I am going all in at .42 with a sell order, just in case of a spike (see we have the same strategy, lol). I will pull that order if necessary after the initial flood of lemmings are done f'g up the stock price.
Originally Posted by Newman
I get the same feeling as you, Newman, that it will come back down to AT least .20.
Just remember, there are loads of people wanting to dump this stock and just get out alive, so there will be a lot of selling. On the other side of the coin, the "I'm going to get rich quick" crowd will be buying hand over fist. So when you weigh the two sides, the advance might not be as great as one would predict. It will be quite volatile though....who knows....at.36 or .42 a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.
Then I can let the dust settle and re-position myself. Yes sir, I like that plan...uh huh...:)
I have done it
All in @.42 in case of surge....Just a little up front protection..At least it will buy me some time to think..end of that story for now :)
I need some advice here! You all know I have 50k @ .317 adv. I want to also put a sell for .50 I just dont know if I should do only half, and i have almost all my original investment back and in case it goes above .50 I can sell the rest...or just sell it all @ .50 and make 10k and buy it back after it settles...I dont want to hear Its yours and you got to do what you think is right...I want to do what is smart....and want to know what you would do....:cool:
Did you try putting the limit order on GT-90 @ .50? They might take that...just a thought. That is what I did with the .42.
I dont understand why you guys can't put in what you want to sell up to what you want....Before I changed it to .50 I had a order to sell for 50K @ $20 for 1Mil. It looked real good too!
Originally Posted by billhart22
Anyway I put it all @ .50....If you think its a mistake please let me know!
I think dumping every share of Sirius is a bad move. This stock will be so volitile for the next two weeks that it is tough to determine exactly where the stock will go or what it will do. That is why I set up two different sells, one at 30 and one at 42. And I am only putting 20% total of my investment up for sale.
(BTW Sworn: Scottrade will not let me put in the order above 42. I even tried 43, but it pushes it out saying it is to far from the current bid and ask. I have no idea why it does this, but it does.)
I think that selling everything in one swoop is understandable if you are covering your position and getting out for good, but if you are selling and then buying back in later at a lower cost average, you are assuming alot. You are assuming that nothing else will happen to boost the stock price. You are assuming that you will get an opportunity to buy in lower. You are assuming that the price will hit 50 in the first place.
I always think that the best way to sell into news like this is in stages. I may actually increase my numbers to 20%, but delete both my current orders and just keep one order at 35%. I honestly believe that it will hit that, and then come back down, but I am not willing to risk my entire investment on it. What happens if it spikes to 50, and then the next day the Q4 CC is announced, bouncing it to 65, and then the CC blows out expectations and pushes it closer to $1? Like I said, I REALLY doubt this happens, but if it does... you are screwed. Sure, it will come back down to reality eventually, but you miss a wanderful pop.
I would keep at least 25% (perferably 50%) of the position open if you truely believe in this company long term just in case of the situation I mention above. How would you feel if you missed that extra 50 cents per share?
BTW: I bought a pretty good number of shares at 0.058 per share. If it hits 35 cents, this would be a 700% increase for me on that lot of shares. I would think it would be greedy to try to get more than that... =)
Thank you Newman...
Originally Posted by Newman
Points well taken...and applied!:cool:
Gee Tony, you're not asking much! lol Let's start this way....it is a .10 stock. It is NOT the only stock in the world. It holds little future promise, but then again could be big. When this all started, people were sure it was going to go back up so they let it ride and lost their asses and have been averaging down ever since to nothingsville.
Originally Posted by Sworntwofun
If it were me, and just me....I would get my money plus a profit and then get my wits about myself and then figure out how much to re-invest. As a matter of fact, that is what I am doing. Two things in life...don't f**k with another man's money or his wife, so I am just telling you what I am doing and why.
Besides that, there isn't any decisiveness as to what is going to happen to this company. There are not any projections...we don't even know yet if bk is coming tomorrow.
Newman can tell you the what prevails with stock and bankruptcy. I am just going to try save my ass number one.
If I had 10K I could buy a whole shit load of really quality stocks. That is just me.
*********** But I am really light on SIRI stock, because I don't have that much to be splitting up. I have the limit in and am sticking with my decision, because of my low number of shares...I CAN change it during the day. So, in my case going all in is not stupid or bad. With a large number of shares, Newman's advice is best applied to you **************
Bill....Thank You Sir...:cool: