Page 1 of 15 12311 ...
    11-12-2008, 09:48 AM #1

Please help save Boombox!

Its gone today, and no other channel plays that kind of music... This is really disappointing! Damn this merger.

Guru
    11-12-2008, 10:28 AM #2
    I understand your pain, but no one should expect things to stay the same, regardless of a merger, things change, they will continue to shuflle years down the road. There are numbers that show how many listeners each channel has and im sure that goes into the decision making.

Terrestrial does it all the time, channels dissappear, morning show hosts dissappear, quite frequently, i know its a pay service, but hopefully they meet your needs on another channel.

did you write them an email, they will at least try to give you guidance to another channel. good luck.

11-12-2008, 01:25 PM #3
    Tell me who to email, because I am about to cancel my service.

Five years of quality programming down the toilet. Music channels deleted and replaced by XM tripe.

Mentor
    11-12-2008, 01:45 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post

Terrestrial does it all the time, channels dissappear, morning show hosts dissappear, quite frequently.
    That's why terrestrial radio sucks? Satellite should not follow what terrestrial does at all............or it will suck just like terrestrial and it looks like it's on it's way!

There is no old school break beat on XM now either - they just cancelled The Ryme - which was one of my favorite channels and another whole genre that is not represented on SIRIUS or XM!

Idiot management!

At least represent these genres on one of the platforms or online for gosh sake........
    Last edited by Demian; 11-12-2008 at 02:06 PM.

11-12-2008, 02:08 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    That's why terrestrial radio sucks? Satellite should not follow what terrestrial does at all............or it will suck just like terrestrial and it looks like it's on it's way!

At least represent these genres on one of the platforms or online for gosh sake........
    They can't do that! By god I need sixteen more Skynard stations!

So much for merger = choice.

11-12-2008, 02:20 PM #6
    So I just sent them an email, and decided to come here and see if anyone else is as worked up about this as I am. This is what I emailed them:

Hi, I would just like to make a comment on the deletion of Boombox, previous channel 39. Boombox was my most listened to channel. I would like to just say that I thoroughly enjoyed that channel for its original music selection. You note that if I enjoyed Boombox, I should listen to Alt Nation 21 as an alternative, however Alt Nation is nothing like Boombox. Boombox does take a large amount of music from Alt Nation, however its remixed as electro rock, which is what made this channel original.

Also, you replaced boombox with Pop 200k, why would you replace such an original channel with another pop / top 40 channel when we already have Hits 1?

I truely hope that in the future you reconsider and give Boombox back to your listeners.

I just don't understand how they can replace Booombox with pop200k when we already have Hits 1.... seriously...

11-12-2008, 02:43 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ron View Post
    So I just sent them an email, and decided to come here and see if anyone else is as worked up about this as I am.
    You're not alone, friend.

Area 38 can be tolerable at times, but compounded by the fact that now there's XM's truly awful BMP station and Sirius Chill in the Elec/Dance category is laughable. Completely laughable.

I am truly livid.

11-12-2008, 03:31 PM #8

Unhappy Livid indeed!

FINALLY I had found a station that satisfied my tastes, BOOMBOX. I was very dismayed this morning to hear more POP in place of Boombox. What a joke. Just what we need, more pop. And is it just me, or are there more RAP and HIP HOP and SOUL stations than ever???

This was the most unique station I had ever heard and as a newer subscriber to Sirius it showed me how dedicated they are to alternate programming. The remixes, the mash-ups and so much break/big beat heaven made it the most interesting and entertaining upbeat channel in their line up. And the late night DJ sets were awesome and not just another dance mix.

Alt Nation is not even close as an alternate. I wrote the very same letter to Sirius this morning, although I doubt it will have any effect unless WE ALLLLLLL JOIN IN AND TELL THEM WHAT WE WANT. We PAY for this, so demand should be a factor in these decisions.

I was siriously just about to buy another system and subscription for my other car and home, and now that's on hold! The annoying thing is, there's no more competition, so if you don't like it, you gotta leave it.

It's sad because for so long, XM and other stations/programmers, internet and otherwise, thought of electronica as nothing but dance music: disco with more synths and drum machines. The other stations, Area 38, the beat, etc all played to that thinking. ONLY BOOMBOX dared to be different---and this is what happens. If anyone becomes aware, or is aware, of an internet radio station with similar programming, I'm all ears!!!

RIP BOOMBOX

SIRIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED,
    ChillVill'n

11-12-2008, 03:58 PM #9
    I agree with you guys. How can AltNation be a replacement for BoomBox? I sent them an email about my loyalty to Sirius and my love for BoomBox. After being a subscriber for 4 years, I am now having mix feelings about Sirius and the new channel listing.

Everyone, go to their website and sign into your account. Go to customer service and send them a email.

11-13-2008, 11:15 AM #10

Thumbs down DJ's/Programming

I was really disappointed this morning when I tuned into 60's and 50's -- what's with all the chatter? CONTESTS? PLEASE! I don't listen to local radio because they talk too darn much. Now I'm paying to listen to Sirius/XM DJ's run off at the mouth instead of play music. Come on guys -- bad programming decision -- let's get back to the reason for SATRAD -- music! Remember?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ...