Page 1 of 17 12311 ...
    Mentor
    11-09-2008, 11:02 PM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 11/10/08

With earnings out on Monday, I think this thread will be more active than usual...

Party on Party People

Enthusiast
    11-09-2008, 11:15 PM #2
    Futures are up so far. At least we might not have a headwind going in.

Enthusiast
    11-09-2008, 11:21 PM #3
    WELL ITS HERE Q3 NUMBERS AND MEL SPEAKS ABOUT SYNERGIES AND DEBT.. IT WILL BE A BIG WEEK FOR SIRIUS XM.. BUT I HAVE A FEELING

EVERYTING GONNA BE ALRIGHT MON..

LONG STRONG WITH 30,000 SHARES WICH AINT WORTH MUCH TODAY BUT IT WILL BE..

WAR// STEELERS AND BIG BEN GETTING IT TOGETHER, MEL GIVING US SOME GOOD NEWS AND ME GETTING SOME SLEEP TONIGHT STILL PISSED ABOUT THE GAME

Addict
    11-10-2008, 12:56 AM #4
    just saw a hyundai sonata tv ad...states xm inside and has a on and off flashing neon xm logo during commercial and longer sight of it at ad ending.

Nice to see that we are getting some product awareness.

Mentor
    11-10-2008, 01:10 AM #5
    Just as a disclaimer:

I may sell shares depending on the results of the conference call.

I intend to sell if the price spikes, then buy back in once it settles back in.

This disclaimer is posted since I am a contributor to the website, just as Brandon made his disclaimer back before he sold and then bought back in.

Mentor
    11-10-2008, 02:15 AM #6
    I can't believe the falsehoods in these SIRI articles - one after another! The inaccuracies are never in SIRI's favor either....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/15918.cfm

Sirius-XM channel merging to begin next week
    9 November 2008 22:56 by James "Dela" Delahunty

The combination of Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio, Sirius-XM, will begin merging channels next week. The new company has 19 million paying subscribers currently, and despite an economic downturn, it is expecting growth. A drop off in car sales is somewhat threatening to its future business prospects however. While the company is being quiet about the exact details of programming change, many stations from the previous companies are expected to be merged if they provide similar content.

There will also be new subscription offerings for each system, with XM subscribers getting Sirius content like Howard Stern and the NFL for an extra $4 per month. All existing XM radios will get the Best of Sirius package, whereas only the recently-released Sirius Starmate 5 will be able to get the Best of XM package.

The Starmate 5 will get a la carte options as well, with users able to pick their 50 - 100 favorite stations for a lower monthly fee.

11-10-2008, 06:28 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Just as a disclaimer:

I may sell shares depending on the results of the conference call.

I intend to sell if the price spikes, then buy back in once it settles back in.

This disclaimer is posted since I am a contributor to the website, just as Brandon made his disclaimer back before he sold and then bought back in.
    Warning--you may not get back in if the CC reveals that the debt has been dealt with. I'm not saying the price will shoot through the roof, but it may reach a new plateau with the debt being the major reason behind analyst downgrades. There also could be strong institutional covering if there is any significant upward momentum, as the stock is the most shorted on the NASDAQ. Don't let the emotional need to experience some kind of upside, after having been wounded by the PPS drop, cheat you out of signifgant long term gain...

Enthusiast
    11-10-2008, 07:28 AM #8
    UNLESS YOU GOT IN THIS A.M. AT .27 AND SOLD ON A SPIKE UP TO .50 THATS NOT A SMART PLAY IF YOU HAVE BEEN AVERAGE DOWN FOR PAST3 MONTHS.. IF YOUR IN FOR INVESTMENT BETTRE HOLD THATS A RISKY PROP..IF YOUR WANTING TO DAY TRADE, DO THIS WAIT TILL ABOUT 11-1130 AND LOOK TO SHORT AAPL, MRVL,RIMM OFF THERE HIGHS YOU WILL GET A 10% CLIP.. PEACE GOT TO GET BIZZEEE

Mentor
    11-10-2008, 10:48 AM #9
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081110/ny44887.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: SIRIUS XM Radio

BMW and Sirius XM Radio Extend Relationship
    Monday November 10, 6:00 am ET

BMW will continue to offer SIRIUS as a factory option with a one-year bundled subscription
    NEW YORK, Nov. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI - News) today announced an agreement to extend SIRIUS XM Radio's relationship with BMW through September of 2011.

"Satellite radio's exceptional content fits well with BMW, delivering a premium mobility experience to our owners. More and more BMW owners are choosing to equip their vehicles with SIRIUS and we are pleased to continue making it available to current and future BMW owners," said Jack Pitney, Vice-President of Marketing for BMW of North America.

"BMW provides their customers with a superb driving experience and our commercial-free music and great sports, talk and news programming affords BMW owners the best in-vehicle entertainment anywhere," said Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS XM Radio. "We are very pleased to continue to extend our partnership with BMW."

SIRIUS satellite radio is available as an option on all BMW vehicles with a one-year bundled subscription included in the price of the vehicle. For more information on SIRIUS, please visit www.sirius.com.

Mentor
    11-10-2008, 10:57 AM #10
    SIRI's former council to be new FCC chairman?

SIRI to get a friend at the FCC?

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...ge_top+stories

Obama Weighs Choices for FCC Chairman
    As his transition team considers who will head the Federal Communications Commission, the power of the traditional telcos seems to be waning
    By Olga Kharif

"In making the choice, the Obama team is considering appointing the first African American woman to the post, while it also fields recommendations from advisers who served in the FCC under President Bill Clinton. Heading up the selection process is Henry Rivera, partner at Washington law firm Wiley Rein. Headed by former FCC Chairman Richard Wiley, Wiley Rein has represented such companies as AT&T, Verizon Communications (VZ), Viacom (VIA), Motorola (MOT), and Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI)."

Page 1 of 17 12311 ...