Page 13 of 15 ... 31112131415
    01-08-2009, 11:12 AM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-atomics View Post

I have no idea where they get stats from

They physically can't have complete stats. Satellite communications is like terrestrial radio or television, its one way. None of these technologies allows the sender to truly know who, how many, or where the signal is being consumed, much less what the consumer is actually watching/listening to. That's kind of where I call B.S. on their blanket statements about audience numbers. They have what, 3-5 foreign language channels still on? You're telling me more people are listening to the news in Korean than Boombox? Bottom line they didn't understand the commercial viability or differentiation that would make Boombox in their mind a channel worth retaining so, they combined that lack of understanding with this supposed survey they did and axed it. Now they are just being stubborn and refusing to even consider they may have made a mistake. Things like disco and classic hip hop are easy to understand for these jacks and they can wrap their pee brains around why people want them so they are back on. It has little to do with the audience numbers because as I stated before they can't possibly know how many people really listen.

Bottom line: They can't even tell the difference between BPM/AREA/BOOMBOX so how can we expect them to want to return it back?

01-08-2009, 11:21 AM #122
    Good point man. Who knows. It's just silly.

Haha, every day I reply to that canned message about how Jon Zellner was a fan of Boombox that I got from Customer Service. I try to say something new each time. It's hilarious. They probably think I'm crazy.

Today I asked him what he thought of Disco Rodeo and if he was buying In2volver. He's like my imaginary friend. Hahaha.

01-08-2009, 02:03 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by 611Reprazent View Post
    Good point man. Who knows. It's just silly.

Haha, every day I reply to that canned message about how Jon Zellner was a fan of Boombox that I got from Customer Service. I try to say something new each time. It's hilarious. They probably think I'm crazy.

Today I asked him what he thought of Disco Rodeo and if he was buying In2volver. He's like my imaginary friend. Hahaha.
    dude that is awesome... your sarcasm style is strong

01-08-2009, 06:36 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-atomics View Post
    The only problem I have with Slacker.com is they do not have a dedicated BreakBeat channel like http://www.di.fm has, but I do have their page bookmarked.

true, but 'new sounds' in eletronic/dance plays a lot of boombox hits and with a premium membership you can favorite songs and ban songs that suck, it's freakin awesome.

01-09-2009, 04:51 PM #125

Make it hurt now

So... I stumbled onto this related to other SiriusXM complaints regarding long term contract holders (lifetime, multi-year) and specifically the loss of programming. It was directed towards the shell game they played with NBA by moving it to XM and then charging back to Sirius subscribers that had already had it, but I think that the base concept applies beyond the NBA programming instance. There is a forum for complaining against commercial entities that is reviewed by lawyers as leads for class action lawsuits. I think that if they got enough complaints on programming quality/content from long term subscribers that maybe some legal group might smell an opportunity.

For what's it is worth:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

Report away.... if nothing else it made me feel better. Maybe I'll email my new buddy and fellow ex Boombox listener/enthusiast Mel and tell him he could sign up too to get his own company sued!!! lol.

01-10-2009, 01:00 PM #126

Angry

Well it's Saturday and with the snow storm coming in NY and no plans to go out in that type of weather, I guess I will be able to get my daily dose of Boombox tonight listening to Zeros and Ones at 10 pm. Hmmmm...big decision I have to make. Do I sit in my car and watch the snow while listening to Liquid Todd or do I sit in front of a blank computer screen? You suck Sirius XM, it shouldn't have to come to this. My subscription is up in February and that is not a big decision I will have to make. I will be cancelling as of 2/18 if Boombox is not back.

01-11-2009, 01:27 AM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
    For what's it is worth:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

Report away.... if nothing else it made me feel better.
    Just the other day I was actually thinking about filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I knew unless a whole lot of people did it that it would be almost useless.. but that it would make me feel better. And it did!

Ive now filed with both the bbb and consumer affairs. thanks for the link.. heres one to the Better Business Bureau.

http://www.bbb.org/

Banned
    01-13-2009, 07:30 PM #128
    News today. Boombox is gonna at least have a show or two that you can enjoy
    http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/bo...area.html#more

01-14-2009, 01:36 AM #129
    Great, another show for Liquid Todd during a time that I can't listen on a station that doesn't make sense. God, I love paying for this service.

01-14-2009, 02:39 PM #130
    jmm232,
    I think this is old news. Liquid Todd's show began back in November. It's called Zeros and Ones. Why can't we just get our Liquid Todd back full time?