they did Hip Hop nation. Thanks for posting the good news!

Page 9 of 15 ... 7891011 ...