water vapor and co2 in global climate change
Now that i have shown Johns first two premises to be false here is the third and last of the lies.
Global warming deniers put forth the idea that H2O accounts for 95% (well john says the 0cean gives off 98% of the global warming gases) of the greenhouse effect and therefore CO2 is insignificant.
John puts it this way. if the oceans put out 98% of the global warming gases and everything else and humans are responsible for the other 2% then how can humans be such a big part of the equation.
Well according to the scientific literature and CLIMATE SCIENTISTS those statements dont come from any scientific source and are in fact FALSE.
This info comes from RealClimate.org. Climate science from climate scientists.
"According to the scientific literature C02 contributes anywhere from 9% to 30% ( depending on cloud variations) of the overall greenhouse effect.
First of all "H20 in the troposphere is a feedback effect, it is not a forcing agent" "simply put, any artificial perturbation in water vapour concentrations is too short lived to change the climate. Too much H2O in the air will quickly rain out, not enough and the abundant ocean surface will provide the difference via evaporation. But once the air is warmed by other means, H2o concentrations will rise and stay high, thus providing the feedback."
Again this next statements takes on Johns thesis.
"the human-caused contribution corresponds to about 3% (John uses the 2% figure) of the total carbon dioxide in the present atmoshphere:
THIS ONE IS BLATANTLY FALSE AND IS ERRONEOUSLY CREDITED TO THE US DEPT OF ENERGY IN THE ORIGINAL SOURCE (THEIR TABLE 1) THE 3% NUMBER ACTUALLY COMES FROM COMPARING THE HUMAN EMISSIONS WITH THE GROSS EMISSION FROM NATURAL SOURCES WHILE NEGLECTING TO CONSIDER THE NATURAL SINK. BECAUSE OF THE RAPID CYCLING BETWEEN THE BIOSPHERE, THE ATOMOSPHERE AND THE UPPER OCEAN, THAT IS AN IRRLEVANT COMPARISON-KIND OF LIKE COMPARING THE INTEREST IN YOU BANK ACCOUNT AND YOUR SALARY AND EXPECTING TO BE ABLE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR SAVINGS WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT YOUR SPENDING"
"THE CORRECT STATEMENT IS THAT CO2 IS AROUND 30% HIGHER THAN IT WAS IN THE PRE-INDUSTRIAL PERIOD AND ALL OF THAT RISE IS DUE TO HUMAN EMISISIONS (FOSSIL FUEL USE AND AND DEFORESTATION PRINCIPALLY)
if you want to read more its here. Johns premise is false and what folllows from that premise is false as well.
So much more out there to refute another of John's premises. Only so much time in the day.:D Goodnight.