Enthusiast
    11-10-2008, 07:29 AM #1

Jag, Delphi and Riaa against Hd/Satrad mandate

Only a few comments have been made to date on this subject.within the FCC docket which is requesting information and or comments.

which i find a bit surprising I expected more from the die hard sat-rad investors whom have already felt enough pain over the last couple of years.

lets see sat-rads not allowed to originate programming that differs from its national signal via repeaters. but the old broadcasters can ask for forced inclusion in sdars for its local content.

Heres the link for anybody that may have a interest in this issue.

heres a semi related thread from radio info.com Which has a link to a survey on jacobsmedia site hdradio and the efforts and results thus far by broadcasters.It looks like it is a survey from iBiquity.
    Last edited by tim wallick; 11-10-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added online survey

11-10-2008, 01:49 PM #2
    IMO enough individuals made their feelings clear regarding this issue in the merger docket. The point has been driven home and thousands of rants from disappointed shareholders isn't going to sway the FCC any more than one well-spoken opinion piece.

The fact that the "big boys" in the automobile and recording industry have pointed out the obvious is more than enough.

Anyone have a timeline on this issue anyway? I would hope something this cut and dry would be a quick resolution.

Enthusiast
    11-13-2008, 04:31 AM #3
    looks like the comment list is growing the old broadcasters are filling up the docket.And Sirius/xm has now filed a document which claims the fcc lacks authority and law to mandate inclusion of hd or other systems.

Mentor
    11-13-2008, 02:01 PM #4
    Mine was the 9th submission to the docket. I have spoken my mind.

BTW: Here is my comment.
    Last edited by Newman; 11-13-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added link

Enthusiast
    11-17-2008, 10:58 AM #5
    have read through all the comments and it looks like sat-rad and the public should prevail if the filings continue and the FCC does as directed by congress and serves the publics needs and wants first and always.

I like what you said in your filing, I most likely will submit a comment also..

as i see this issue as only a pathway to extend the failed hdradio concept in order to held drive some revenue growth. which i don't see happening within the context of old broadcasters as they refuse to fix the crappy content and or to embrace people as if they maintain real intellect.

Mentor
    11-17-2008, 04:46 PM #6
    By the way, I posted a Follow Up Comment to the docket, just to make sure my point got accross.

I must say, I do like my last line:
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    A government that forces people to do and pay for things against its will is not called a democracy, it is called Communist.
    Last edited by Newman; 11-17-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: added quote

Enthusiast
    11-23-2008, 08:18 PM #7
    holy shit batman,even ford has now came out against this effort to include hd radio by mandate,even though they are one of the primary investors in ibiquity. heres the link