Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    11-12-2008, 12:48 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Wouldn't it be crazy if this asshole was spot on right?

Look at all the people who were right on about the credit crisis, only to be brushed aside and called crazy. Now all those "crazies" are going to wind up with great new jobs.

We may never know.

As another poster said, just making his feelings public and bringing this case should put the heat on management to stay away from ever looking to go private unless they get a $ 2.50 buyout. I'm not in this moment, but if I were to buy let's say 100k shares at .20 cents, I'd take this price in a heartbeat. At least I would breakeven !

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 01:24 AM #12
    IMHO, Hartleib presented himself and his case/cause rather well except when he kept repeating that he seeks accountability and accountability only. When pressed by the bobblehead reporter (who referred to SIRIUS as SIRIUM several times until she was corrected by someone off camera) who asked, "Do you want your money back?" All Hartleib had for an answer is accountability.

This tack, though presumably it is pertinent to the lawsuit, seems insincere to me. Why not answer, "You're goshdarn right I want my money back, but we also seek accountablity to the shareholders who also want their money back."

Harleib almost got to mention Mel's backflip on the Reverse Split, but he was talked over by the bobblehead.

In total, Hartleib made a good case for himself and his posse on FOX Biz Channel.

That Hartleib split some hairs as Homer suggests, seems perfectly reasonable to me, when contrasted with the hairsplitting, backflips and 180's performed by Mel "The Magician" Karmazin.

Hartleib is within his rights to color the story in his favor as long as he doesn't lie, which he did not where I can see.

JMHO, I am an unsophisicated shareholder of SIRI which sucks.

Head Honcho
    11-12-2008, 01:26 AM #13
    I am so glad you noticed that she said Sirium at least twice. I thought I was cracking up and had to rewind the clip.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 01:43 AM #14
    She doesn't know diddlysquat about the company. She doesn't know its tumultuous and interesting history. If she did, she would never have made the error. No one ever calls it Sirium. That sounds like a pharmaceutical.

The reporter used canned talking points. The points she made were typically biased in favor of the corporation over the common man. How dare you question the motives of a bonafide company (Sirium) ? Everyone has lost money in this market!!! Move along. Nothing to see here.

As such, Harleib did a fine job under the circumstances. I wish he could have made the point clearly wrt the RS. Mel said a RS would not be needed. People know the value of a company. They are not fooled by a RS.

Now Mel says, Vote for the RS in case we need it. That and a dilution of shares. What he means is - Trust Me - vote for a dilution of shares and a RS for desert. Here, take this gun and point it at your head. It may have blanks in it.

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 11:35 AM #15
    WELL WE DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIM BEING RIGHT.. HE IS PISSED AT LOSSES. I AM TO IM DOWN 20K AND I WAITED AFTER THE MERGER YOU GUYS THAT ARE LONG TERM GUYS ARE REALY FEELING IT

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 03:53 PM #16
    And I thought that I was just hearing her wrong.

Could Sirium be a deadly disease?

Caused by dilution, reverse splits and poor management.

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 04:29 PM #17

Sirium Delerium

Sirium Delerium - a neurological disorder attributed to the loss off 90 percent of one's investment compounded by potential dilution and a Reverse Split. Tourette's-Syndrome-like symptoms are typical - including irrational outbusts and cursing, mood swings, crying jags and suicidal thoughts. Higher occurance occurs among Unsophisticated Trailer Park Dwellers who spent a year's worth of beer and tobacco money on SIRI. Mel Karmazin describes the disease by saying "It Sucks". There is no cure in sight.

AKA Karmazin's Plague, Stern's Nightmare, and What's That Giant Sucking Sound?

Head Honcho
    11-12-2008, 04:43 PM #18
    ^ Well done ^
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    11-12-2008, 07:26 PM #19
    DONT FORGET (MEL-CAN-KILL-A-SIRI-TIS)..

SYMPTOMS INCLUDE LOSS OF BODILY FUNCTION

EXTREME MOOD SWINGS AND RAGE

A SEVERE MIGRAN AND SPLITING HEAD ACHES

AND A STRONG SMELLING PILE O-